Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combat Interview Part One

djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Here is an interview about the combat in GW2 with the lead designer.

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/combat/part-one/

Note that it will retain the same skill system that GW has but with a few twists. There will be a 10 slot skill bar with the first 5 skills chosen for you (determined by class and weapon choice) and the second 5 skills chosen by the player.

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Just read it and wanted to make a post about this...then i saw your post..

Also noticable... you can easilly swap out 2 weapons and so changing the first 5 skills on the fly, which gives you another 5 skills. So you can actually use 15 skills in combat without needing to change out skills.

Nothing over the so beloved 2nd class, our multi classing or crossclass skills....

Or would a mage be able to weil a warriors weapon and have warrior skills?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Nothing over the so beloved 2nd class, our multi classing or crossclass skills....

I read in another couple interviews put out today that secondary professions are out. I find that disappointing but I'll wait and see how it pans out.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by arenasb

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I read in another couple interviews put out today that secondary professions are out. I find that disappointing but I'll wait and see how it pans out.

Not really, after reading some i found out its still there but i guess its a little different...

If your mage equips a warriors hammer... that would give him 5 warrior skills

Your mage would also have 5 mage skills to chose from his known skills.

Now your mage has a 2nd weapon, if he swaps that in ... for example a healers staff.... he would get 5 healing abbilites... and a char can allways swap out 2 weapons in combat easilly...

So if every weapon (and not every weapon type) has 5 different skills, then see how many posiblities we have ;)

And don't mind my bad english as it is not my native tongue

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)