Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone else get this feeling when browsing these forums?

Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

(mod edited)

Everytime I come to the M.O forums on this site I just get a certain feeling, I find it hard to express in words so I won't,

Anyone else feel like this when browsing any thread here? It's not vapourware, it's not a con to steal gamers cash they are making a real game and you can try it for nothin, zippo ... 100% buckshee!

BTW mods this thread makes no reference to anyone either living or dead (even the dude on the Suzuki) and any such similarities that may be drawn are purely coincidental so let's just all have some fun and relax for a bit :)

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Comments

• scruffoscruffo Member Posts: 38

humm havent played it in a while, but when playing in beta it seemed to be lacking lots of key stuff that an mmo needs to be good. Then againf for all i know they may of sorted that now it was early beta.

i thought age of conan was ment to be new and exciting...

• OBK1OBK1 Member Posts: 637

When I tried MO in march the desynch issues made it compltetely unplayable. If they fix those, then it would be easier to actually say something about the game itself.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Agree 100% about the desync issues, they need to be fixed before a release also the warping of mobs needs to be addressed before launch these two are a bare minimum before launching. They're working on it and we'll see what happens but people saying it's worse than D&L were obviously never there for the settlers of Garnesh (spelling? Was a long time back) and are full of it in my opinion!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

I had a feeling that all trolls will choose last answer.

lolz

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

• BademBadem Member Posts: 830

Henrik already posted regarding the DeSync issues (hence why the game did not launch end of March and is currently 'Delayed')

My understanding is they are waiting for something to do with Speedtree 5?

Originally posted by Obidom

Henrik already posted regarding the DeSync issues (hence why the game did not launch end of March and is currently 'Delayed')

My understanding is they are waiting for something to do with Speedtree 5?

They're upgrading to a newer version of the Unreal Engine which will allow them to hopefuly use speed tree and better intergrate the code with existing engines like Atlas removing or atleast reducing desync and warping issues. At the moment they are compiling/decompiling the code as they change over.

Will it work? No one really knows yet. If it does they'll put speed tree 5.1 in and release a bunch of content they say they have but have been holding back on until the upgrade since it'd be pointless to do it until desync is dealt with.

When will MO release? I don't think even SV know that for sure. Will it launch with bugs and glitches? Yes for certain and haters are gonna hate and say whatever and fanbois are gonna foam at the mouth and say whatever ... fact.

I can see a launch maybe a bit worse than SWG, but I played that game for a year and had a great time. Yeah I'm a rabid fanbois that is planning on having a family with Henrik (I bought two copies of MO) and I'm still waiting for Tasos to pay the support for his kid but hell what am I gonna do? Play a solo theme park cartoony item shop with an in game Sat Nav and GPS?

HELL NO!

CS Lewis

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

There is no conspiracy of haters or WoW fans or whatever else silly. The same is... simply.... not..... good. It is actually quite terrible and no, "the game is in beta" excuse does not cut it. Why? Well it was supposed to be released last year, then one month ago and now noone seems to know.

These are all signs that something is terribly wrong with the game but heck, just play it, and see if it lives up to your standards. For me it certainly does not.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

There are certain facts concerning MO.

1) SV made many promises with regards to features, release date etc that they haven't been able to keep as of yet.

2)  It is pretty obvious the game has a couple of serious issues the developers are at a loss on how to fix and they appear to be thrashing (technical term, look it up) in an attempt to resolve them.

3) Some fans of the game keep insisting this is going to be the best game ever.  For them maybe, for most of the gaming world, no.

4) Some folks like to argue and disagree with other people and are usually labeled haters and trolls. (sometimes with good reason)

I don't see a conspiracy against MO, its the FOTM and as these forums have shown, its open season especially when a game makes itself so vulnerable as this one does.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Originally posted by Yamota

There is no conspiracy of haters or WoW fans or whatever else silly. The same is... simply.... not..... good. It is actually quite terrible and no, "the game is in beta" excuse does not cut it. Why? Well it was supposed to be released last year, then one month ago and now noone seems to know.

These are all signs that something is terribly wrong with the game but heck, just play it, and see if it lives up to your standards. For me it certainly does not.

He is not making the contention that there is an actual conspiracy, he's just describing the feeling some people get  when reading this forum.  There is a small core of people who have no interest in the game aside from liiking for ways to criticize it, yet seem to spend an inordinate amount of time finding ways to criticize it, regardless of the merit.  Certainly the game has flaws, but the need for new criticism leads to minutia (devs using the word "ain't", starting threads criticzing the art dev for posting in the off topic forums) and misrepresenting facts ( http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/274828/Censorship.html, http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/272841/Lets-do-a-quick-reality-check.html)

As to the game being ...simply ... not ... good, that is your opinion and there are others who clearly have expressed the opposite opinion.  Clearly some people enjoy it despite its current flaws. "The game is in beta" clearly is an argument with limitations, but it is still valid since the developers have made a conscious decision to keep it in beta based on it's current status (i.e. the recognize that it is not in a "finished" state)

P.S. @agicola:  the pic IS amusing

P.P.S. If someone wants to re-argue the minutia or misrepresentations, use those threads, let's not derail this one.

• lagerchobglagerchobg Member UncommonPosts: 203

I have read many of your post and they always make me laugh :D Great sense of humor out there! Yet again the trolling, flaming and so on will continue till the world exist that is just in our nature. Do not judge anyone for their own opinions because the forums are for that - to express your own opinion no matter what the rest of you think about it. No one aese have the right to judge an unfinished game. Hey guys it is still in development so just quit flaming it and wait for the full release. I imagine what will be the reaction of the so called trolls when the game is complete... God help us!

Originally posted by osmunda

Originally posted by Yamota

He is not making the contention that there is an actual conspiracy, he's just describing the feeling some people get  when reading this forum.  There is a small core of people who have no interest in the game aside from liiking for ways to criticize it, yet seem to spend an inordinate amount of time finding ways to criticize it, regardless of the merit.  Certainly the game has flaws, but the need for new criticism leads to minutia (devs using the word "ain't", starting threads criticzing the art dev for posting in the off topic forums) and misrepresenting facts ( http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/274828/Censorship.html, http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/272841/Lets-do-a-quick-reality-check.html)

As to the game being ...simply ... not ... good, that is your opinion and there are others who clearly have expressed the opposite opinion.  Clearly some people enjoy it despite its current flaws. "The game is in beta" clearly is an argument with limitations, but it is still valid since the developers have made a conscious decision to keep it in beta based on it's current status (i.e. the recognize that it is not in a "finished" state)

P.S. @agicola:  the pic IS amusing

P.P.S. If someone wants to re-argue the minutia or misrepresentations, use those threads, let's not derail this one.

Thanks and I must say the the excuse/argument that the game is in beta does cut it in my opinion because ... well ... it is in beta! Also I wasn't implying a conspiracy, I don't think the illuminati are plotting to destroy MO or the free masons are WoW developers so take it easy Yamato!

I think it'd be best to make an account and try it a week or two before launch (whenever that may be) if you're undecided. There is something terribly wrong with the game, many things in fact and you're meant to report them because it's a beta test!!!!!!

I agree the nit picking is just getting ridiculous, next there'll be a thread about how Henrik eats too much pizza which causes him to fart alot contributing to global warming and the volcanic ash cloud over Europe meaning we'll all be underwater by 2030 and going through an ice age because aliens had put extra cheese in his pizza and swapped the light beer for a bitter beer! Even worse they'll be charging you a subscription without asking whilst you're making your way on a raft to the Himilayas!

I say take it all easy guys, you know why? We'll all be dead before 2013 anyway and guess what Henrik had nothing to do with the Mayan calendar ... or did he???????

CS Lewis

• Don't know, but loved the pic! (and the poll...guess what I voted for?)

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Originally posted by Agricola1

I think it'd be best to make an account and try it a week or two before launch (whenever that may be) if you're undecided. There is something terribly wrong with the game, many things in fact and you're meant to report them because it's a beta test!!!!!!

As far as we know.. from the last word from the developers.. isn't the game still supposed to be releasing this month?  That would mean next week...

I'm not saying it WILL release next week... but I am saying that the last update from the develoeprs said it would be out by the end of April with an exact date TBA.    How will we know when it's 2 weeks from release if they only tell you 2 days before?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• xbellx777xbellx777 Member Posts: 716

To be completely honest i feel like there is a ton of hate on these forums, and not necessarily directed at one game.  Just the typical hatred that you find on the internet.  And the fact that no one can make a good mmo anymore if you went by what these boards said.

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

As far as we know.. from the last word from the developers.. isn't the game still supposed to be releasing this month?  That would mean next week...

I'm not saying it WILL release next week... but I am saying that the last update from the develoeprs said it would be out by the end of April with an exact date TBA.    How will we know when it's 2 weeks from release if they only tell you 2 days before?

No I belive in one of his latest posts Henrik just said it's postponed until whenever, I doubt they have an even semi solid date for a launch. SV are probably going on guesstimates and that all depends on what happens next when they test out the updated UE with the code all done.

Anyone who would take a Developers word on a release date as a fact needs a reality check in my opinion, I think most of us have learnt that by now.

CS Lewis

No I belive in one of his latest posts Henrik just said it's postponed until whenever,

Can you link me to the delay post?

Also... if we can't believe the developers on a release date how will we know when it's 2 weeks before release so we can take your suggestion to try it at that point?

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

No I belive in one of his latest posts Henrik just said it's postponed until whenever,

Can you link me to the delay post?

Also... if we can't believe the developers on a release date how will we know when it's 2 weeks before release so we can take your suggestion to try it at that point?

This,

Henrik:

"2010-03-29

Dear community,

As you know we have been working hard to solve our desync issue within the game to have a proper release of Mortal Online. We have made some progress but we think we have hit the limits on the current version of the network solution we are using. We believed we had the solution before end of March but we now see that this is not possible at the moment therefore we have to postpone the release for another month. We have been working very hard day and night now for some years and finally started to see the goal and release, we just have to put another gear in before we are going to release Mortal Online. Thank you for your feedback and support that helped us to take this important decision.

Both the community and we here at Star Vault agree that we need to have the desync issue solved before we can release Mortal Online. We have decided to upgrade our network solution with Epic Games to improve the overall network structure.

We have already started the merge a week ago which means we are converting all our current features and content into the new structure, this will take some time for us to finish before we can test the result of this with your help in the open beta. We will also fly some of our programmers to the US where Epic Games are located to work within their team to get their fully support on our game and update of the network structure in an efficient way other than distance cooperation. This will improve the speed and quality of us going into the latest build of Unreal Engine and the network solution which should eliminate most of our current issues, both in performance and network wise. While our programmers work directly on the merge and some bug fixing our artists will continue to work on the world, and bring us a few new interest points to Nave. This also means we get the latest build of Unreal Engine which gives us the opportunity to evaluate SpeedTree 5.1 and some other interesting tools.

We will announce a final release date at a later time."

Link

As for when we can be sure to test it out you're right that we can't that's why i suggest making an account now and you can try it out each time a date is announced, see if it's improved that way too and maybe help report bugs and give some feedback.

Slapshot I agree with most of what you say about SV and MO and I think many do it's just that sometimes you present it in a very aggressive manner and you do tend to come off as an obsessive with a personal grudge due to that. I mean no offense and am not implying you are obsessive nor have a personal score to settle. It's just you make your point so many times and so forcfully that I feel I'm having it rammed down my throat and just switch off when I see your name next to a post, despite the fact I probably am in agreement with you. If every now and then you'd be willing to accept the slim possibility that SV haven't totaly ****ed up and won't **** everyone over it might go a long way to having some decent discussions about it. Just a suggestion and no offense intended,

Agricola.

CS Lewis

This,

Henrik:

"2010-03-29

Dear community,

As you know we have been working hard to solve our desync issue within the game to have a proper release of Mortal Online. We have made some progress but we think we have hit the limits on the current version of the network solution we are using. We believed we had the solution before end of March but we now see that this is not possible at the moment therefore we have to postpone the release for another month. We have been working very hard day and night now for some years and finally started to see the goal and release, we just have to put another gear in before we are going to release Mortal Online. Thank you for your feedback and support that helped us to take this important decision.

Both the community and we here at Star Vault agree that we need to have the desync issue solved before we can release Mortal Online. We have decided to upgrade our network solution with Epic Games to improve the overall network structure.

We have already started the merge a week ago which means we are converting all our current features and content into the new structure, this will take some time for us to finish before we can test the result of this with your help in the open beta. We will also fly some of our programmers to the US where Epic Games are located to work within their team to get their fully support on our game and update of the network structure in an efficient way other than distance cooperation. This will improve the speed and quality of us going into the latest build of Unreal Engine and the network solution which should eliminate most of our current issues, both in performance and network wise. While our programmers work directly on the merge and some bug fixing our artists will continue to work on the world, and bring us a few new interest points to Nave. This also means we get the latest build of Unreal Engine which gives us the opportunity to evaluate SpeedTree 5.1 and some other interesting tools.

We will announce a final release date at a later time."

Link

As for when we can be sure to test it out you're right that we can't that's why i suggest making an account now and you can try it out each time a date is announced, see if it's improved that way too and maybe help report bugs and give some feedback.

Slapshot I agree with most of what you say about SV and MO and I think many do it's just that sometimes you present it in a very aggressive manner and you do tend to come off as an obsessive with a personal grudge due to that. I mean no offense and am not implying you are obsessive nor have a personal score to settle. It's just you make your point so many times and so forcfully that I feel I'm having it rammed down my throat and just switch off when I see your name next to a post, despite the fact I probably am in agreement with you. If every now and then you'd be willing to accept the slim possibility that SV haven't totaly ****ed up and won't **** everyone over it might go a long way to having some decent discussions about it. Just a suggestion and no offense intended,

Agricola.

That was when it was delayed for another month.. from last month to this one.. with a final date TBA.  Their order page was updated at the same time to show April as the release target and it hasn't been changed since.

As for the second half.. no offense taken, but I do truely feel that this company is slimey and utterly unethical and they demonstrate this at every turn.  Simply refer to the last issue we discussed.. their apparent plan to auto subscribe all pre-order people who never chose a subscription but simply pre-ordered a game 9 months ago.  I saw you took my advice and posted a question on the forums about the issue.  That thread wasn't answered, but a Developer did respond in another thread saying there would be a Press Release in a day or two to explain the situation.  That was 12 days ago.  No other updates received.  It's issues like that which prevent me from being "willing to accept the slim possibility that SV haven't totally ****ed up and won't **** everyone over".

Sorry.. but when I first had an issue with the company and they ignored my every attempt to contact them.. and the only response I got was from a forum mod who laughed at the "shady business practices" (his words) and said I should just write it off, that set the tone for my subsequent perception of everything the company does.

Well as to the release date I don't remember them setting a new one, I'm not saying they didn't just I don't remember. Even if they did I don't think you or I are going to hold our breath so it's ok to note the release date but to get all hot under the collar because they missed it seems a little silly to me.

As to the auto subscribe issue I think everyone agrees that Henrik needs to address it and that SV have dropped the ball in not doing so. I'm not going to make any predictions about what will happen and get angry about that but to say I'm not disappointed at the lack of response would be a lie.

CS Lewis

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Well as to the release date I don't remember them setting a new one, I'm not saying they didn't just I don't remember. Even if they did I don't think you or I are going to hold our breath so it's ok to note the release date but to get all hot under the collar because they missed it seems a little silly to me.

As to the auto subscribe issue I think everyone agrees that Henrik needs to address it and that SV have dropped the ball in not doing so. I'm not going to make any predictions about what will happen and get angry about that but to say I'm not disappointed at the lack of response would be a lie.

>> we have to postpone the release for another month.

It says this in the first paragraph, implying that they will release at the end of this month.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

So everyone who dislikes the "game" is a troll? Interesting.

These forums are for everyone. Not just fanbois. Maybe you need to stick to the MO official forums if you can't handle criticism. I find your lack of objectivity about as amusing as you find my criticism of this "game".

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

not at all.

there are some people that are really upset at SV with how they manage the company as well as the game, but most of those people have alreayd paid for the game back when it went for sale last year. wile they do have some good points there is really nothing to do but wait for the game to actually be finished.

having sed that most people here that have played the beta have liked many of the ideas in this game but everyone (even the hardcore fan boys) have to admit that this game is in pre-beta stage. basicly it's in developemtn and it's just a long way from finished. that's all, there is no hate just the fact that this could be a good game IF and when it's finished.

Originally posted by Benthon

>> we have to postpone the release for another month.

It says this in the first paragraph, implying that they will release at the end of this month.

Which can mean either "We have to postpone the release again" or "We have to postpone the release for a different month" or "We have to postpone the release for one more month" depending on context. However the debate on that is null and void if you take into account his final sentence "We will announce a final release date at a later time" which to anyone reasonable person reading it makes it obvious he meant in the first sentence.

Don't know what the date is now but that's the current statement in the announcments at the official MO forums.

Even Slapshot has to back me up on this one, right?

CS Lewis

• erickdeforeserickdefores Member Posts: 161

I have to wonder why Being in beta isnt a good excuse!!  Is anyone being charged a monthly fee for the game?   As long as it for free the " beta" excuse is valid.  I, for one, think its a good way to get the game in shape.  A long as they dont start charging folks for privilage of Beta testing then all is good and no one should be upset.

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

(mod edited)

Everytime I come to the M.O forums on this site I just get a certain feeling, I find it hard to express in words so I won't,

Anyone else feel like this when browsing any thread here? It's not vapourware, it's not a con to steal gamers cash they are making a real game and you can try it for nothin, zippo ... 100% buckshee!

BTW mods this thread makes no reference to anyone either living or dead (even the dude on the Suzuki) and any such similarities that may be drawn are purely coincidental so let's just all have some fun and relax for a bit :)

Saying its not a con to steal money is a bit of a stretch. They sold the beta for like 70 bucks, before anyone even saw the state it was in. They sold even more expensive collectors editions that came with almost nothing at all. That's pretty low. 

As for the hate, it comes from all the frustrated people trying the game and seeing tha tit just plain flat out DOESN'T WORK. No ulterior motives here. This isn't Darkfall, there was never a huge angry vapor troll population that got angry when they found out the game was actually coming out. Its becasuse the game doesn't work.