Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there any advantages to having a NE Rogue as opposed to a rogue of a different race?

WoOzyWoOzy Member Posts: 30

Are there any advantages to having a NE Rogue as opposed to a rogue of a different race?

I heard that Night Elf rogues have an added bonus or something to stealth because of shadowmeld... is this true?

A planner is a gentle man, with no sword or pistol, he walks along most daintily because his balls are crystal

-----------------------------------------
A planner is a gentle man, with neither sword nor pistol, he walks along most daintily because his balls are crystal

Comments

• Crono1000Crono1000 Member Posts: 128
    well ne have a better dodge chance

WoW Destromath!
    A
    Revion lvl 70 Warrior

Altar of Storms
    A
    Smeagol 60 Paladin

Aggamagen
    H
    Revion 60 Rogue

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

Shadowmeld is supposed to have an advantage to stealth, but in OB it wasn't working, and they didn't mention anything about fixing it.

But NE do have a 1% dodge bonus, and higher agility than other races(though lower stamina and strength than most).

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

• WoOzyWoOzy Member Posts: 30

hmm, yeah i know of that racial trait, but is there nothing besides that ?

I was hoping the Shadowmeld for NE's would be like in WC3 where the non-rogue ones in leather or cloth armour can stealth at night. Frankly i am dissapointed with most of the racial traits of the NE's more than other races.

It remains my favourite race, but before i decide to pick a NE rogue on retail i wanted to find out if they DO have an advantage.

A planner is a gentle man, with no sword or pistol, he walks along most daintily because his balls are crystal

-----------------------------------------
    A planner is a gentle man, with neither sword nor pistol, he walks along most daintily because his balls are crystal

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Troll Rogue for me. Racial Traits are the main reasons apposed to NE.

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive" - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• RhevinRhevin Member UncommonPosts: 611

Well, I was a Gnome ROgue and besides the racial traits, there's a huge advantage to go stealth after a battle and sit dwon and eat in a bush. Even if there's a cool down, height alone can save you. I made sure that when I logged off or had a choice to head before I retrieved a death blow I was near some shrubbery so when I ressurected I would do so in the shrubs. It may sound like a stupid idea, but it worked great.

• iddmitriiddmitri Member UncommonPosts: 671

[quote]Originally posted by jimothypetro
    [b]Shadowmeld is supposed to have an advantage to stealth, but in OB it wasn't working, and they didn't mention anything about fixing it.

But NE do have a 1% dodge bonus, and higher agility than other races(though lower stamina and strength than most).

does it really matter what race has highest basic stats like agility or strength? I always thought it doesnt make a big difference.

∙name: EViLD0G
    ∙clan: [EXE]
    ∙playing: EQ2, WoW, SIMS, AC, AC2, DAoC, FFXI, AW, RS
    ∙planning: WoW, EQ2, GW, DnL