Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Male Miqo'te & Female Roegadyn?

Comments

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Originally posted by Laughing-man

So you are saying that you believe the only reason they are not adding in male cats is that they are trying to stay on a budget? Why have red Galka and blue elves? The way they describe the character maker as being extremely detailed just furthers my point that they have spent a lot of time and effort to make very detailed races. There is probably another reason other than money as to why they have not added in the two missing combos if they spent this much time and effort on character development and generation.

Pretty much. They have resources to make red galka and blue elves, but not enough to make new races (or male miqo'te). 

This frankly tells us that they haven't put that much resources to character customization. If that's a good thing or not, we are all entitled to our opinion. 

But really.. when you have hundred features in which you have spent "so much time and effort already", why not "finish" them all? 

Suddenly! The budget is over 9000 (millions). It's not an excuse to put more money to the feature, lol. 

You can always ask for more, of course... but the director will say "make do with what you've got". 

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".

Originally posted by EverSkelly

It's not the first time i see such practice in asian games. It's really weird to me. I remember in some asian game ( forgot the name) i wanted to be some kind of Archer class. But that class was only available to one race and that race somehow was only females. So i had to choose a female. But i'm not one. And i don't want to play one. So i uninstalled.

But of course, it's developer's right to decide what's better. Lore is lore...

I wonder which asian game does this too...

World of... something? craft? battle? war?

Originally posted by zeowyrm

You know Hyanmen, I'm gonna call you out on your ASSUMPTION that it is budget related.  Start citing some examples of this, or start making it clear that it is your opinion.

Well, either that, or the devs are incredibly stupid. 

I dunno, but one of these two options sounds a bit more logical to me. I am fairly sure that they've heard at least some of the complaints in the 8 years of FFXI about the lack of male mithra. Even so sure that it's not just an assumption that they have.

If you got any better ideas, feel free to comment though. 

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

I really don't get the arguments about whether or not to have the other genders... SE still have not said that they won't be in the game!

This alone tells me that they are leaving the option open (rather than closing it like they did using the lore in FFXI). I still think they already have them ready and are saving them for a special announcement.

Hyanmen the budget argument doesn't really add up... having the two new genders was the #1 requested feature in FFXI so you'd think, then, that if they were planning a budget to develop the next game the first thing they would budget for is adding those two new genders.

No matter how you try to argue it enough people want those two new genders that it should have been one of the priorities on their 'to do' list.

As I said though, we still don't have anything to say they won't be in the game... SE is known for making it's players sweat in anticipation for something. They've said as much with their mention of katanas and scythes both being in the game (meaning potential unannounced classes). The same goes here as they have deliberately dodged any questions referring to male mi'qote and female roegadyn and never given a direct answer denying them to be playable races. In fact the real situation is quite the opposite as they have confirmed that they have already produced the character models for them...

There is currently more evidence in favour of them being in the game than denying it.

Originally posted by Alberel

Hyanmen the budget argument doesn't really add up... having the two new genders was the #1 requested feature in FFXI so you'd think, then, that if they were planning a budget to develop the game the first thing they would budget for is adding those two new genders.

No matter how you try to argue it enough people want those two new genders that it should have been one of the priorities on their 'to do' list.

So are you implying that the people that have no idea about the budget should be listened to when making a new game, even if in reality putting the resources elsewhere would prove to be much better solution for the game?

Of course it's easy for us to list what would make the game good because we are not the ones being limited by the budget. We do not realize that when you put something in the game, you take something else out elsewhere- and most important thing of all, we don't know how much the "opposite side" would suffer if the feature we want is implemented.

Not to mention technical side which we know nothing about either. The game has been already developed so that jumping won't be necessary, but that doesn't stop fans from asking SE to add jumping, even though it would be a meaningless feature with the world already set up in a way that there's no need to jump. 

This is why developers should listen to our feedback, but not act based on it alone. They know more than we do, and in the end if they want to make a good game, the decision is up to them, not us. 

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

Originally posted by Hyanmen   They know more than we do, and in the end if they want to make a good game, the decision is up to them, not us. 

Which is why these petitions harm no one.  Let them petition, let them ask.  Stop saying "Its the budget" when in fact, you have no idea.  Unless of course, you work for SE, then by all means, tell us the facts.  I say, if they want to petition for it, let them.

• Ichigo83Ichigo83 Member Posts: 86

I bet at E5 they annousnt that male miqo'te's and female roadegyns will be playable. sense even in beta we cant even play as a miqo'te at all anyways its probly gonna be a surpise for us gamers at E5 watrch youll see i will be right most likly. so no need to repost to my comment on this just wait and see till after E3 then post a remark after that.

Originally posted by Hyanmen   They know more than we do, and in the end if they want to make a good game, the decision is up to them, not us. 

Which is why these petitions harm no one.  Let them petition, let them ask.  Stop saying "Its the budget" when in fact, you have no idea.  Unless of course, you work for SE, then by all means, tell us the facts.  I say, if they want to petition for it, let them.

But they do, and if this is what they came up with, one could come to a conclusion that this is, indeed better for the game. 

And if the races are announced at some point, that means they thought that would be better for the game. 

I'm sure they already know by now, but hey, keep 'em coming... 

Originally posted by Hyanmen

Hyanmen the budget argument doesn't really add up... having the two new genders was the #1 requested feature in FFXI so you'd think, then, that if they were planning a budget to develop the game the first thing they would budget for is adding those two new genders.

So are you implying that the people that have no idea about the budget should be listened to when making a new game, even if in reality putting the resources elsewhere would prove to be much better solution for the game?

Of course it's easy for us to list what would make the game good because we are not the ones being limited by the budget. We do not realize that when you put something in the game, you take something else out elsewhere- and most important thing of all, we don't know how much the "opposite side" would suffer if the feature we want is implemented.

Not to mention technical side which we know nothing about either. The game has been already developed so that jumping won't be necessary, but that doesn't stop fans from asking SE to add jumping, even though it would be a meaningless feature with the world already set up in a way that there's no need to jump. 

This is why developers should listen to our feedback, but not act based on it alone. They know more than we do, and in the end if they want to make a good game, the decision is up to them, not us. 

I understand your point but the problem is, like you say multiple times in your post, we don't really know anything about the budget or development process. That can be applied to your argument equally as well... you don't really know that it would be a budget issue if they don't implement them.

Also the 'if we have this we lose something else' argument doesn't fly either since what they do or don't have would have been decided before they even started development. My point was that having male mi'qote and female roegadyn would have been one of their priorities to include from the start. Having them wouldn't have lost anything else because the 'else' would not have been in the game at that point...

If we find out in a few months that they are in the game we won't suddenly lose a feature because they'd already have been budgeted for. No one knows what SE has planned. It doesn't take much to see that the odds of them being in the game are actually quite high though given how many times SE has avoided outright denying their existence and instead confirming already working on them. Whether they're in development as playable races or as NPCs though we don't know, either way it means that they would have less work to do in making them playable since they'd just have to build upon the NPC models/animations.

I understand your point but the problem is, like you say multiple times in your post, we don't really know anything about the budget or development process. That can be applied to your argument equally as well... you don't really know that it would be a budget issue if they don't implement them.

Also the 'if we have this we lose something else' argument doesn't fly either since what they do or don't have would have been decided before they even started development. My point was that having male mi'qote and female roegadyn would have been one of their priorities to include from the start. Having them wouldn't have lost anything else because the 'else' would not have been in the game at that point...

If we find out in a few months that they are in the game we won't suddenly lose a feature because they'd already have been budgeted for. No one knows what SE has planned. It doesn't take much to see that the odds of them being in the game are actually quite high though given how many times SE has avoided outright denying their existence and instead confirming already working on them. Whether they're in development as playable races or as NPCs though we don't know, either way it means that they would have less work to do in making them playable since they'd just have to build upon the NPC models/animations.

Are you really sure you believe what you just said in your second paragraph?

Even if it doesn't exist at the time, it could exist- and if you put the resources elsewhere, it never will. We would have lost whatever the feature would have been. 

If we find out that they are indeed in the game, then we have lost something- we don't know what, but we have. Be it larger amount of CS's with VA, new class, better graphics or something else- we have lost it. At the worst, that "something" would have been so important to the game that it's no longer fun now that it's not there.

We can only assume that the developers know what they're doing, and that "something" is inferior to male miqo'te. 

hya even if your right on something or not SE can always add that factor in an expansion later on hell there are over 30.000 players who wants them added in to the game and SE knows this. also as a fact SE statded they wanted our idea's to help make FFXIV a better game also more unique in its own right so it wont be a copy of FFXI.

also its alrdy comfremed that both races are already in the game as NPC's sp who not just add them in as playable chars it wouldnt even take that much time to add in the game maybe about a month or so. 

so i do not see the harm in it at all sense there alrdy in the game as NPCs and they have been in aphla from the start as npc so whats to say SE wont state at E3 that they are playable just working on augments  to the races like miqo'tes and lalafell dunes clans which are not even playable atm thats right there should give you a big clue about miqo'tes n roadegyns right there.

and if you hate them so much and dont want them in the game why do you even bother posting comments on here anyways?

also every time i have said SE would add something into the game like in FFXI i said there are adding Diablos as a vatar everyone on my server didnt beleave me but look hes in the game as one same i said for Odin and Alxeander and look there in the game also. so i have the right to beleave in my Square Enix and on my thoughts cuz more then 90% of the time i am right when i sate something SE is gonna do and i can say that becuz so far i am right on what i sate the only thing i wasnt right on was them adding bahamut as an avatar  in FFXI so i am mostly right on my comments  that i state.

i know SE very well and they always do stuff out of the blue  to make us gamers shocked so please dont make us give up our high hopes for something we really want cuz thats like telling us to go and die some wre in a ditch that noone cares about any of us at all in this world thats is harsh as it is you should beleave in SE also not doubt there skills they are the BEst Gaming Co. in the whole damn world. and thank you for your comments but they are nolonger needed  we see your point of view and we see that you have no falth in SE at all hell i bet if male miqo'tes are added that your frist char will be one most likly so stop with all the negtivty carp and join the jedis  not the dark side lol

hell were basicly in the same damn guild also in rapture even skky wants them added in the game so does shailee and if u want to know who i am i am Darkmagician Dark Magic Attack!!! lol

lol, I'm just saying if they chose to not implement them then in turn we get something else instead, which (in dev's minds) is better than male miqo'te.

I don't care either way. If they add them, then their conclusion was that it wouldn't be too resource consuming to implement. And if they don't add them, the opposite. Whatever to me, really. 

Lol thats good now help us get them in game by telling SE you want them in game you know you want to play as one hehe i can sense it hehehe and it wont hurt to say hey SE i would like you to add male miqo'tes  into FFXIV please so that i may play as one hehe. lol do it for your friend shailee and skky hehe

Are you really sure you believe what you just said in your second paragraph?

Even if it doesn't exist at the time, it could exist- and if you put the resources elsewhere, it never will. We would have lost whatever the feature would have been. 

If we find out that they are indeed in the game, then we have lost something- we don't know what, but we have. Be it larger amount of CS's with VA, new class, better graphics or something else- we have lost it. At the worst, that "something" would have been so important to the game that it's no longer fun now that it's not there.

We can only assume that the developers know what they're doing, and that "something" is inferior to male miqo'te. 

There is a difference between losing something and never having it in the first place. You can't say you lost everything you never had...

All I'm saying is that given the demand for these genders their 'value' in terms of budgeting and priority is much higher than simply two new genders... these are something the FFXI players have been begging for since the game first released. If the models models they have confirmed as in development are just for NPCs most players would see that as a taunting insult to be honest. Same happened with that male mithra in WotG. If they have put the work in to develop models for them as NPCs then the amount of work required is much less than creating an entire new race/gender from scratch.

There is a difference between losing something and never having it in the first place. You can't say you lost everything you never had...

I don't really care about semantics to be honest. Call it losing or something else, whatever. 

The point is that once you start making an MMO, you have resources and you need to decide where to put them. You can make just about anything at that point, but you have to choose. Whatever they didn't choose to include is what we lost (or <insert fitting verb here>) from the end product.

Right now we've lost a playable male miqo'te (which never existed), and in it's place there is something else, whether it be an existing feature with more polish, or a completely new feature.

If male miqo'te existed after all, there would be no completely new feature (which in that case wouldn't exist).

Why is this relevant though, I don't know. Such simple thing...

I don't really care about semantics to be honest. Call it losing or something else, whatever. 

The point is that once you start making an MMO, you have resources and you need to decide where to put them. You can make just about anything at that point, but you have to choose. Whatever they didn't choose to include is what we lost (or ) from the end product.

Right now we've lost a playable male miqo'te (which never existed), and in it's place there is something else, whether it be an existing feature with more polish, or a completely new feature.

If male miqo'te existed after all, there would be no completely new feature (which in that case wouldn't exist).

Well you can apply that to absolutely anything though.

Either way it's down to what you as a player personally think is more important, and we don't really have a clue what SE sees as more important.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

The point is that once you start making an MMO, you have resources and you need to decide where to put them. You can make just about anything at that point, but you have to choose. Whatever they didn't choose to include is what we lost (or ) from the end product.

So you are saying that everything that is not created has something that is created instead of it? So time not spent is time gained somewhere else? I do not understand.
    For example, If I don't work out today, and instead of that free time I go and sleep, I did not get an equal benefit.

So you are saying that everything that is not created has something that is created instead of it? So time not spent is time gained somewhere else? I do not understand.

Laughing, reason doesn't really work with Hyan.  He's been praising up FF 14 for months, suggesting it to almost everyone who's looking for a new game.  He is a fan of a game that he's never played and only read about/saw previews of.  Best bet is to just walk away man.

Well you can apply that to absolutely anything though.

Either way it's down to what you as a player personally think is more important, and we don't really have a clue what SE sees as more important.

We do know that SE sees something other than male miqo'te more important. We don't know what, but not like it matters. It's not like it'll change anything.

Laughing, reason doesn't really work with Hyan.  He's been praising up FF 14 for months, suggesting it to almost everyone who's looking for a new game.  He is a fan of a game that he's never played and only read about/saw previews of.  Best bet is to just walk away man.

You're acting like that actually matters?

As long as I have a point which makes sense, it doesn't matter if I am a "fan" or not. 

And seriously, if you don't want me to report you as a flamer, I expect some proof that what I'm saying makes no sense. 

Or if you have nothing constructive to add, get out.

So you are saying that everything that is not created has something that is created instead of it? So time not spent is time gained somewhere else? I do not understand. For example, If I don't work out today, and instead of that free time I go and sleep, I did not get an equal benefit.

No one is talking about equal benefit. You slept for 8 hours, instead of going to work. You traded one for the other. You can't do both (if you're not extremely skilled, or looking to get fired). 

You're acting like that actually matters?

As long as I have a point which makes sense, it doesn't matter if I am a "fan" or not. 

And seriously, if you don't want me to report you as a flamer, I expect some proof that what I'm saying makes no sense. 

Or if you have nothing constructive to add, get out.

Report away Hyan.  Ultimately, your spouting off "Facts" about FF 14 that are not facts, they are simply opinions.  Neither you or I know what the devs have planned.   Start prefacing your comments with "In my opinion" "This is what I think" or start providing your own proofs via links.  In the meantime, let them have their petition, and stop giving them grief.

Report away Hyan.  Ultimately, your spouting off "Facts" about FF 14 that are not facts, they are simply opinions.  Neither you or I know what the devs have planned.   Start prefacing your comments with "In my opinion" "This is what I think" or start providing your own proofs via links.  In the meantime, let them have their petition, and stop giving them grief.

Point it out, man. Where am I implying what I say is a fact? If you make such outrageous claims, be ready to back them up.

Guess what I do know? I know that either SE is not planning to have playable miqo'te anytime soon or has not announced it yet. Whichever it is, both work for my argument. 

Guess what else? The devs have a limited budget to work with. Yes, I can admit that is a fact, not an opinion.

The devs have a limited budget to work with. Yes, I can admit that is a fact, not an opinion.

Its Squenix.  If by limited, you mean "Millions of dollars" then yeah.  And its only a fact if you have a link to their budget estimates.

The devs have a limited budget to work with. Yes, I can admit that is a fact, not an opinion.

Its Squenix.  If by limited, you mean "Millions of dollars" then yeah.  And its only a fact if you have a link to their budget estimates.

So you imply there's a possibility that they have a limitless budget?

Really?