Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New character screens

2»

Comments

• LeononaLeonona Member UncommonPosts: 225

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

It also states these creautures are shown in a video that Arena net recently released..

What video would that be?

The Skritt(rat-like creature) are featured in the Phoenix skill video released last week. The Hylek(frog) and the Oakheart are featured in the second GW2 trailer released back in december.

• jdram14jdram14 Member Posts: 36

Not to burst anybody's bubble (especially my own!) but it's important to remember that these are renders. The lighting, texture maps, bump maps, and overall render quality is higher than it will be in-game. Give a computer five minutes to render a single frame and it will look great. A frame every 1/30th of a second, however... something's gotta be cut back.

Beautiful? Incredibly. But don't kid yourself too much.

All the same, even in-game these will look amazing. I compare the Oakhearts in Guild Wars to the tree creature and am shocked at the quality difference. Without a doubt, this game will be enough eye-candy to feed starving children around the world.

• MysticshamanMysticshaman Member Posts: 72

wow, just wow, i can't wait for this game..between it and ToR i will be one busy person

• SanHorSanHor Member UncommonPosts: 336

Beautiful....

Now back to waiting and hoping they don't screw up...