Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide: Mysterious Countdown Teasing PlanetSide Next?

2»

Comments

• raykorraykor Member UncommonPosts: 326

This countdown gimmick will be a big dissappointment to me if it is regarding any changes to the current game—since it is beyond saving.  I sincerely hope they reveal some solid information about Planetside Next.

Unfortunately, I am almost certain that SOE would completely ruin any PlanetSide sequel with: quests, leveling, gear grinds, and instances.  And it is almost guaranteed that they would use a F2P model with micro-transactions.

• tapeworm00tapeworm00 Member Posts: 549

A sequel to Planetside? Yes please.

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

Meh. I don't know what Planetside is but that comic is totally uninspired.

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

• eLdritchZeLdritchZ Member Posts: 83

This is going to be the last chance I ever give SOE....

after all those disappointments with previous games... What they should do with Planetside is a remake.... not a sequel... just update the graphics, maybe go deeper into a few systems (outfits, territorial control, cities, etc)... I could even be happy with just a minor graphic update... I'd rather have a solid working OPEN WORLD PS2 than an instanced Unreal 3 engine game... or an extremely laggy, crashy open world high end graphics game...

<S.T.E.A.L.T.H>
    An Agency that kicks so much ass it has to be written in all capital letters... divided by dots!
    www.stealth-industries.de

• DaywolfDaywolf Member Posts: 749

Countdown to a rollback pre-nerf of BFR's and all that? Was the best game for mechs, subed for years. Oh well. Ghost town las I logged in.

M59, UO, EQ1, WWIIOL, PS, EnB, SL, SWG. MoM, EQ2, AO, SB, CoH, LOTRO, WoW, DDO+ f2p's, Demo’s & indie alpha's.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Free to play and item mall pretty well could be the rescue for this game.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Originally posted by alakram

Free to play and item mall pretty well could be the rescue for this game.

Seeing how soe has handled the game for the last several years, I doubt anything they are doing is an effort to save the game.  If anything it would be to test something for their other games, but you may be right that f2p might rescue the game [as a side effect]. 

It will be very interesting to see though. 

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115

This is likely to be exactly like Battlefield Heroes.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.