Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

They posted one more screenshot on their site and said there'd likely be more screenshots coming up in the future.

Unlike this site reported it sounded more like this will be going in for June instead of November. November came up as Severlin was correcting a completely different topic another player brought up.

It's definetly nice all the cool things they are doing to this game to keep it fresh, and there certainly seems like more players are around since the last update which added a new race, aetheria and a rare update.

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

Looks good. I just hope there isn't too big of a difference between the landscape textures and the other textures. Might look a little odd having super detailed landscape and some dated looking monsters and players.

Originally posted by -Jaguar-

Looks good. I just hope there isn't too big of a difference between the landscape textures and the other textures. Might look a little odd having super detailed landscape and some dated looking monsters and players.

All of the building textures are already far better then landscape. So this will put landscape a little bit ahead of buildings but there will be less difference between the two then before.

As for creatures and characters (and armor) there is already differences between those depending on if they were original pieces of newer pieces. The newest creatures all look far better then the old ones, same with newest armor.

I think if anything this brings landscape closer to everything else then it was before.

• picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256

Right now AC performes well on my netbook. I hope this won't change with the (any) graphics update. Best would be IMO to make this optional, maybe switchable via options menu.

It will be optional.

Very good news! May I ask from where do you got that from?

A dev on the official forum said you will be able to set the level of detail still.

Perfectly, thanks! image

Ya if your netbook had any issues you would probably just have to lower the detail down to low or very low and it would likely run as it always has for you.

I'm not sure exactly how much room there is in performance on the netbook as I've never tried but if you were lucky then you could run it at medium and have it look much better then it did before while still running smooth. But I guess that's a wait and see type of situation.

• roodawgroodawg Member Posts: 10

i played AC back when it first came out. it was my first MMO. I would love to come back if they made a big graphics update.

I've been playing Turbines DDO and think the graphics are amazing, so if they made AC with updated graphics like DDO, i would come back.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

So did they ever get around to adding Tumeroks and Lugians as playable races into the game like I heard?

Originally posted by Czanrei

So did they ever get around to adding Tumeroks and Lugians as playable races into the game like I heard?

The second of the new races is scheduled to be added this month, no word on what it will be yet.

• bosmer24bosmer24 Member UncommonPosts: 116

they seem to be updating the graphics a bit at a time.I however have a radeon 5770 and can't see the new ground textures for some reason.

Originally posted by bosmer24

they seem to be updating the graphics a bit at a time.I however have a radeon 5770 and can't see the new ground textures for some reason.

That would probably be...... because they haven't added the new landscape textures in yet.

If your current landscape textures are greyed out, that is a bug with ATIs newest drivers. For whatever reason they decided not to follow the standard on all types of alpha textures, so it gets confused and just greys them out. NVidia doesn't have that problem fortunatly, but NVidia has always done things right.

Uncheck landscape detail textures, which puts an overlay over the ground that is an alpha. That will stop the ground from greying out until ATI decides to follow standards or Turbine compensates for it.