Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alganon 2.0 - No reason to want the game now :(

Comments

• bbbmmmlllbbbmmmlll Member Posts: 79

Originally posted by rznkain

...I still dunno why ppl think Guild wars is good imo and only mine Alaganon is 1000x better than guild wars...

I think you might have this backwards. Guilds Wars has sold over 5,000,000 copies and it would be generous to think that Alganon sold 5,000. The sales figures suggest Guild Wars is 1000x better. While GW isn't perfect and maybe you don't like the game, it's ignorant to claim it isn't a good game. It has a lot of great features like henchmen, heroes, meaningful instances, PvP, diverse settings, rock solid game play, players aren't isolated by servers, and no subscription fees. Guild Wars challenged the definition of what an MMO was and succeeded.  It was a very innovative game whereas Alganon is a step backwards and doesn't add anything to the MMO community except maybe a post-mortmen on how  not to design and implement an MMO.

If Alganon had anything, it was a small close knit community that had good rapport with the developers and that is completely destroyed now. I don't think it was sustainable as a successful game would have brought in more people and likely disrupted it, but I did at least tried to post recommendations on how to maintain and leverage this community for as long as possible. I still think there could have been a small niche for an MMO that catered to mature casual gamers that let them play a role in the direction of the game.

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539

Originally posted by Gabby-air

This is way I see it I am enjoying the game I will continue to play it really makes no difference to me or not what others think I won't try to convince them to change there mind.There is a trial anyone who wants to give it a go they can if it isn't for them then no one is saying you must play it.I have played most all the pay to play mmogs and alot of the free to play though I usually stay clear of them as they suck.

Whoeevr the people are hwo keep sayin guild wars give me a break that game sucks talk about linear and being forced along a path I still dunno why ppl think Guild wars is good imo and only mine Alaganon is 1000x better than guild wars,Imop it is better than Warhammer Online,and quite a few others.I like Derek from, what i have seen he is no nonsense that rubs people the wrong way he defends himself and what he is doing nothing wrong with taking pride in your work if you work a 9-5 job and someone was constantly bashing what you do or what your trying to do day in day out I am willing to bet you would finally get fed up and say something also.I don't have to agree with any dev to play there game I sure don't agree with turn Blizzard has taken lately with there 25 usd mounts and other things all the while draggin there ass on content and what lil they do make they are making me pay for along with the monthly fee,TO each there own I really think if some of you would have a open mind play the game and actually give it a good try you might be surprised you like it.

Woah i think 2.0 brought a totally new game, alganon is a sandbox now? No linear progression? no quests to follow in a certain zone? i think we may have underestimated derek after all.

Sorry for the sarcasm but really? Guild wars is ALOT more open then alganon in terms of what you want to do and has a ton more content, you cant even compare the two man.

We can agree to disagree I honestly think Guild Wars sucks and you probly think Algananon sucks,Guild wars is very linear when I can't run over that hill I see in a tiny area thats way linear when I can't jump thats another thing I hate lol.Again it is all about what you prefer.I realize I am sounding like a fanboy of this game now it is just that for time being I am really enjoying the game.

When I say linear I am not meaning quest go to point A to point be I am meaning when I am trapped in a small area of a game much like guild wars is,Having to zone in and out 50000 times to me guild wars never felt like a open world.,

Originally posted by bbbmmmlll

...I still dunno why ppl think Guild wars is good imo and only mine Alaganon is 1000x better than guild wars...

I think you might have this backwards. Guilds Wars has sold over 5,000,000 copies and it would be generous to think that Alganon sold 5,000. The sales figures suggest Guild Wars is 1000x better. While GW isn't perfect and maybe you don't like the game, it's ignorant to claim it isn't a good game. It has a lot of great features like henchmen, heroes, meaningful instances, PvP, diverse settings, rock solid game play, players aren't isolated by servers, and no subscription fees. Guild Wars challenged the definition of what an MMO was and succeeded.  It was a very innovative game whereas Alganon is a step backwards and doesn't add anything to the MMO community except maybe a post-mortmen on how  not to design and implement an MMO.

If Alganon had anything, it was a small close knit community that had good rapport with the developers and that is completely destroyed now. I don't think it was sustainable as a successful game would have brought in more people and likely disrupted it, but I did at least tried to post recommendations on how to maintain and leverage this community for as long as possible. I still think there could have been a small niche for an MMO that catered to mature casual gamers that let them play a role in the direction of the game.

Again a difference in opion you cannot go and quote numbers on how good a mmog is based on how many copies it has sold if so we would all be playing wow.I am saying and I said it more than once to me Guild Wars was a crappy game,That doesn't make it crappy it means I personally didn't like the way it played,.I think your going abit silly with your Guild Wars challenged the definition of what an MMO was It was a very innovative game. 

I am glad you liked the game in the unplayble laggy bug ridden mess it was months ago the one 90% of mmog gamers couldnt play do to lag,combat sync issues and resourcing hogging.Myself I prefer what QL and Derek has done with the game in terms of making it stable and alot more better.To each there own it sounds to me maybe you liked it better when it was more of a small group playing it and you felt you had a say so in the direction of the game sorry your not a game dev no more than I am or anyone else just because QL or Derek won't take your advice on how they run there game shouldn't be a issue or anything for you to take offense about.

• CheriseCherise Member Posts: 232

he defends himself and what he is doing nothing wrong with taking pride in your work if you work a 9-5 job and someone was constantly bashing what you do or what your trying to do day in day out I am willing to bet you would finally get fed up and say something also.

I would agree with you if that was how things occurred.   The tone was first set with the new guys introduction being a bash of the old guy.  This was followed up with snide remarks made to community members.  Several were a bit shocked at the treatment some were getting and remarked, very respectfully I might add, that the attacks on members was a bit inappropriate.  ALL of those posts were deleted.

So in addition to caustic remarks, we now have an incredible amount of post deletions, and things just spiraled downhill from there.  If you read most mmo forums, players are given a little bit of leg room to vent once in awhile.  As long as it's kept clean and free from name calling, the community managers let it run it's course for a bit.  Once everyone seems to have had their say and it's just the same people repeating themselves, the post is locked. No point in continuing.  This was how the forums were handled previously.  But now any post with any hint at questioning the powers that be is deleted and the community is told if they don't like it, then just leave.

If one continues to spit on customers and silence them, then yeah expect some to not have nice things to say in return.  But in all fairness, if you were able to see some past comments, I think there were misunderstandings on both sides and people taking things in a way that aren't intended.  I've seen comments from players that were intended positively, that he took as some sort of attack.  I think he's assumes the worst in player's intentions.  Based on his past, he's probably already in defensive mode.  And on the flip side, I've seen him post something that he probably thought was funny but players took as being insulted.  Customers are accustomed to being treated more professionally and has probably set us up to assume the worst in his posts now as well.  So there's just bad feelings all around now. 

• AzerinAzerin Member Posts: 170

This is way I see it I am enjoying the game I will continue to play it really makes no difference to me or not what others think I won't try to convince them to change there mind.There is a trial anyone who wants to give it a go they can if it isn't for them then no one is saying you must play it.I have played most all the pay to play mmogs and alot of the free to play though I usually stay clear of them as they suck.

Whoeevr the people are hwo keep sayin guild wars give me a break that game sucks talk about linear and being forced along a path I still dunno why ppl think Guild wars is good imo and only mine Alaganon is 1000x better than guild wars,Imop it is better than Warhammer Online,and quite a few others.I like Derek from, what i have seen he is no nonsense that rubs people the wrong way he defends himself and what he is doing nothing wrong with taking pride in your work if you work a 9-5 job and someone was constantly bashing what you do or what your trying to do day in day out I am willing to bet you would finally get fed up and say something also.I don't have to agree with any dev to play there game I sure don't agree with turn Blizzard has taken lately with there 25 usd mounts and other things all the while draggin there ass on content and what lil they do make they are making me pay for along with the monthly fee,TO each there own I really think if some of you would have a open mind play the game and actually give it a good try you might be surprised you like it.

Please show me where Blizzard is MAKING you pay for the RMT fluff items on top of your subscription. You want your optional cosmetic items, you pay for them, just like in Alganon. The keyword here is optional.

• IseskiIseski Member UncommonPosts: 10

I still dunno why ppl think Guild wars is good imo and only mine Alaganon is 1000x better than guild wars,Imop it is better than Warhammer Online,and quite a few others.

I'm not adding anything to the discussion but goddamn this made me laugh so hard I started crying.

Originally posted by Iseski

I still dunno why ppl think Guild wars is good imo and only mine Alaganon is 1000x better than guild wars,Imop it is better than Warhammer Online,and quite a few others.

I'm not adding anything to the discussion but goddamn this made me laugh so hard I started crying.

Yea funny how someone can prefer one game over another one hahahaha,.I also don't like Champions Online,Star Trek Online,Final Fantasy Online and quite a few others,.Does it really bother you that much that some of us actually prefer Alganon over them? I am sure I am not the only one who hates Guild Wars,

Originally posted by Azerin

Please show me where Blizzard is MAKING you pay for the RMT fluff items on top of your subscription. You want your optional cosmetic items, you pay for them, just like in Alganon. The keyword here is optional.

Read the entire reply to the msg it was meant for I am saying I don't agree with what   Blizzard  is doing.  Does it stop me from playing it or having a sub there? Nope it don't I play what I find is fun.Same way some people will always bash on anything SOE makes period,I like SOE games also.Basically I am saying I don't do  like alot of kiddy mmogers and  have to swear my undying alligience to one game or agree with all they decide within the company to like the game or play it.

• IseskiIseski Member UncommonPosts: 10

Yea funny how someone can prefer one game over another one hahahaha,.I also don't like Champions Online,Star Trek Online,Final Fantasy Online and quite a few others,.Does it really bother you that much that some of us actually prefer Alganon over them? I am sure I am not the only one who hates Guild Wars,

People prefering one game over another is natural but that's not what you said.  You said "Alaganon is 1000x better than guild wars,Imop it is better than Warhammer Online,and quite a few others."

You didn't say you prefered Alganon you said it was better which I thought was funny.

Originally posted by Cherise

he defends himself and what he is doing nothing wrong with taking pride in your work if you work a 9-5 job and someone was constantly bashing what you do or what your trying to do day in day out I am willing to bet you would finally get fed up and say something also.

I would agree with you if that was how things occurred.   The tone was first set with the new guys introduction being a bash of the old guy.  This was followed up with snide remarks made to community members.  Several were a bit shocked at the treatment some were getting and remarked, very respectfully I might add, that the attacks on members was a bit inappropriate.  ALL of those posts were deleted.

So in addition to caustic remarks, we now have an incredible amount of post deletions, and things just spiraled downhill from there.  If you read most mmo forums, players are given a little bit of leg room to vent once in awhile.  As long as it's kept clean and free from name calling, the community managers let it run it's course for a bit.  Once everyone seems to have had their say and it's just the same people repeating themselves, the post is locked. No point in continuing.  This was how the forums were handled previously.  But now any post with any hint at questioning the powers that be is deleted and the community is told if they don't like it, then just leave.

If one continues to spit on customers and silence them, then yeah expect some to not have nice things to say in return.  But in all fairness, if you were able to see some past comments, I think there were misunderstandings on both sides and people taking things in a way that aren't intended.  I've seen comments from players that were intended positively, that he took as some sort of attack.  I think he's assumes the worst in player's intentions.  Based on his past, he's probably already in defensive mode.  And on the flip side, I've seen him post something that he probably thought was funny but players took as being insulted.  Customers are accustomed to being treated more professionally and has probably set us up to assume the worst in his posts now as well.  So there's just bad feelings all around now. 

Good post and you maybe are right,I dunno I just do not concern myself with it when I am playing and enjoying a game.Maybe it is my old age that has taken the fire from me lol.I remember when Asherons Call 1 had a big exploit in the game where ppl were buying scarabs then reselling them at another vendor for crazy amounts,.MS/Turbine let ppl get away with it and didn't even take the money away from them that i was quite angry about but still I didn't quit over it.I can see why some ppl may have got offended and quit the game and why some will never try it and always hate it.

Originally posted by Iseski

People prefering one game over another is natural but that's not what you said.  You said "Alaganon is 1000x better than guild wars,Imop it is better than Warhammer Online,and quite a few others."

You didn't say you prefered Alganon you said it was better which I thought was funny.

Yes imo means in my opion I to me Alganon is 1000x better than guild wars same as someone may hate Final Fantasy online and feel wow is 10000x better,.Sorry if I made it sound like it was fact

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712

Originally posted by zeowyrm

Originally posted by Wraithone

Better F2P: Guild Wars, Allods, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Runes of Magic, Perfect World

All of these held my interest longer than Alganon. I think they all look better and play better.  Allods, to me, was a big surprise. I expected little and was really impressed with the game. PW is probably the weakest of the bunch.

Guild Wars isn't technically F2P since you pay for the client and expansions. It is subscription free.  Dungeons and Dragons started out as a P2P, but seems to have made the transition to a hybrid business model.  Allods, RoM and PW are all F2P.

True, but Guild Wars is currently (on Steam) the same price as Alganon. :)

and whats more is thats the whole package your not getting one game but 4 or was that a package deal not sure but found it to be hell of alot cheaper then alganon and its not in beta or anything such nonsense its stable and has a big following

hell im glad i went against my instinct to stay away because i thoroughly enjoy guild wars and even though i may get bored with it i know i can always pick it back up again as long as i have a comp and internet and its rather tiny of an installer makes it just the right size for just about any system

Originally posted by joker007mo

Better F2P: Guild Wars, Allods, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Runes of Magic, Perfect World

All of these held my interest longer than Alganon. I think they all look better and play better.  Allods, to me, was a big surprise. I expected little and was really impressed with the game. PW is probably the weakest of the bunch.

Guild Wars isn't technically F2P since you pay for the client and expansions. It is subscription free.  Dungeons and Dragons started out as a P2P, but seems to have made the transition to a hybrid business model.  Allods, RoM and PW are all F2P.

and whats more is thats the whole package your not getting one game but 4 or was that a package deal not sure but found it to be hell of alot cheaper then alganon and its not in beta or anything such nonsense its stable and has a big following

hell im glad i went against my instinct to stay away because i thoroughly enjoy guild wars and even though i may get bored with it i know i can always pick it back up again as long as i have a comp and internet and its rather tiny of an installer makes it just the right size for just about any system

Nothing wrong with that I bought Alganon when it came out well a few weeks after when it was sell on direct2drive for 20 bucks I canceled it on the same night and was madder than hell that i purchased it.I kinda kept my eye on it because it did interest me and I would go into it from time to time to see if it had improved and it has,I had already bought the game so like you it wasn't costing me anything to keep up with it and try it again once I thought it might actually be stable enough to play.I feel now after all those months have past that I finally got the game I paid 20 bucks for to begin with.,

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712

Originally posted by joker007mo

Nothing wrong with that I bought Alganon when it came out well a few weeks after when it was sell on direct2drive for 20 bucks I canceled it on the same night and was madder than hell that i purchased it.I kinda kept my eye on it because it did interest me and I would go into it from time to time to see if it had improved and it has,I had already bought the game so like you it wasn't costing me anything to keep up with it and try it again once I thought it might actually be stable enough to play.I feel now after all those months have past that I finally got the game I paid 20 bucks for to begin with.,

which is really what makes it so painful you cant really be sure that a game will be what you want from it so it makes it rough to want to spend money on it alganon really lost mean when it sent out the nifty emails asking me to preorder a game that wasnt even in a beta stage yet

and not at $20 but at $45-$50 something like that but that immediatly raised a red flag for me

Yea I would have been livid if I had paid 50 for it in the shape it was I was madder than hell that I had even paid 20.David  Allen shoved the game out in that state then to top it off he wasn't even fixing the combat sync/lag issues he was promising new content in a game that was such a mess 90% of mmogers couldn't run it well enough to play it.I comg mend Derek for stepping into a mess and saying first things first we are fixing whats wrong right now then will focus on moving after that.Which exactly what he has done regardless if ppl like his forum posts or agree with what he says he has dome exactly what he said he would do when he took over which was fix the big issues.Should he have dragged out David Allen and tell ppl about it? Hard choice I can certainly see why he did he was trying to explain to people ina honest manner that had paid for the game why it was in the mess it was and try to let the mmog community why it was that way and how it would improve in hopes people would give it another chance when it was fixed.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Yea I would have been livid if I had paid 50 for it in the shape it was I was madder than hell that I had even paid 20.David  Allen shoved the game out in that state then to top it off he wasn't even fixing the combat sync/lag issues he was promising new content in a game that was such a mess 90% of mmogers couldn't run it well enough to play it.I comg mend Derek for stepping into a mess and saying first things first we are fixing whats wrong right now then will focus on moving after that.Which exactly what he has done regardless if ppl like his forum posts or agree with what he says he has dome exactly what he said he would do when he took over which was fix the big issues.Should he have dragged out David Allen and tell ppl about it? Hard choice I can certainly see why he did he was trying to explain to people ina honest manner that had paid for the game why it was in the mess it was and try to let the mmog community why it was that way and how it would improve in hopes people would give it another chance when it was fixed.

<Dazed>

Wall of Text crits you for 10K...You die! ^^ 

Having played the game up to max level(level 50 soldier) I can certainly agree that it had some "issues", but it was far from unplayable(at least for me).  With the exception of the mobs not dealing with different height levels well(the city of ramps was a serious PITA), the rest tended to be more annoying than anything game breaking. 

Over all, if it had been released 5 years ago, it would have been pretty much standard for that section of the industry. The problem is that it wasn't.  Its 2010, not 2005.  It could still have been a fun niche game(especially considering the community), but now, I really don't see it having much future.  The time, talent and money it would take are well beyond what I suspect the investors have available to them at this point. 

Honestly, I suspect Dave Allen did the best that he could, with the talent and time he had. He appears to be a man of great vision, but he seems very limited in the personnel skills area.  Perhaps if he had someone else (with the proper skills) to handle that, and deal with the technical side, matters might have been better.  But thats water under the bridge at this point.

But the fact remains that Mr Smart did a great dis service to the games investors by handling the community(one of the games most valuable assets) in the heavy, ham handed fashion that he did.  Any attempts to rewrite history, or gloss over that reality, does a dis service to the truth.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."

Having played the game up to max level(level 50 soldier) I can certainly agree that it had some "issues", but it was far from unplayable(at least for me).  With the exception of the mobs not dealing with different height levels well(the city of ramps was a serious PITA), the rest tended to be more annoying than anything game breaking. 

Over all, if it had been released 5 years ago, it would have been pretty much standard for that section of the industry. The problem is that it wasn't.  Its 2010, not 2005.  It could still have been a fun niche game(especially considering the community), but now, I really don't see it having much future.  The time, talent and money it would take are well beyond what I suspect the investors have available to them at this point. 

Honestly, I suspect Dave Allen did the best that he could, with the talent and time he had. He appears to be a man of great vision, but he seems very limited in the personnel skills area.  Perhaps if he had someone else (with the proper skills) to handle that, and deal with the technical side, matters might have been better.  But thats water under the bridge at this point.

But the fact remains that Mr Smart did a great dis service to the games investors by handling the community(one of the games most valuable assets) in the heavy, ham handed fashion that he did.  Any attempts to rewrite history, or gloss over that reality, does a dis service to the truth.

hehe ya i made a wall,and all i can say is yes you were the exception to the lag,then combine that with the ice skating mobs the 4-5 combat delay yea it was unplayable for most of us.

Far as david allen goes this wasn't the first time he got shoved out of a mmog for not getting done what he promised or was supposed to Horizon's was the other.I agree he has alot of great idea's that never seemed to in the times he has tried get done.

I dunno what happened the community could not have been any bigger than what it has now I checked in quite a few times since november into the game and I notice more ppl in game now than I did at any other time in the past.Remains to be seen if the game will survive or not But I have seen games in alot worse shape manage to make it Anarchy-Online release being one of them they did similar toa community shuting down the forums pretty much and banned tons and tons of ppl when they voiced there displeasure or disagreement.Horizons is another game that has been through alot of changes but still is alive I cannot imagine it having alot of players.

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

hehe ya i made a wall,and all i can say is yes you were the exception to the lag,then combine that with the ice skating mobs the 4-5 combat delay yea it was unplayable for most of us.

Far as david allen goes this wasn't the first time he got shoved out of a mmog for not getting done what he promised or was supposed to Horizon's was the other.I agree he has alot of great idea's that never seemed to in the times he has tried get done.

I dunno what happened the community could not have been any bigger than what it has now I checked in quite a few times since november into the game and I notice more ppl in game now than I did at any other time in the past.Remains to be seen if the game will survive or not But I have seen games in alot worse shape manage to make it Anarchy-Online release being one of them they did similar toa community shuting down the forums pretty much and banned tons and tons of ppl when they voiced there displeasure or disagreement.Horizons is another game that has been through alot of changes but still is alive I cannot imagine it having alot of players.

He's not the sole exception for a lag free experience.  I experienced very little to no lag while playing.  Bugs, those I experienced aplenty.  Funny thing, it seems a lot of those bugs are still in game even now.  I say seems because I have no interest in sullying up my hard drive with the game while Derek is pulling his SS act on the forums.  And no, its not the first time David Allen has been ousted from a game.  Nor is it the first time that Derek Smart has alienated people, started flame wars, and insulted anyone that even came close to mentioning his name in a bad light.  Fact is, between the 2 of them, this game was doomed from the word go.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

I thought I would head off and give this game a look, fully aware of Mr Smarts shenanigans but ready to ignore them and take a look at the game for what it is. I decided to check the forums to see the latest feedback, a lengthy post detailing some flaws and some suggested changes ended with the OP stating she/he would be back later after some fixes and wished the team well, the very first reply was Mr Smart, his insightful response - 'ktnxbye'

As much as some people can ignore behaviour like that there are those of us who feel the community is vital to our MMO experience, with Mr Smart at the helm there is no hope for the community of Algenon.

I left the site with a bitter taste, I'll head back when that taste is gone and give the trial a go, I'm not expecting to be faced with a brilliant MMO but as a buy to play model I wouldn't expect anything spectacular, Anet seem to be the only company who can pull that one off. At £20 for the potential of hundreds of hours of game play it's a steal. Thing is I just don't want to give money to encourage arrogant, ill mannered people who really should know better, no matter how small the amount.

I hope Mr Smarts superiors read forums like these and listen when people say community is important in an MMO, they need to be encouraged not stunted, patronised and scared away.

Originally posted by Gabby-air

Originally posted by Azerin

One major problem is they have barely done any marketing recently, especially after this major overhaul and "re-release". Other than those who frequent MMO genre oriented sites and Alganon's website, your average MMO-er has probably never even heard of this game. Any thoughts?

Derek or i think david allen when he was still there said there would be a lot of advertising this time around but guess it never happened because of obvious reasons. IMO advertising isn't going to help them, remember open beta? servers were deserted rright after the first day because people literally logged on played 5 mins and knew it was a "wow clone" and logged off, no exaggeration at all. They really need to just go fully f2p, thats really the only way the game i going to survive from what i've seen.

Actually if you had read on down through the post you would see Derek posted again and said was just a attempt at some dry humor the orignal poster seemed to understand that and not take offense to it.Though I can see what your saying but on the net alot of times words have a habit of being typed out wrong and some people will easily take different meanings in it.

• ElmarollyElmarolly Member Posts: 60

Actually he did take offence, I will post what I can of the reply before it was deleted.

My one line comment had nothing to do with anything other than an attempt at dry humor (life's too short).

Someone posts a lengthy missive. Most of which was unfounded. Then says he's going to leave (but keeps posting nonetheless - shocker), wait for 3.0 etc.

And you wanted us to say what? "Please don't go". Seriously?

I stand by what I originally posted.

Also, anyone who doesn't read the forum rules and starts flamewars here will not only get their posts/threads deleted but they run the risk of being banned outright.

ps: I didn't lock this thread. Someone else did.

Taken from HERE.

Since you posted this drivel on a thread that was ALREADY locked and you knew there was no way for me to defend myself there, you left me no choice but to start this thread.

So lets take this one step at a time...

Derek N. Smart, on 29 April 2010 - 08:49 PM, said:

My one line comment had nothing to do with anything other than an attempt at dry humor (life's too short).

So what your saying is, it's ok for YOU to break all the rules and ATTACK someone and TROLL and start FLAME WARS on these forums? Ok, whatever. I don't really think that anyone who read your one line comment, sat back and said to themselves, "Wow, that was funny". It was exactly what YOU meant it to be, and we all know it. It is to late for you to try and back track now.

Someone posts a lengthy missive. Most of which was unfounded. Then says he's going to leave (but keeps posting nonetheless - shocker), wait for 3.0 etc.

Lengthy missive, are you for real? Did you even read YOUR OWN BLOG? ROFL And every word I wrote is true and accurate. I am not posting anything that is false and if I spent a lot more time in the game I am sure I would have had a much longer list. EVERY single thing I posted can be REPRODUCED RIGHT NOW! The only thing UNFOUNDED is your attack against me with this post. Then please show/copy/paste where I EVER stated I was leaving? Again more LIES from Derek N. Smart. I said...

Valiant said:

Hopefully everything will get fixed and the game will grow. I guess I will wait for Alganon 3.0 and in the meantime I will drop in every now and again, when I can be more patient/tolerant. I wish the QOL DEVs the best always.

Clearly I stated I would drop in every now and again! YOU want me to leave because YOU are afraid of ME because I am not scared to speak the truth. I live my life every day, basically just like my signature. Something you know nothing about. You post LIES about me on an already LOCKED thread!

And you wanted us to say what? "Please don't go". Seriously?

No... what I wanted was what YOU promised US... a WORKING GAME!

I stand by what I originally posted.

As do I. I did/said nothing wrong. And at least I did not attack anyone, unlike you.

Also, anyone who doesn't read the forum rules and starts flamewars here will not only get their posts/threads deleted but they run the risk of being banned outright.

ps: I didn't lock this thread. Someone else did.

My OP did not start any flame war, nor did any of my posts. Now if you were to look to your own, thats a different story, for you have broken the most rules to date! When will YOUR WRONG DOING be accountable??!! If I am to be banned for defending myself because YOU posted LIES about me on a thread that was ALREADY LOCKED, then everyone should see that there are really NO rules at all.

You can't treat people this way and think that everyone will just take your crap tight lipped. Sorry but you picked on the wrong guy this time.

Val

Valiant is one of the amazing community members that have done nothing but been there for the game and the players.  It was rude and uncalled for the response from Smrt. There were alot of other users that felt the same but guess what...... the posts were deleted. Surprised?

Take care,

• HakiemHakiem Member Posts: 35

Yep Val is one of the original community members that drew me to the game and actually got me able to play it.

So D.S.'s comments and atitude just show how much it's really gone downhill since Oct 2009.  I just asked in his forums if those refunds for the subs are actually going to go out this week.  I have my doubts and I see he's on his forums now and I'm waiting for him to perhaps answer or even delete my Topic, it could happen.

The population of the game is still as dismal as it was in Feb - March and April before the relaunch, 2.0, or whatever they may call it.  So only hope someone bought a lot of those fluff items in the Tribute Market.  After all real cha-ching is what it's all about.  Still less then 100 players at various times during the day across 2 races and 3 servers. 

Yep going to be turning a profit there almost any day now.

Just Me,

Tim

If rainbows only come out in the rain then I would like it to rain at least once a day.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by Hakiem

Yep Val is one of the original community members that drew me to the game and actually got me able to play it.

So D.S.'s comments and atitude just show how much it's really gone downhill since Oct 2009.  I just asked in his forums if those refunds for the subs are actually going to go out this week.  I have my doubts and I see he's on his forums now and I'm waiting for him to perhaps answer or even delete my Topic, it could happen.

The population of the game is still as dismal as it was in Feb - March and April before the relaunch, 2.0, or whatever they may call it.  So only hope someone bought a lot of those fluff items in the Tribute Market.  After all real cha-ching is what it's all about.  Still less then 100 players at various times during the day across 2 races and 3 servers. 

Yep going to be turning a profit there almost any day now.

Just Me,

Tim

Thats pretty much par for the course, when dealing with Mr Smart. He is in SERIOUS violation of the TOS himself, but since he is Dear Leader, that doesn't apply to him.  He came into a great community(one of Alganons most valuable assets) and within only a few days managed to destroy it.  But a constant stream of threats, insults and other antics tends to do that.

Alganon needs a mature, experienced leader, who understands that players are customers. Certainly one can't please everyone, but his antics have been not only counter productive, but unprofessional and unwarranted.  Alganon was never going to be more than a small niche game(at best), but his antics have thrown even that away. Its too damn bad, as the community made the game fun, and with some time and talent it could have found a niche and actually have been profitable for the investors. At this point, the best they can hope for is a tax write off.  Unless the major investors(backers of Mr Smart) have some other agenda?

Before I forget again, Tim, did you receive a refund on the money you paid upfront?

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."

Being pretty new to the game I do not know alot of the older members of the community Valiant has apprently been very good with helping people in the past the only issue I really seen with his 2.0 post was this.Not in ONE sentance in his entire post or word of it did he say anything positive.2.0 has issues no doubt about it.Most mmogs even WoW has after patch issues.How about first mentioning a few things that have improved then list out some things that still needed fixing why make the entire 2.0 post nothing but negative?

The dev team imo atleast deserved a lil kudos for alot of things they did fix and work they had done they do not have a staff of a huge mmog company,Other people have posted some negatives in along with the positives and derek hasn't banned them nor has he replied in a flame.Point is these guys the devs not saying derek only spent alot of months working on this and one of the very first posts about 2.0 is Valiantwith nothing but negatives looks like at the least he would have given a lil kudos for a few things they did do right since he has been such a long term member of the community and game I imagine thats abit disheartening when you work on something for months and all you here about is the stuff that still needs fixed and nothing good.

• huntardhuntard Member Posts: 133

I tried this game, my only problem are their classes, they seem boring and have no neat or exciting looking abilities/spell effects at all :(

Not to mention once you start getting into the 30's you REALLY notice a huge grind due to lack of quests/content :(

I hope they continue to work on the game as i do like their study system.