It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
[Mod Edit]: Due to an influx of threads that are disatisfied with STO, I consolidated a General thread for users to list their complaints. Keep in mind, trolling and flaming will not be tolerated, so please stay on topic and refrain from personal attacks.
I leveled my starfleet officer in 1 week misson would complete if you warped in and someone else was doing the mission at that time all you had to do was sitt and wait for the complete message and you got the creadit here is a list of cons
CONS ABOUT STAR TREK ONLINE
1. crafting is lame and only federation can craft klingon can not
2. klingon got the shaft so bad they could not customize the ships until last major update but the still messed that up with on 2 diffrent changes when federation has 3 diffrent changes and half of the new changes ot the same as the frist changes just they change a little bit of the looks to the bridges that or totally useless
3. exploration and diplomacy not even in the game they dont even have our real solor system in the game just earth and the moon that is all
4. For get about flying Vulcans, trill, betazed, frengi, Bajoran, Nuasicians, gorn, Acamarian, Andorian, Benzite, Betazoid, Bolian, Borg, and Hunter you can forget about flying thier ships you can not fly them at all your stuck with earth ships only
5. They even could not get the tribble right cuase you can have them as a klingon and in all the shows klingon thought of them as mortal enimies and sent special agents to exterminate all tribbles , Worf reveals that the tribbles were hunted down and exterminated by the Klingon Empire; specially trained warriors were sent to kill every tribble in existence, and an armada of Klingon vessels obliterated the tribble's home world. Klingons are unique among Star Trek's races in their extreme hatred of the creatures as "an ecological menace". The feeling was apparently mutual, because tribbles emitted a loud shrieking noise instead of their normal soothing purr in the presence of Klingons
6. You can not even fly your ship while sitting in your captians chair can not explore your own ship in detail, you have no engine room, no medical center, no mess hual, and no storage or shuttle bays
7. As chacters in the game you got Tatical, Engineer, and Science officers you have no medical they mixed that with science officer
8. Uniforms or lame only have federation uniforms and klingons uniforms you dont have vulcan uniforms or any other race uniforms in game
9. When did you ever in the movies or tv series see a 100 ship on 100 ship not very often i can only count 5 times all there pve events or 1 ship you against 10 enimies ships and in some areas they put them so close togeather you get attacked by the whole group at once
10. you can have a guild of unlimited numbers but only can have 5 players doing any raid at anytime and if the members dont come online for a while or quit you have to drop the mission so you can form a new group to complete it
11. the biggest joke is when they said it was a war against klingons and federation and this took place after the last movie but was the movie not about spock, romulans and the destruction of romulas were was the war with klingons ever in the movie Star Trek (Paramount Pictures, 2009) is the eleventh feature film based on the popular science fiction television series, Star Trek: The Original Series. The film explores the backstories of James T. Kirk and Spock, before they unite aboard the USS Enterprise to combat Nero, a Romulan from the future who threatens the United Federation of Planets.
12. the biggest scam cryptic studios or running is you got to pay us cash for new ships design federation only ships no extra klingon ships, extra chacter slots, new bridge designs, playable chacters such as federation klingon, pakleds, frengi, tellerite, retrain your chacter, thease or not free you have to buy cryptic points to buy them here is a link for proof of this scam http://www.startrekonline.com/store
13. false statements cryptic makes about the game they made
Establish contact with new races, discover resources and uncover mysteries that will influence Star Trek's future. Set in 2409, Star Trek Online exists in a timeframe beyond even the latest movies, so everything you experience will be brand new, but still based on all the fiction you love.
Using Cryptic’s Total Customization technology, every ship you command can be customized by you, from its color to its construction.
Your ship will retain a Star Trek "feel," but it will also represent your style. What’s more, anyone can create their own species in Star Trek Online, meaning you can tell your own story about how you came to be in the galaxy. Leave your mark on the Star Trek universe!
Total Customization technology is a joke it is so limited on what you can do and paint schemes that it is not worth the trouble
Star Trek Online is developed by Cryptic Studios, creators of the massively successful City of Heroes and City of Villains. It’s built on the Cryptic Engine, a core technology that means our designers can focus less on a game’s nuts and bolts and more on creating a game that captures Star Trek’s essence, guaranteeing that both longtime fans of Star Trek and people new to the universe will feel at home.
false statement city of heros and city of villians was made by NC SOFT cryptic had little to do with the game as far as building it or designing it if they did why would they bring out a game to try to match it called champions online??