Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of comming back

I see alot of people trying out vanguard lately and im glad to see it. I really liked Vanguard as it really felt like the successory to EQ with all the group based content and not just a focus for the raid / solo guys. I have an account with a 50 death cleric ( from back when clerics were the shit ) that i moved from the pvp server to seradon. I really miss just sitting on my boat and fishing LOL the fishing in this game is just addictive as hell. especially while out on your boat just admireing the view. Anyway just looking to see if anyone is starting up new accounts or new guilds that would be going through all the content and not just rushing to end game. There are quite a few awsome quest chains that take groups to complete. The flying mounts are fun. The guild halls the player housing. hel even the boats. all the quested mounts. My cleric already has most of this of corse but im specificaly looking for a group of people that are interested in making a new guild to do all the content. As ther is alot of it this would take quite a while.

Comments

• exestenz69exestenz69 Member Posts: 121

hell im hoping someone still plays this game. It is fun to play with a group. It seems the bad launch has destroyed this game from what it could have been. Also sonys polocy in just dragging it out isnt helping either. Meh o weill i might crank up the old account and fish for a while.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

Just re-subbed myself on Halgar but with the mindset that I'm going to treat it like a single player game, got chatting to someone and have been invited to a low level party up this evening for new and re-subbing players. So the community is there if you make yourself heard and I'm a loud mouth image, he also says that they have had 15 new recruits this month, though I don't know what to read into that.

Cal.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

well i just resubbed figured id give it another go for a bit. Afte rall i keep going back to EQ now and again. maby ill be able to hook up with a good group this time around and stay for a bit longer.

Anyone reading the forums still playing on Seradon wana hook up or any other server for that matter. start up a guild to go through the game ?/

• ZeletorZeletor Member Posts: 150

Welcome back to Vanguard. :) I recently came back myself (played for 6 months starting at launch, don't think I need to explain why I left). It's surprisingly...playable...in it's current state, and there are some active guilds--which is nice considering the low game population. I play on Xeth, so won't be able to recommend anything for your server, and I honestly don't know if anyone reads these forums here much. Anyway, hope you enjoy the game! I would use the Guild LFM tool in game (on your social window) to find an active guild that is recruiting. That's what I did, and it worked well for me.

Currently playing: LOTRO, Guild Wars 2.
    Have played: EVE Online; Champions Online; Age of Conan; City of Heroes/Villains; Star Wars Galaxies (pre-CU, pre-NGE); World of Warcraft (Vanilla to Cataclysm); Hellgate: London; Warhammer Online; Lord of the Rings Online; Vanguard: Saga of Heroes; Star Wars: The Old Republic
    Wishlist: Mass Effect Online

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011

Originally posted by exestenz69

Anyone reading the forums still playing on Seradon wana hook up or any other server for that matter. start up a guild to go through the game ?/

The Platinum Order (TPO) seems to be an active guild on Seradon.

I play on Seradon though I play at odd times for odd amounts of time.

Just rerolled my namesake so the character is only lvl 8 at the moment. I have a lvl 29 as well but I probably won't revisit it.

In any case, if I'm on and can help you can pm me. Otherwise I suggest contacing TPO or any of the other guilds around. Might want to check official forums.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I would like to come back, but my characters are on the pvp server which has little population :(

Also, whenever I re-sub to vanguard I cry because its such a good game that is underated and un-supported.

Maybe if someone where to make one of those private f2p servers I'd go for it

• SyeanneSyeanne Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Zeletor

Welcome back to Vanguard. :) I recently came back myself (played for 6 months starting at launch, don't think I need to explain why I left). It's surprisingly...playable...in it's current state, and there are some active guilds--which is nice considering the low game population. I play on Xeth, so won't be able to recommend anything for your server, and I honestly don't know if anyone reads these forums here much. Anyway, hope you enjoy the game! I would use the Guild LFM tool in game (on your social window) to find an active guild that is recruiting. That's what I did, and it worked well for me.

I myself have played on both Seradon and the Xeth server. I prefer Xeth, it seems more causual and friendly compared to the population of high end raiders on Seradon. It is good that more people are playing the poulation is a serious issue we need more peeps..So hope you stick around the more encouragement the game gets the better it will get in the long run. It just needs some TLC.

• HeltFotadHeltFotad Member Posts: 21

Ive been myself trying the trial over and over again just cause it is a very good game indeed now after i got some money ive just bought it and my fingers are itching this game is really my cup of tea so ill be seeing you all very shortly on Xeth server :)

This voices.. This voices i hear them.. And when they talk i follow i follow..