Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which current MMOFPS is the best out of all?

MystixalMystixal Member UncommonPosts: 21

So guise, Which current MMOFPS do you play / like?

OzGames

Comments

• jocan2003jocan2003 Member Posts: 15

Well personaly i did love planetside, but been a long long time i havent played so what does it look like now? i dont know.

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

I'm playing Global Agenda and really happy with it. I'm not paying the sub so all I can do is the PvE missions and 12v12 PvP instances, but they are quite enjoyable. I'm sure someone else around here has played the AvA and can fill you in on it better than I.

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

I'd personally opt for Planetside on PC or MAG on the PS3 if I were to play anything under the mmofps label again.

Granted MAG ain't an mmofps, or isn't labeled as such, but it's got just as persistent a world as GA and somewhere around 2 to 12 times the people to play with during any given match.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

Planetside is the best, and a very good one.

I must add, no one expect a game that will top Planetside.  We expect if a Planetside 2 is made, or a clone, to be much smaller in style,  more like Global Agenda or Counter-Strike.  So go, play the Real Thing.   Everyone sould play Planetside, at least one.  To know how MMOFPS epicness is possible, and has ben for a lot of years. The problem is not technology. 

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

If your looking for more action based with no real story/world/crafting then I would suggest Global Agenda. If you are looking for a full flushed out MMO I would suggest Fallen Earth.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Planetside, definitely.  Not sure if the population is still there.  Really amazing battles. In 25 years of playing a lot of videogames I've never found a game that better defined the term "epic battles" than Planetside.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I would go with Global Agenda.

• pepsi1028pepsi1028 Member Posts: 471

Originally posted by Axehilt

Planetside, definitely.  Not sure if the population is still there.  Really amazing battles. In 25 years of playing a lot of videogames I've never found a game that better defined the term "epic battles" than Planetside.

3 way battles in those bases kicked ass.  One person could turn the tide if skilled, or if your squad worked good together.

†Pepsi1028†

PEPSI!!!!!
    Get out of your box already...

• jocan2003jocan2003 Member Posts: 15

3 way on a single base with all pop capped... man thats nearly 250-300 player over the same base shooting everwhere THOSE were the days..... Tanks, cloaker, MAX, softy running and gunning,s sniper finishing off weakling.... i miss these times....

In these fight you could fight on the front line and not get so many hit but moving just a little bit too far and you were getting insta-gibbed that was fun time!

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

The game is not out yet but i loved APB beta. Another month to go till release and i am very excited about it. I think i will stop playing GA once i get APB ;)

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Planetside was awesome. No other game could do those massive battles as good as Planetside. Think scifi shooters like Halo, but then with battles of sometimes 100-200 people, with all kinds of vehicles and professions.

Game is more than 6 years old already, and no follow up on with such massive scale battles in sight: almost feels like MMO development has been stagnant for years :-/

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• MystixalMystixal Member UncommonPosts: 21

I've read a review of Planetside and it really basically said it sucked, and there are no players in it anymore, 'practically dead'

Anyone got anymore recommendations guise?

OzGames

• xtoasterxtoaster Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by jocan2003

Well personaly i did love planetside, but been a long long time i havent played so what does it look like now? i dont know.

like shit, let me explain... they made the lasher shoot like the pulsar but  a little slower and weaker and has no lash damage, they buffed the MCG so that TR have the highest pop, 1 in every 3 players are hackers, there is no new content or updates, the devs don't give 2 shits about a player flying around shooting 10000 bullets in one second, hackers with full auto boltdrivers. I personally will never resub to PS again just because i don't feel like playing with all the hackers.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

There is only 1 true mmofps out there and its planetside.

Sadly its very unsupported nowadays and loads have left and its reduced to 1 server.You can still get the occasional 100 vs 100 vs 100 but its becoming rare.

SoE has all but abandoned it  now.Hacking is rampant  resulting in people quitting by the day.The 5 year + imbalance remains .And its becominga ghost town.

The game also suffered from been ahead of its time.Initally it had 50k subs but could have had way more had it been released after WoW when it was cool to pay to play.I recall how many friends came to my house who were FPS fans and saw planetside and went "wow does such a game exist" .Once they found out  it had a monthly sub they ran away from it .Now they all pay for WoWimage

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

MMOQuake2 FTW

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Originally posted by Mystixal

So guise, Which current MMOFPS do you play / like?

I am currently harvesting in Darkfall while typing here and in vent I can hear people who left Global Agenda and Planetside because they say that it did not compare to Darkfall. I know a lot of people who left to try them and came back soon after when done with those games and it did not take that long . ... I will probably try them myself but will most definitely be doing something ALT-Tab in Darkfall because that is the best MMORPG game around that I have found.

I play Guildwars on the side because you can actually get things done when playing for only 20 minutes . .. also games like Call of Duty and Oblivion are some of my favorites. If I am going to spend a couple hours or more on a game than there is a 95% chance that it will be Darkfall at the moment.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA