Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Theme-Box?

IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443

Seem's to me it's a mix of WoW and sandbox, they havent said anything on the combat being Twitch system or what. Ill be keeping a eye out im loving all these new Sandbox's coming out.

GO INDI DEV TEAMS!!!!

Comments

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Hopefully the combat is like WoW's.  It really is the most efficeint combat system in MMO's today.  I like the skill system.  I'm hoping they design it correctly, discouraging macro'ing.  I will be disappointed if you really can be a plate wearing mage though.  There shouldn't be restrictions on what you can wear, but there should be fatigue/stamina penalties if you don't meet certain requirements.  And please, make a soft skill cap.  Allow players to go past the cap, but make it very hard to gain skill above that limit.. this should give vetereans a reward for their loyalty as well as not alienating new players and making them believe they don't have a chance to compete. 

It's something to keep an eye on.  I wish one of these companies would get the sandbox gametype right.

• PrideinPridein Member UncommonPosts: 21

Originally posted by Ikisis

Seem's to me it's a mix of WoW and sandbox, they havent said anything on the combat being Twitch system or what. Ill be keeping a eye out im loving all these new Sandbox's coming out.

GO INDI DEV TEAMS!!!!

What about the game reminds you of WoW? I'm not being critical, just curious. :o)

• JuulpowerJuulpower Member Posts: 65

Originally posted by Pridein

Originally posted by Ikisis

GO INDI DEV TEAMS!!!!

What about the game reminds you of WoW? I'm not being critical, just curious. :o)

It's a MMO, so it's WoW clone 8)

p.s

Just kidding of course :3

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

This sounds more sand box then theme, hopefully there's some theme stuff like written quests that reward XP. Or at least some sort of immersion into the story, if they could do it better then the above, then awesome! 

The only thing I'd like from WoW's combat is their animation, target and pummel is a little old. I believe you can move during combat so it's a bit more twitch but not too much. 

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• JRMAbockJRMAbock Member Posts: 6

Personally I hope the system is nothing like wow...Come on ppl its crap ok i want to attack(click) auto attack, oh I want to use this spell, boom spell used....Its so much better to be like an action rpg, mouse click attacks, sheild use. Now this system seems unfair to magic users but its reallly not. If there good then there good. I think it should be liike MO but without the stealing and party system. The stealing is rediculous and there needs to be a better way to do it. I hope that aerrevan is a better sandbox action mmo that rivals but beats MO.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• PrideinPridein Member UncommonPosts: 21

Originally posted by Cynthe

This sounds more sand box then theme, hopefully there's some theme stuff like written quests that reward XP. Or at least some sort of immersion into the story, if they could do it better then the above, then awesome! 

The only thing I'd like from WoW's combat is their animation, target and pummel is a little old. I believe you can move during combat so it's a bit more twitch but not too much. 

The quest system sounds pretty interesting. You can communicate with the NPCs through chat and they're supposed to be able to respond in a meaningful way  which should make the game very immersive. They stated there will be quests, but there won't be any exclamation points over anyone's heads or anything. You have to speak to the NPCs and discover the quests through conversation with them. Personally, I think it's a great idea. I'm looking forward to seeing how well it works out.

• gordunkgordunk Member CommonPosts: 114

There definitely needs to be a skill cap...otherwise we get DF where supposedly new players will never be able to keep up with the vets no matter what, which is stupid...

• RaythorRaythor Member Posts: 134

Originally posted by gordunk

There definitely needs to be a skill cap...otherwise we get DF where supposedly new players will never be able to keep up with the vets no matter what, which is stupid...

I hate agreeing with limitations, but... I agree