Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sick and tired of the I quit threads...

2456710

Comments

  • BetabooBetaboo Member Posts: 384

    Originally posted by Muridan

    WTF is an "OPIONION" ?

    An Onion with options?

  • gandalesgandales Member UncommonPosts: 472

    I am not sure about STO since I didn't play throughly  in beta, and I knew it wouldn't deliver what I wanted on a scifi mmo. However, I am pretty happy with CO and aside of the limited content which is growing I think the game is pretty decent and has its pluses and minuses compared to its main competitor CoH.

     

    Champions was designed as a pretty casual game, getting to cap level is about 2-4 weeks, the main reason for that is that missions are short. The kill X of something is usually 5-10 when most mmos is 10-30, most missions are outdoors and the indoor maps are smaller compared with CoH ones. Anyway, this is most to manifest that at least for me cryptic delivered something nice for me (again on CO, I have no saying on STO).   

  • ZookzZookz Member Posts: 244

    Originally posted by Isturi

    I just recently bought STO for 29.99 and I play it as a casual MMO and I love it oh by the way I see other player on STO when I play so it cant be that bad, I am just sick and tired of ppl posting I quit STO just to make STO look bad well so what that is your OPIONION if you dont like the game dont play. I find it rather relaxing and enertaining for my money

    THANK YOU STO for a very good casual game.

     

    Posting this isn't much better than an "I Quit" thread. Complaining about complainers. At least some of those complainers are constructive. 

  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

    Originally posted by Muridan

    WTF is an "OPIONION" ?

    An onion laced with opium?

  • BetabooBetaboo Member Posts: 384

    Originally posted by Rednecksith

    Originally posted by Muridan

    WTF is an "OPIONION" ?

    An onion laced with opium?

    I would like one of those please.

  • Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

    Originally posted by Isturi

    Originally posted by Xondar123

    Quite what? Quite good threads? Quite awesome threads? Quite bad game? What?

    LoL you caught my spelling error ty i did edit to par thx

    That's good, I had fun teasing you about it. ;)

  • Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

    Originally posted by Isturi

    I just recently bought STO for 29.99 and I play it as a casual MMO and I love it oh by the way I see other player on STO when I play so it cant be that bad, I am just sick and tired of ppl posting I quit STO just to make STO look bad well so what that is your OPIONION if you dont like the game dont play. I find it rather relaxing and enertaining for my money

    THANK YOU STO for a very good casual game.

    If only we could figure out why there are so many people quitting!

    It's a mystery all right.

    It's also really annoying that you are forced to read these opinions by the masses abandoning the game. Next time someone holds a gun to your head and instructs you to click on them, refuse.

    You may not be aware, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, yes...even you!

  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

    We keep getting threads like this from people who pick up STO play for a week and  decide that everyone else is wrong.Most these peoeple also tend to disappear after 3-6 weeks...I wonder why?

  • raistalin69raistalin69 Member Posts: 575

    by that time they found another game to play?

    IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

  • Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

    If STO was a good game you wouldnt have as many "I quit" threads.

    Blame the devs not the customers.

    image

    Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,959

    Originally posted by Rockgod99

    If STO was a good game you wouldnt have as many "I quit" threads.

    Blame the devs not the customers.

    Nailed it I think with this.

    I don't always read I quit threads, they all tend to rehash the same problems and STO's issues are pretty well known to most of us by now.

    But if others want to share their feelings, more power to them.  No reason to bemoan what some folks post, just don't read them.

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

    Originally posted by Isturi

    I just recently bought STO for 29.99 and I play it as a casual MMO and I love it oh by the way I see other player on STO when I play so it cant be that bad, I am just sick and tired of ppl posting I quit STO just to make STO look bad well so what that is your OPIONION if you dont like the game dont play. I find it rather relaxing and enertaining for my money

    THANK YOU STO for a very good casual game.

     In the spirit of free speech I have never bad mouthed another player for their choice in game nor style in which they play it so I don't have a problem with you expressing your enjoyment of STO.  On that same hand you may want to think about showing those turned off by their experience with STO the same courtesy.  Every game has it's fair share of critics but the sheer number of people with a need to express their opinion on the game is a testament to how many others don't like it so no need to shoot the messenger.  You enjoy the game and insinuate you see a healthy population in game so why would anything anyone say effect you?

    but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

  • bstiffbstiff Member Posts: 359

    Originally posted by Xondar123

    Originally posted by Remains

    Cant see how it would be so bad..? If you like the game and dont feel that theres any shortage of people, then why does it matter? You shouldnt spend much time on the forums under those circumstances, right?

    And wasnt "I quit threads" forbidden on the forums, or have the moderators gotten sloppy lately?

    The mods have gotten sloppy, there are "I quite" threads that have lasted for 18 pages before they finally get clanged shut.

    In general, I agree that people shouldn't post "I quite" threads, they should be more intelligent about it. Many of these threads are quite decent because the posters state exactly why they are quitting and why they feel that game is bad. If they posted those things without ever making reference to quitting or leaving then maybe Cryptic might read these threads and they might finally "get it."

     to be honest, that thread was mostly 18 pages of lifetime subs flaming the OP, once it stopped being amusing to him the mod closed it not without a few parting shots of his own.

  • bstiffbstiff Member Posts: 359

    I don't know what it is about people who get so enraged about the words " I quit", "Im leaving" or "sto is not very good... goodbye"  If people get that upset with those words they should have been here about two weeks after launch.  Seriously just don't read the thread. If just seeing those words upsets you then you've got other problems.  Sure the "cryptic sux, STO is ....." post are pretty useless but the mods have pretty much stamped those out. If I see a "sto is the most awesome game ever!" thread, I may roll my eyes a little and pass it by. If someone enjoys the game fine but they have to realize there may be other that don't for multiple reasons.  I've seen several posts that were made by people quitting that made several valid points without resorting to obscenities or name calling. They don't stay open for very long however as there is a group of self appointed deputy mods over there that descend on any upsetting post like a flock of valkyries and flag it for the mods. 

  • maxkill42maxkill42 Member UncommonPosts: 94

    Sick and tired of the fanboi threads.....

  • ScribbleLay1ScribbleLay1 Member Posts: 177

    Originally posted by bstiff

    Originally posted by Xondar123


    Originally posted by Remains

    Cant see how it would be so bad..? If you like the game and dont feel that theres any shortage of people, then why does it matter? You shouldnt spend much time on the forums under those circumstances, right?

    And wasnt "I quit threads" forbidden on the forums, or have the moderators gotten sloppy lately?

    The mods have gotten sloppy, there are "I quite" threads that have lasted for 18 pages before they finally get clanged shut.

    In general, I agree that people shouldn't post "I quite" threads, they should be more intelligent about it. Many of these threads are quite decent because the posters state exactly why they are quitting and why they feel that game is bad. If they posted those things without ever making reference to quitting or leaving then maybe Cryptic might read these threads and they might finally "get it."

     to be honest, that thread was mostly 18 pages of lifetime subs flaming the OP, once it stopped being amusing to him the mod closed it not without a few parting shots of his own.

    You stole my thunder, I was going to post that same comment but would add that I spend more time and get more enjoyment from reading their forums than I get from playing the game.  The longer STO goes on the more and more their forums are becoming like the Stargate World forums, now those guys know how to flame.

  • ZenNatureZenNature Member CommonPosts: 354

    I didn't even know I had an OPIONIONoniononi..on..io...

    I better go see a doctor for that.

  • blackemperorblackemperor Member CommonPosts: 49

    Star Trek Online sucks I quit.

  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

    Originally posted by Muridan

    WTF is an "OPIONION" ?

    Opinion?? lol were is my spell cheaker when I need one.

    image

  • ZenNatureZenNature Member CommonPosts: 354

    Originally posted by Isturi

    Originally posted by Muridan

    WTF is an "OPIONION" ?

    Opinion?? lol were is my spell cheaker whne I need one.

     I didn't even know cheaks could spell...

  • Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

    There is no difference whatsoever between an I quit thread, and a I love sto thread, other than the one-sided moderation.

  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

    Originally posted by ZenNature

    Originally posted by Isturi


    Originally posted by Muridan

    WTF is an "OPIONION" ?

    Opinion?? lol were is my spell cheaker whne I need one.

     I didn't even know cheaks could spell...

    Lol heehee i was wondering how long someone would catch my intended folly.image

    image

  • ZenNatureZenNature Member CommonPosts: 354

    Originally posted by Isturi

    Originally posted by ZenNature

    Originally posted by Isturi

    Originally posted by Muridan

    WTF is an "OPIONION" ?

    Opinion?? lol were is my spell cheaker whne I need one.

     I didn't even know cheaks could spell...

    Lol heehee i was wondering how long someone would catch my intended folly.image

     Yeah, my computer is being slow. Shouldn't have taken me over two minutes to post one line lol image

  • Pcgamer81Pcgamer81 Member Posts: 186

    Yes STO had horrible launch but it's only been few months since launch. they are already adding alot content after such short period. i do agree it's short on gameplay hours but it will get better with age. how long did it take city of heroes to get deep content more then 3 months thats for sure. let the game grow and if it's still bad in early 2011 then i can understand the compliants but folks it's only been 3 months relax and see where the game goes.

  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

    Originally posted by Pcgamer81

    Yes STO had horrible launch but it's only been few months since launch. they are already adding alot content after such short period. i do agree it's short on gameplay hours but it will get better with age. how long did it take city of heroes to get deep content more then 3 months thats for sure. let the game grow and if it's still bad in early 2011 then i can understand the compliants but folks it's only been 3 months relax and see where the game goes.

    Thank you so very much Pcgamer81 At least you understand what My attentions were from the start of this post.

    image

Sign In or Register to comment.