Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How did this happen?

Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295

Someone decided they wanted to hack a 5 month inactive LOTRO account. Why and how? no clue.  they changed the password (which i reset)  and decided to reactivate the account with my parent's creditcard. That's pretty lame. I haven't even been on turbine's site since I formatted a while back. So how they found my account? no one will ever know.

Comments

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

dude so far i have had weird thing happen to me to!     like when it says loading it just keeps on loading it wont go to my char. then i have to alt ctrl delete out of the loading screen. this happens only sometimes. but it still is anoying.  i have no idea what to do.

• RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

Sounds to me like the problem was on your end not Turbine's.   Sounds to me like the odds of your parent's computer getting hacked is a far more plausible assumption.

• Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295

That would be weird. I haven't ever logged onto turbine or downloaded LOTRO on their computers. only mine.

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

You want to know how it happend? Easy enough, thats creditcard fraud, go to the police and press charges. Either Turbine or their credit company will have logged the IP involved in the payment of the CC and will release that to the courts/police. At which point it will be possible to identify the person responsible with the providers help. If he was incountry he is in trouble, if hes from out of country you need a new CC. Whoever did it has probably access to your parents CC number, you dont really want to wait what he buys next.