Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DAoC

How is the population in DAoC.. I heard that they did alot of improvements with the servers and merges. It seems now it is by far not a ghost game anymore... Anyone have any feedback about it

Comments

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Yeah this is accurate. Just check the camelot herald to see the population at any given time on the main, clustered server Ywain. I've seen the server pop reach 2500/3000 multiple times. That was as active as it ever needed to be, and many of those players are lvl 50 end gamers. 

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

There is one cluster of 10 servers. The population is fine (depending on the server but you just teleport to a different one if the one you are on is slow) EU players are being transfered into the NA servers because Mythic finally dumped GOA so now there is more action at different times, not only peak.

• MrDeadManMrDeadMan Member Posts: 14

I have heard of server merges and so on, but I have never heard of a server cluster. What exactly does that do, allow everyone for different servers to play on the same main server?? If that is the case why not just merge into one big server???

• NibsNibs Member UncommonPosts: 287

A cluster of 10 servers gives you 10 copies of all the PvE content (dungeon too busy? Go to another server in the cluster and check there), 10 copies of all the housing zones (makes it easier to get just the 'right' location) but all the RvR action is in 1 set of frontiers.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Basically what Nibs said.

If there isn't any RvR on Ywain3 for example, you talk to a teleporter and go to Ywain1 or whatever.

It's kind of a pain when you are buying player stuff because items are scattered over 10 servers in 10 different housing zones BUT, you can always find what you need.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

No, all the pvp from all the servers is centralized. PVP/RVR zones from Ywain3 are the same zones as Ywain10. They are not seperated. 

• PedrobPedrob Member UncommonPosts: 172

Everything RvR is in 1 zone, all the players in Ywain1 go to the same RvR that the players in the other Ywain servers go to, this goes for Frontiers, DF and BGs.

The PvE zones are the ones that are all separated by server, but there's a teleporter that moves you around servers if you need to hook up with a group in another server.

• OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636

Last night we had 4200 players on the server... new record I think.