Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Station Access - Worth It?

DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Okay, so I'm going to be subbing to Vanguard, that much is a given, but I am currently also subbed to and playing Everquest2.

Now technically, both subscriptions together are about $30 when you get down to it, and Station Access starts at $30 and so that would take care of both Vanguard & EQ2, plus it would add on Free Realms which I log into occasionally. It also gives me some extra character slots.

The thing I guess I'm concerned about is, what happens to my current EQ2 time? Does it get tacked on somehow? I just paid EQ2 on April 25th, so its got quite a few days left on it.

I'm trying to decide what my better option here would be...

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

If you're the type that likes to collect veteran rewards, it's probably worth it.

If you bounce in and out of games regularly, it's probably worth it.

If you regularly play two or more SOE MMOs, it's definitely worth it.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Originally posted by Loktofeit

If you're the type that likes to collect veteran rewards, it's probably worth it.

Yes

Yes

and... Yes

Do you have any idea what would happen to my current EQ2 game time?

• somonekilwowsomonekilwow Member UncommonPosts: 96

I don't know about the time thing but, if you're willing to pay for two soe games, then I think there's no reason not to right?

<iframe src="http://www.wowarmory.com/character-model-embed.xml?r=Malorne&cn=Ashkin&rhtml=true"; scrolling="no" height="588" width="321" frameborder="0"></iframe>

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

As I enjoy many of SOE's games, the Station Access has been amazingly worth at times.

The major question is asking yourself just how much time you plan to devote to your second game and if that time is worth paying the price of a little less than two subscription fees.

• RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327

I believe you lose your current game time and the subscription resets. So best to do this at the end of your subscriptions (maybe cancel one and wait if VG and EQ2 account subs are staggered)

Unless this has changed, I recall a warning when you sub for the All Access stating this.

• somonekilwowsomonekilwow Member UncommonPosts: 96

Originally posted by Splinki

Yes
    Yes
    and... Yes

My guess about the time would be. A.It tacks on to the access sub, or B.It doesn't give you any extra time and it expires after the 30 days of the access pass.

<iframe src="http://www.wowarmory.com/character-model-embed.xml?r=Malorne&cn=Ashkin&rhtml=true"; scrolling="no" height="588" width="321" frameborder="0"></iframe>

• SarykSaryk Member UncommonPosts: 476

Yes

Yes

and... Yes

Your time will be added to the all access pass. Usually what they do if you have 15 days extra, they will put like 10 days to your all access pass. But as others have said, if are playing two of SOE's MMOs, it is worth it.

Edit: I have done this in the past. I own all SOE MMO games, so at one time I had it myself. But I am paying my son's EQ2 game time now, plus mine, so I don't have the all access anymore.

Another addition: if you have time left over on an account. If you are not going to play anymore, you can transfer that time to another account. I have done this also by calling SOE, they are very quick and helpful.

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Originally posted by Gkarn

Yes

Yes

and... Yes

Your time will be added to the all access pass. Usually what they do if you have 15 days extra, they will put like 10 days to your all access pass. But as others have said, if are playing two of SOE's MMOs, it is worth it.

Edit, I have done this in the past. I own all SOE MMO games, so at one time I had it myself. But I am paying my son's EQ2 game time now, plus mine, so I don't have the all access anymore.

Well, I hope thats the case. I'm waiting (impatiently... tapping my foot and trying to focus on EQ2) for SOE support to get to work and turn on Live Help so I can ask them what exactly will happen or what I can do... Hopefully it will work the way you say, because my boyfriend will kill me if I pay $30 and lose the $15 I just paid. Haha.