Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Play Online Registration Workaround

VGTheoryVGTheory Member Posts: 110

Wondering if anyone had a good workaround for the problems with PO registration.  I get the server busy/bad card error whenever I try to register.  I purchased the game via steam.

Any thoughts?  Tech support was....very unhelpful, suggesting among other things that I buy the x-box version and register via x-box live.

Comments

• VGTheoryVGTheory Member Posts: 110

This seems to be a monthly processing thing and their servers are down until they get their billing all processed....which means no registration until that's done.

Anyone have experience with this and know how long this will take?  I'd like to play the game I bought sometime this year >_<

• EtraEtra Member UncommonPosts: 164

Originally posted by VGTheory

This seems to be a monthly processing thing and their servers are down until they get their billing all processed....which means no registration until that's done.

Anyone have experience with this and know how long this will take?  I'd like to play the game I bought sometime this year >_<

By this statement it sounds like you've only been trying during the billing server maintenance period, correct? (You haven't been trying for the past week -- only today?) The billing server maintenance only takes about 6 hours-ish. You should be good to go by then. (As a side note, it's actually much better for you as a whole that you register after this maintenance. This is when they bill everyone.

If that's not your problem, what kind of credit card are you using? Square-Enix only accepts Visa and Mastercard due to the fact that these cards give the consumer extra security features (IE: Verified by Visa.) Make sure you have these features enabled on your card, too. (If you're using a debit card with credit card capabilities and you can't seem to get the security feature working, talk with your bank. If it's Visa or Mastercard, you WILL have these features [make sure your bank understands this -- some banks will tell you you do not have this feature, but you do!])

• B1ightB1ight Member Posts: 109

I don't know but it is not during a billing cycle.. Maintenance isnt until tomorrow.. I've contacted Square Enix support but they are worthless.  I purchased this game off Game Stop for $11 .. now I know why.. I won't be buying FFXIV because I'm not sure if this same shit will happen and i'm not waisting my money on it now.

Play Online keep[s telling me my Security Code is wrong.. its not.. I USED IT WHEN I PURCHASED THE GAME OFF GAMESTOP! contacting my bank it says its being denied because of incorrect security code.. Which means POL is sending incorrect information.. It isn't sending what I'm entering.. PERIOD but they can't seem to understand that.  Agent Gene just wants to keep blaming me.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Unless you actually get someone with common sense via the phone,your dealing with nonsense in the online support.

Square shuts down the account activity before the end of month,i can't remember the exact days but it can be as many as 3-5 days before the end of the month.They must run a shotty accounting system,so they need to make sure all accounts are in/out before the new billing period starts.Perhaps they only call in the accounting staff at the end of each month,idk exactly why they do,but in the past people could be charged for 2 months for playing 2 days,if they registered during the last few days of a month.I think that messed up system is changed now,at least i hope it has.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

doesn't matter i can't even get their pos software to accept my CC.  Even though every other website on the internet accepts it.. Oh well their loss.. Just instills the fact that the reasons I quit playing FFXI before are still valid and that FFXIV will not be worth the money spent on it.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by B1ight

doesn't matter i can't even get their pos software to accept my CC.  Even though every other website on the internet accepts it.. Oh well their loss.. Just instills the fact that the reasons I quit playing FFXI before are still valid and that FFXIV will not be worth the money spent on it.

So you've already made up your mind, good, then we don't have to listen to your outrageous attitude any longer.  I'm not sure how a billing issue is one of the reasons or has anything to do with the reason you quit the first time, it seems like you just are really angry and want to rage about it.

Guess what?

Fixing a problem is an adults way of doing things, crying about a problem is the way children handle things.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

I don't know but it is not during a billing cycle.. Maintenance isnt until tomorrow.. I've contacted Square Enix support but they are worthless.  I purchased this game off Game Stop for $11 .. now I know why.. I won't be buying FFXIV because I'm not sure if this same shit will happen and i'm not waisting my money on it now.

Play Online keep[s telling me my Security Code is wrong.. its not.. I USED IT WHEN I PURCHASED THE GAME OFF GAMESTOP! contacting my bank it says its being denied because of incorrect security code.. Which means POL is sending incorrect information.. It isn't sending what I'm entering.. PERIOD but they can't seem to understand that.  Agent Gene just wants to keep blaming me.

Sign up for a paypal account (It's free) and link your cc to it, then use that to pay for your FFXI account through PlayOnline.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Originally posted by Ramonski7

Sign up for a paypal account (It's free) and link your cc to it, then use that to pay for your FFXI account through PlayOnline.

LOL.. you act like POL has the option to pay with paypal.  you have obviously never played FFXI.

Originally posted by Laughing-man

So you've already made up your mind, good, then we don't have to listen to your outrageous attitude any longer.  I'm not sure how a billing issue is one of the reasons or has anything to do with the reason you quit the first time, it seems like you just are really angry and want to rage about it.

Guess what?

Fixing a problem is an adults way of doing things, crying about a problem is the way children handle things.

You obviously can't fucking read... I'VE TRIED FIXING IT! I CALLED POL SUPPORT 4 FUCKING TIMES!  NOW I'M RAGING AND LETTING PEOPLE KNOW THAT THEIR SOFTWARE IS FUCKING TERRIBLE AND THEY WON'T FIX THE PROBLEM!

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

LOL.. you act like POL has the option to pay with paypal.  you have obviously never played FFXI.

Sure I did Titan server, leader of the Titan Mecenary Guild (linkshell). Tyberious Elvaan monk/warrior 51/25. Played a while ago back from Nov 11 2003 to Oct 12 2004. So in that time I didn't know if they added more ways to pay for your account. Never claimed to be an all-knowing expert, just throwing out a suggestion. Have a nice day anyway sport.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Sure I did Titan server, leader of the Titan Mecenary Guild (linkshell). Tyberious Elvaan monk/warrior 51/25. Played a while ago back from Nov 11 2003 to Oct 12 2004. So in that time I didn't know if they added more ways to pay for your account. Never claimed to be an all-knowing expert, just throwing out a suggestion. Have a nice day anyway sport.

Hey Ram, I think your picture's quote really applies here!

^.^

• AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361

After the server maintence is done, which usually lasts until the 2nd, you should be able to put your CC info in. I know at the beggining of the month though, the servers get flooded, and it will give the Servers are busy error a lot. You just have to keep trying every 30 mins when it gives that, if you try to much in 30 mins it locks your card for an hour or so.

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Guess what?

You obviously can't fucking read... I'VE TRIED FIXING IT! I CALLED POL SUPPORT 4 FUCKING TIMES!  NOW I'M RAGING AND LETTING PEOPLE KNOW THAT THEIR SOFTWARE IS FUCKING TERRIBLE AND THEY WON'T FIX THE PROBLEM!

Or are you just repeatedly typing in the secure code wrong? {gasp}

Stll haven't gotten in yet, but that's because it's legitimately on maintenance now (though I do think they shut it down before I even bought the game through steam). 

For those having trouble, here's what I've done:

I usually get the USC-60257 error about a bad credit card if I submit information immediatly after verifying the card.  If you wait on the last page before submitting the information for about a half hour after verifying, and then submit you will get an error USC 5002, which is just a server busy error.  Ideally once the server is down you won't have an error from the latter part and will be able to get your account.

• wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380

i can say that I have noticed their payment system will only allow "some" credit cards not all.  ex:  i have a reloadable debit card that I use for my subs, it will not recognize that although my other ten games will.  It also will not recognize my "bad credit" credit card.  It will however take my bank debit card. 

seems to me their just picky, but I dunno in a wierd kinda way I GUESS i get that..... meaning i get they are a business and they want their payments to clear, but still ...

Same error here.. still can't get through and maintenance is OVER according to POL website.. what a terrible billing system.  It is no wonder FFXI gets no new customers.  Same error UCS-60257 using a Bank Master Card Debit Card.

Same error here.. still can't get through and maintenance is OVER according to POL website.. what a terrible billing system.  It is no wonder FFXI gets no new customers.  Same error UCS-60257 using a Bank Master Card Debit Card.

The problem is with your bank. Do they have small transaction protection on your account? Do you have secure payment options enabled? There's more to this than just OMGAGGLE ERROR IT'S ALL POL'S FAULT.

Originally posted by Etra

The problem is with your bank. Do they have small transaction protection on your account? Do you have secure payment options enabled? There's more to this than just OMGAGGLE ERROR IT'S ALL POL'S FAULT.

yes I have 3-D Secure enabled..... It's POL.. I bought the game for $11 off gamespot with the SAME CARD.. thats less then the monthly subscription.. IT IS POL not my bank.  The card works EVERYWHERE except for on POL.  It had 3-D Secure, it is a brand new card, 

Originally posted by Etra

yes I have 3-D Secure enabled..... It's POL.. I bought the game for $11 off gamespot with the SAME CARD.. thats less then the monthly subscription.. IT IS POL not my bank.  The card works EVERYWHERE except for on POL.  It had 3-D Secure, it is a brand new card, 

Depending on your bank you have to wait at least a half hour between verifying it and completing registration.  At least that's with mine to ensure you won't get 60257, instead you'll get 5002, server busy lol.

I'm still unable to get registered as now I get a UCS 5004 error saying their servers are busy....

I'm still unable to get registered as now I get a UCS 5004 error saying their servers are busy....

"My opinion is its your bank's fault. I had the same problem when I got my card renewed, PoL wouldn't take the card, same error msg as you got. Took me an hour or a bit more to get the facts straight from my credit union.

So forget the calls to customer service, yell at the bank."

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/finalfantasy11/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-43090055&pid=555735

There's also:

"Your debit card isn't going to have an address on it, and I guess that what you have is an ATM savings card. You can't purchase things online with a savings card. It has to be a check card attached to a checking account."

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xi-online/116996-help-payment.html

Lastly:

"I've had problems with this nonsense and here was my fix as of 3 minutes ago:

Fyreus F. Vision

123 Gundam Street

Ptolemaios, 12345

What allowed me to register the information was bolded below.

Fyreus F. Vision

123 Gundam ST

Ptolemaios, 12345

Street =/= ST to the system that SE uses for billing (input it EXACTLY as it is on your bank statement) so they won't know that and will give you a whimsy excuse. Hopefully this works for others and the ball gets rolling. I'll send an email to SE about this so that they can further help others and give their support staff something to go with.

*edit* IF you have something like:

Fyreus F. Vision

123 Gundam ST apt#1

Ptolemaios, 12345

Call your bank and get RID of that symbol ASAP since that cannot be input into the fields and may cause problems."

http://killingifrit.com/forums/topic/177265-problem-registering-payment-info/page__st__140

• jezvinjezvin Member UncommonPosts: 804

Just go to chat support say you can't update billing and have them do it for you on the account. My card isn't verified or w/e but they put it in for me and it works.

I didn't really read everything but I assume you were able to make an accout in the first place.

Their CS at least with chat support has solved every issue I've had very quickly once I got done with the queue. I believe I had a firend who couldn't cancel his account before the billing cycle because of the shut down. He went to chat support after being billed and got the money back and account cancled.

So I dunno their CS is best I've run into recently, I know it was really shitty before but they did some good work on it.

-------------------------------------------------
    Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 33.33%

EKSA
    -------------------------------------------------

I have not been able to create the account initially yet.

My card has been approved to the point that the temporary 1 dollar charge appeared and disappeared multiple times now.

At the moment I am getting just the "server unavailable" message and not the "credit card failure or server unavailable" message.

I'm just very pissed as well.  I was guessing that when buying this game I'd actually be able to...you know...play it sometime this month.

I have not been able to create the account initially yet.

My card has been approved to the point that the temporary 1 dollar charge appeared and disappeared multiple times now.

At the moment I am getting just the "server unavailable" message and not the "credit card failure or server unavailable" message.

I'm just very pissed as well.  I was guessing that when buying this game I'd actually be able to...you know...play it sometime this month.

Are you trying every 35 minutes to register and not repeatedly? If the $1 charge is appearing on your account, I would definitely talk with your bank about it. Since SE is able to access your bank info, something seems to be going wrong in between.

Either way, going _to_ your bank (don't call... trust me...) and talking with the manager (tellers rarely have experience with these issues and are just told to call a bank help hotline.) He/She should be able to sort things out ot tell you what's going on.

My bank says that there is nothing wrong with the charge, and that it is most likely on the vendor (SE's) end....

So I'm up sheet creek without a paddle,.