Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam weekend - 50 percent off all GW titles

BattleFelonBattleFelon Member UncommonPosts: 483

Just an FYI for some of you who have been thinking of getting the game - Steam has a 50 percent off weekend of all GW titles in celebration of the game's 5th anniversary. I think you can pick up the Prophecies + Factions + Nightfall version for under $20.

Comments

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

I feel very tempted to buy the whole package, actually I'm thinking of getting my Credit Card on my way back to my computer after diner.

Do you need Guild Wars with all it's expansions when Guild Wars 2 comes out?

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

Originally posted by BattleFelon

Just an FYI for some of you who have been thinking of getting the game - Steam has a 50 percent off weekend of all GW titles in celebration of the game's 5th anniversary. I think you can pick up the Prophecies + Factions + Nightfall version for under $20.

Even if steam lowers prices with 50 % its still cheaper in stores. Steam is a ripoff period!

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

Originally posted by patrikd23

Originally posted by BattleFelon

Even if steam lowers prices with 50 % its still cheaper in stores. Steam is a ripoff period!

I just bought Guild Wars Trilogy x2 off Steam and it was cheaper than any of the stores around my area.

$19.99 for all three isn't a rip off in the least. I seen it on sale somewhere for $29.99 and a few other places with the base price as $39.99.

• UsedManateeUsedManatee Member Posts: 161

Originally posted by jazz.be

I feel very tempted to buy the whole package, actually I'm thinking of getting my Credit Card on my way back to my computer after diner.

Do you need Guild Wars with all it's expansions when Guild Wars 2 comes out?

No, that would be a ridiculous requirement on their part.  Whereas there will be some method of transferring remnants of your old characters (plenty of people have spent a lot of time unlocking titles... it's very completionist-oriented if you want it to be) the game itself will stand alone.

That said, even 5 years later I still enjoy a return to GW and in my opinion the graphics have aged very well.

How dare you present him with logic! Don't you understand? He fights epic fights, in epic games, with epic toons....eats epic food and takes epic dumps! He has more e..pic..icity...ness in his little finger than you have in your whole unepic body! - ChicagoCub

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

I bought the trilogy pack off of direct2drive for 20 dollars, but I'm wishing I waited for this because for some strange reason my entire NCsoft account assoiciated with GW has been permabanned for "payment fraud" which is completely absurd as I didn't even buy anything directly from NCsoft.

I still haven't heard anything from them about it. Really ticked off. I'd warn any of you to be careful about this. Naturally, I was still charged the money to buy it, but because of NCsoft's incompetence (I say this because it's happened to many people apparently), I can't play it or any of the other games associated with that account.

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

Well, if it could make you feel a little bit better Alacres, I can't play either.

I created a trail character, gave it a name, bought the game, linked the retail key to that same account but I don't remember the character name. And apperantly you need that character name to get in the game. I wish I just created a new account.  I opened a support ticket yesterday but still no reply. Tomorow hopefully.

• Cypt1Cypt1 Member UncommonPosts: 283

Originally posted by jazz.be

Well, if it could make you feel a little bit better Alacres, I can't play either.

I created a trail character, gave it a name, bought the game, linked the retail key to that same account but I don't remember the character name. And apperantly you need that character name to get in the game. I wish I just created a new account.  I opened a support ticket yesterday but still no reply. Tomorow hopefully.

Well, if it's any consolation, I did the same thing not realizing that I would be required to remember my trial character's name until it was too late.

Fortunately, I heard back from a customer service agent relatively quickly (about 12 hours later) after filing an e-mail support ticket, and they provided me with the character name after I provided the information required to demonstrate that I owned the account. (I know you'll need your Guild Wars serial number. It seems a bit ridiculous, subjectively speaking, but you should be all right as long as you have all of your account information, including your serial number.