Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retroing it up - asking for advice

KharumKharum Member Posts: 94

I have a dilemma. I feel like playing NES, SNES and SEGA console games, but I don't know on which platform. I have a PSP, laptop, table PC, 22" & 34" LCD screens. I have following possibilities:

1. use emulator to play on PC, no need to buy anything = lame and I don't know how well emulators work

2. buy a broken PSP for parts to fix up current one or other way around, and use emulator to play games on it = PSP is not the best platform at all and I'm not too much into handheld devices

3. buy an old TV, controllers with USB connectors and use the laptop for emulation = no need for consoles, but possibility for technical problems/incompatibilities and lacks true retro feel as well, but very intriguing choice

4. same as above, but instead of buying an old TV, use the 34" = lamer choice, but more likely to work without problems

5. buy consoles and games and controllers AND an old TV for authentic gaming experience = wallet goes sadpanda

6. don't do anything, you are just trying to rebel against today's gaming industry, wearing rose tinted glasses and being high on nostalgy = I didn't own any of these consoles myself, so I don't think this is subconscious nostalgy tripping *ponders*

What do you guys think? Has anyone been in similar situation? I'm not very familiar with emulators or the consoles...

Waiting on Xsyon & betaing stuff

Comments

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

7) Buy a Wii and take advantage of their extensive virtual console collection.  Some games are a tad overpriced, but honestly, this is the only reason my Wii sees any regular use from me, got it mostly for the kids.

• AzorithAzorith Member UncommonPosts: 188

Biggest problem with downloading emulators and the games for them - viruses.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

There are lots of sites on Google were you can play Nes games in your browser without downloading anything. Don't know how safe they are as never tried them. My brother uses them all the time.

• KharumKharum Member Posts: 94

Thanks, zeowyrm. First time I hear about this virtual console thing and have to say I'm interested. I need to read-up on it and on Wii console in general.

Viruses don't concern me but thanks for the heads up.

Waiting on Xsyon & betaing stuff