Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eve Server Patch (Exploit Fix)

phreakistphreakist Member Posts: 21

Looks like the invisibility in local exploit has been fixed. This should clear the air a bit, and relieve some tension from the forums that recently have been a little overwhelmed by rage over this 'invisibility in local' technique's abuse. If this hotfix holds up, it's good news.

The official post was short:

"A hotfix has been deployed today which has fixed an issue which allowed some players to remain invisible in local when they entered a new system. We would encourage players to submit a bug report if they notice anything unusual in the coming days.

The original thread on this subject can be found here."

Comments

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

I will be interested to see what Monkeysphere does now.

Although the best troll would be for him to go do something completely different.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• WycliffeWycliffe Member Posts: 354

I heard about this. Didn't really care tho as it doesn't affect me, my locals always empty.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

well done CCP,  knew we could depend on you to find and fix a game breaking exploiting within a month...  Now, how about showing blizzard, turbine, ncsoft, cryptic and SOE how to do that?...   lol.

edit:

looking at the dates on the first reports looks like its actually only taken less than 2 weeks.  (bare in mind that when people find exploits they keep them secret)

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

I just can't escape the feeling that allot of this involves people coming back to check their bot and finding a kill mail for monkeysphere. It would be nice to know how many honest players he was taking down. If he wasn't going after the bot's, I don't see how it could have gone on for so long.

Also, I can only begin to imagine the amount of faction loot he got out of this deal LOL!

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by qazyman

I just can't escape the feeling that allot of this involves people coming back to check their bot and finding a kill mail for monkeysphere. It would be nice to know how many honest players he was taking down. If he wasn't going after the bot's, I don't see how it could have gone on for so long.

Also, I can only begin to imagine the amount of faction loot he got out of this deal LOL!

Yeah that's basically what happened. The people complaining about him barely bothered to hide the fact that they're botters. The basis of their complaint was that he MUST be cheating because that was the only way he could have killed those bots.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

The whole affair just leaves a bad taste to be honest. Phyrric victory.