Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sto wb weekend is up

2»

Comments

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Originally posted by Darth_Osor

As for Atari stock, AFAIK they haven't posted their Q1 numbers yet, so the only thing I can think of is the guy that wanted to sell a million-ish shares of something and it went out as a billion-ish shares and caused the US stock market to plummet 1000 points in 20 minutes.  /shrug

Actually, it would be their Q4 numbers; Atari's fiscal year (for their last year) ran from April 1, 2009 to March 31, 2010. So we should be seeing a Q4 financial report and perhaps a yearly financial report soon. Keep in mind that the newest financial reports (and subsequent ones) fall under the new French accounting laws covering financial reports (as referenced in Atari's Q3 and 6 month reports); that may be why they are running a bit late getting them out.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

7.97GB d/l caped at about 4Mb/s (500KB/s) from Cryptic.

Apparently the STO beta testers are not included in this free play weekend, only those that ponied up about us$50 for a retail copy (Star Trek Online retail key). My beta client was about 7.9GB so, has anything really changed, content wise??

STO CE seems to be discounted on Amazon.com from $49.99 to $49.96
    Normal STO is discounted from $29.99 to $27.99.

?What is the name of the site that has 'golden specials' where they sell current game software for $5?

• kartanakartana Member UncommonPosts: 148

I'm downloading with 20kB/s! If I can keep this up I might be able to join the next free weekend... in a few month....

• BetabooBetaboo Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by kartana

I'm downloading with 20kB/s! If I can keep this up I might be able to join the next free weekend... in a few month....

LOL at 20kb a sec on a 2.5 gig patch you will be ready by the next welcome back in 6 months

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

Can't say I am ever going back to this game. The ground combat from what I have seen is still severely lacking. The universe seems tiny. The worlds that you explore aren't even worlds but rather boxed in areas with reused bits and pieces just flung all over the place. The only time I felt the game was a bit trek was in an around the starting space station.

• kartanakartana Member UncommonPosts: 148

Originally posted by Betaboo

Originally posted by kartana

LOL at 20kb a sec on a 2.5 gig patch you will be ready by the next welcome back in 6 months

Yeah! Dunno why it is sooo slow.

EDIT: I just hit the cancel button. It's not worth it. Takes too long and the game seems to suck anyway (judging from this forum).

BTW: a welcome back weekend just few month after the release... what the... ?!

• Slasher29Slasher29 Member UncommonPosts: 194

Originally posted by Die_Scream

I tried to log in, but server was down and i got "account error" before the patching. Oh well, off to play some Civ4 then, heh.

yeah same here Scream  this is bs free weekend my ass this game and company is a joke in it self

• MeTedMeTed Member Posts: 129

Originally posted by bstiff

Originally posted by Permian

Originally posted by KitKat1

WoW.... i see why they need this WB weekend... so badly...

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/ATA?countrycode=FR

Atari's stock is in free fall ...! ... Is all this Negative Publicity hitting home !

Looking at the graph on that site Atari's stock peaked at nearly triple what it is now in late September 2009 and then declined to more or less what it is now in December 2009. Was that due to CO or something else?

I was trying to figure that out to and for the life of me cant remember them putting anything big out in the months prior to that date.

MAYbe the announcement for sto going live in feb?

Possibly but i kind of doubt it that is a large jump and most investors might be rubes but that is a large jump for just the promise of something in the future. I am going to research it a bit and see if i can find out.

They were delisted off the NASDAQ. Stocks like Atari just move on the news. Highly volatile until they get their act together.

• brezelbrezel Member Posts: 202

i tried to get a preview of the game over the sto-demo version, but the client is around 20gigabyte's and the downloadspeed is between 0 an 10kb/s! it's just lame and very unprofessional. by the way: who has coded the patcher? a 12 year old? 

Originally posted by brezel

i tried to get a preview of the game over the sto-demo version, but the client is around 20gigabyte's and the downloadspeed is between 0 an 10kb/s! it's just lame and very unprofessional. by the way: who has coded the patcher? a 12 year old? 

I'm not sure why their patcher is having so many problems this time around with CO and STO. Maybe I am misremembering, but I do not remember CoH/CoV's patcher being this bad.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

Originally posted by Dinendae

Originally posted by Darth_Osor

As for Atari stock, AFAIK they haven't posted their Q1 numbers yet, so the only thing I can think of is the guy that wanted to sell a million-ish shares of something and it went out as a billion-ish shares and caused the US stock market to plummet 1000 points in 20 minutes.  /shrug

Actually, it would be their Q4 numbers; Atari's fiscal year (for their last year) ran from April 1, 2009 to March 31, 2010. So we should be seeing a Q4 financial report and perhaps a yearly financial report soon. Keep in mind that the newest financial reports (and subsequent ones) fall under the new French accounting laws covering financial reports (as referenced in Atari's Q3 and 6 month reports); that may be why they are running a bit late getting them out.

After looking at the patterns of when Atari's yearly reports are released, we may have to wait until Sep. or Oct. to see how they did. In the meantime here is a link to Atari's latest financial report (9 month): http://corporate.atari.com/MT-3.34-en/mt-static/FCKeditor/UserFiles/File/02152010_PR_FY09_3Q_revenues_GB_final.pdf

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I feel like an ass for buying this game... I've still never used my retail key yet lol. And I bought it at launch.

Originally posted by jusomdude

I feel like an ass for buying this game... I've still never used my retail key yet lol. And I bought it at launch.

Give it another 9 months or so, and there may be enough content to justify using the key.