Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Easiest to level solo in Midgard?

OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568

Hi all,

It's been so long since I've played, with so many new classes and adjustments....  What's now considered THE solo class in Midgard?

Thanks!

Comments

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

I play Midgard...I dunno what the "easiest" class to solo with is but they have instanced "task dungeons" now you can do to level 50 and that scales to whatever level , class you are.

It's really easy to level now.

This puts you in the position to play what you like rather then what's "easiest".

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

bonedancer should still be about as easy as it comes

• OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568

Thanks for the replies.  I just recall back in the day some classes were harder than others to solo.

I'm trying out a Mauler Minotaur, heh, fun!

• PedrobPedrob Member UncommonPosts: 172

Skald and Valkerye would be the easiest in my book, both do decent damage and can heal themselves, skald gets speed as well.

Dark spec SM is too, if you're leveling a bot too then a supp spec SM.

• kartanakartana Member UncommonPosts: 148

Ok how do you level up? I played when DAoC first came out and you had to grind mobs EQ style and did the /task thing.

Is it different now? Do you have quests like WoW and Lotro etc? Please tell me! :)

• CheriseCherise Member Posts: 232

Quests aren't as plentiful as the mmo's you mentioned, but with all the areas available now there's definitely a good number of quests.  The Catacombs would be a good place to start questing.  If you run out of quests and don't want to grind to the next level, you could always bounce over to Shrouded Isles or the Classic zones for even more quests.   Or you can do the aurulite dungeons in between quests to help gear up.  Yeah you don't have to do /task anymore to level. :)

• PedrobPedrob Member UncommonPosts: 172

With all the time spent running around doing quests, it's still more conenient and time ffective to grind, there's also the task dungeons, small instanced dungeons that you trigger by getting a task from the Taskmaster by the bind stone, it's usually clear the dungeon, clear certain type of mobs or kill a mini boss, these you can rinse and repeat as many times equal to your level.

The aurulite dungeon as pointed out, will give you a new (well not so new anymore heh) type of currency that you use in the catacomb capital to trade for equipment, the exp you get is not as good as task dungeons but it's decent and you work your way towards getting some equipment.

Take note that these intances upgrade the more players join your group and zone inside of it, this makes it a more of a challenge, get much better exp and it's fun :)