Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skill combos

sfallmannsfallmann Member Posts: 95

We all know that there will be skill combos where two players can combine skills for a combo effect (flaming arrows, electric arrows, etc). 

Will this dynamic also occur when fighting against other players or PvE casters?  For example:  A caster (PvE or PvP) is throwing Water Tridents at you.  You cast a Fire Wall in front of you.   Will the Water Trident fizzle out and turn to steam when it hits the Fire Wall?  Countering spells like that would be a first, as far as I know, for an MMO.

Comments

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

Yeah i hope so.

• renzolrenzol Member Posts: 29

That would be pretty cool if they did do that but i doubt they would make it so it would fizzle out, maybe take a percentage of the damage away.

• sfallmannsfallmann Member Posts: 95

The counter chance could be dependent on the skilllevel of the casters.  Even skilled casters could cancel out the effect.  If the caster casting the Water Trident has a higher skill than the Firewall caster, it would just reduce the damage unless the skill difference is great enough for it to bust through at full force.

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780

Well since water is used to put out fire i'd be more inclined to try using a wind spell to counter water.

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

i was wondering if skill combos would stack

like if an arrow passed thru static field as well as wall of fire would it give static and fire damage also