Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Armor Diversity?

CinduatCinduat Member Posts: 83

I've currently got no MMOs, and school is ending soon, so I think I'll start looking for an MMO home for the summer.

Now I'll pretty much take anything in terms of PvP, PvE, raiding, sandbox, themepark and that jig. What I'm really looking for though, is ARMOR DIVERSITY.

I'm sick of it, every MMO I play in I end up getting to endgame, or what could be considered endgame, and after only a few hours, I look like everyone else. I don't want to look like the specified storm trooper for my class, I want an MMO where I can whip on a set of armor and not see fourteen guys run past me in the EXACT same set.

Take WoW for example: you have the PvP armor sets and Tier armor sets. If you're a Paladin, chances are, every Paladin you see is going to look like they're your long lost twin.

So yeah, if you know an MMO that doesn't have Stormtrooper syndrome, please do tell me the name.

And no, ARMOR DYE does not count...

Ah, I just remembered. Someone told me Aion had armor diversity, is this true?

Also, games with elite customization(Champions, CoX, STO), don't count. Sorry, it needs to be a look I do some sort of work for, rather than recieve right at character creation.

It is my opinion, that your opinion is incorrect.

Comments

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

LOTRO.

Hands down, it has the best cosmetic armor system ever.  No 2 characters look the same at endgame, even if they are wearing the same armor.  I wish more games would do what LOTRO does as far as cosmetics.  Literally every piece of armor in the game can be worn cosmetically, and some of the neatest looking armor I have found have been trash drops off mobs.

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Everquest 2 is a good place for that too, because they have appearance armor as well and basically any outfit in the game can be put into your appearance slots, including weapons. It's pretty nifty. :)

• CinduatCinduat Member Posts: 83

Not a big fan of LOTR in general, and I remember trying it a year back and not liking it.

EQII is fun, but the constant reuse of spell animations keeps me away.

It is my opinion, that your opinion is incorrect.

• starfoxx31starfoxx31 Member UncommonPosts: 67

Runescape has tons of outfits to create. Check it out, half the game is free so you have nothing to loose!

• Deviant18Deviant18 Member Posts: 8

Armor diversity hmmmmmm..... lemme think of what comes to mind...... Rohan, Requiem, and I think Rose online might aswell well thats just what I can think of for now... I'll be sure to go do some research for ya bro...