Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So er, Who's the Emperor? Poll.

Curious to know who you guys think is the Emperor, so i've put down quite a few options.

Here's some hints...

They say this Emperor has found a way to unnaturally prolong his life.

He escaped destruction before < That was said very early on when talk of the Sith council started.

Now, with the recent video from Bioware, my opinion of Naga Sadow being the Sith lord have been put aside...or have they. Perhaps Sadow isn't burried there, perhaps Sadow Burried someone else there, and thats why that jedi came to Coruscant, to seek revenge in any way they could.

My point is, don't rule out anything! We know Bioware are tricky people.. they may have some kind of twist up their sleeve, so I'm putting down ones i totally firmly believe are dead also.

Including Malak. He died in a Sith/Dark side factory full of energy to create things. I am not ruling a thing out.

Longing for Skyrim, The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3

Comments

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

I'd say its much more likely to be Naga Sadow, Marka Ragnos, Ajunta Pall, or Ludo Kreesh. According to the story, Darth Revan was either redeamed or destroyed. I suppose it could be Darth Sion or Darth Malak but those don't seem likely to me since they were major opponents in KOTOR I and II.The thing is, you encounter the force spirit of at least one of them in KOTOR and KOTOR II.

I suppose it could be Exar Kun which would actually be totally cool. According to the Star Wars universe, I wouldn't put it past him to figure out how to actually extend his life.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

It isn't Naga Sadow, his spirit was (once again) destroyed as was seen in the latest timeline, the devs also said the current emperor didn't rule the Sith at the moment they were nearly destroyed.

Ludo Kressh could be, but he's kind of a dull character imo.

Marka Ragnos was dead at that point.

Can't be Revan, as Revan met the emperor and it was the emperor who turned him to the dark side.

Could be a totally new character, that might be the most probable path imo.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• Maverz290Maverz290 Member Posts: 447

Yeah, he was into all that Sith Sorcery etc. Although I think he was tainted by the spirit of one of the Sith mentioned. As in the ancient ones. I can't recall.

It is definately the part I'm looking forward to most.

• CananCanan Member UncommonPosts: 95

I doubt it is anyone on this poll. I would go with Darth Andeddu, Kressh the Younger or Shar Dakhan. If it is not one of them then I am quite unsure who the Emperor could be unless Bioware introduces us to a new character.

• wardog250wardog250 Member Posts: 249

I have to say it's none of those names.  They are all dead.  I noticed a few clicked on Darth Raven; but, there is no way it could be him since the Emperor has been alive for 1,300 years.  That's long before Revan, going back to the Tales of the Jedi series which took place roughly 4,400 BBY.  Now using that information what named Sith Lord do you know was around at that time period?  The three you listed are all dead.  Marca, Ludo, Naga.

I'm going with a brand new character no one has seen before.  I seriously doubt Bioware is going to be recycling old characters that should have died off already by this game's time line.  I give them a lot of credit for originality when it comes to story telling.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. - Galileo Galilei

• eisenryueisenryu Member Posts: 157

The sith emperor is over 1300 years old. That eliminates quiet a few of those choices.

World of Warcraft is the original creation of God. Real Life is in fact a WoW clone.

Originally posted by wardog250

I have to say it's none of those names.  They are all dead.  I noticed a few clicked on Darth Raven; but, there is no way it could be him since the Emperor has been alive for 1,300 years.  That's long before Revan, going back to the Tales of the Jedi series which took place roughly 4,400 BBY.  Now using that information what named Sith Lord do you know was around at that time period?  The three you listed are all dead.  Marca, Ludo, Naga.

I'm going with a brand new character no one has seen before.  I seriously doubt Bioware is going to be recycling old characters that should have died off already by this game's time line.  I give them a lot of credit for originality when it comes to story telling.

I've learned that Bioware can always turn things around on us, so I was being thorough lol. At first I believed it would be Naga Sadow as no one really knew much about his Death, but the latest video suggests something else. Though I really am curious who the new Emperor is, I think by grabbing one of the old names it would've fired up a load of flare around the Sith of this time. However, new character? New slate, more of a story to be written.

It's a win win situation for the fans.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Moirae

I'd say its much more likely to be Naga Sadow, Marka Ragnos, Ajunta Pall, or Ludo Kreesh. According to the story, Darth Revan was either redeamed or destroyed. I suppose it could be Darth Sion or Darth Malak but those don't seem likely to me since they were major opponents in KOTOR I and II.The thing is, you encounter the force spirit of at least one of them in KOTOR and KOTOR II.

I suppose it could be Exar Kun which would actually be totally cool. According to the Star Wars universe, I wouldn't put it past him to figure out how to actually extend his life.

It's been a long long time since I've read it (like middle school), but (I think) Dark Empire revealed Palpatine could prolong his life by moving from body to body, a force being if you will. Not official canon but EU canon, which ties together quite a bit. Only a guess of course probably won't be him. But the imperial emblems etc... Sorta hint at it :).

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Malickie

It's been a long long time since I've read it (like middle school), but (I think) Dark Empire revealed Palpatine could prolong his life by moving from body to body, a force being if you will. Not official canon but EU canon, which ties together quite a bit. Only a guess of course probably won't be him. But the imperial emblems etc... Sorta hint at it :).

Well, no, because he isn't born yet. Also if he was, why would he train under Darth Plaguis the wise? No reason to.

The symbol has been used for ages, though I'm not entirely sure what it is. Probably just relates to the 'Imperial like' Sith.

As for swapping bodies and that. Thank god thats not canon. Nothing is worse than a writer with no originality.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Shhh... don't tell... I AM. XD

DARTH ELIKAL.

Or maybe Gnost-Dural. How else can he know all that stuff?

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• jango1337jango1337 Member Posts: 217

It's William Wallace

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Dark Vador!

Wait, he's not on the list? /sad

I need to catch up on the Timeline videos, then I'll get back to you.

Edit: I bet it's not Sadow, because he looks like an eredar from WoW (his tentacles aren't as pronounced, though, and he has more human proportions). This would lead to more claims that it's a WoW clone.

Edit 2: I pick Exar Kun for now, but I'm also leaning towards a brand new character. Darth Puppykicker.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all of the Sith lords in that list dead during this time period? Remember this is several hundred years after KOTOR. I think most of those Sith were already dead in KOTOR's time... which means they would be VERY dead by the time of TOR.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Darth Andeddu. Duh.

• Lille7Lille7 Member Posts: 301

I supposed Darth Vader is out of the question? :(

Im not really into star wars :p

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

There is no emperor... its the senate in charge right ?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Maverz290

Originally posted by Malickie

Well, no, because he isn't born yet. Also if he was, why would he train under Darth Plaguis the wise? No reason to.

The symbol has been used for ages, though I'm not entirely sure what it is. Probably just relates to the 'Imperial like' Sith.

As for swapping bodies and that. Thank god thats not canon. Nothing is worse than a writer with no originality.

Hey like I said it was only a guess, as for the last sentence though. There's really nothing they could create an "emporer" out of that would be original.

I wasn't even aware who palpatine studied under, as I stopped reading SW books/comics long ago. This question just sparked a memory of that graphic novel lol.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ShamanFaustShamanFaust Member Posts: 43

I have to go with the people that say its someone new. We've already seen they're brining in some new planents and races [not as playable since we dont know who is and who isn't yet] to the story, so I think that the central driving NPCs are very likely to be original. Its in my opinion one of the strengths of this game over a game like WoW. And I love WoW so dont get me wrong. But WoW's story is very... small in terms of the time it spans. They've locked themselves into a small time set and to really change anything and make certain options possible for the player they have to alter iconic history with retcons and the like, which pisses people off.

With Star Wars you can just go to a few hundred years stretch that none of the books have covered and people will still be able to recognize it as Star Wars. It gives players a chance to feel like they are a part of something both brand new and influential in the universe of Star Wars. So yeah I'd bet on someone brand new personally.

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

Originally posted by jango1337

It's William Wallace

This.  /thread

Seriously...most of the choices on that list are confirmed dead...not good choices.

• oakthornnoakthornn Member UncommonPosts: 863

It's Yoda's great grandfather.... :)

I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's Darth Andeddu... He lived for thousands of years, apparently. So that would be my guess... 

If it isn't him, then I don't believe it's anyone listed in the poll.. I actually hope it's a new character created by Bioware... I can't wait to find out who the emperor is..

Rallithon Oakthornn
    (Retired Heirophant of the 60th season)

Originally posted by Darth_Osor

Originally posted by jango1337

It's William Wallace

This.  /thread

Seriously...most of the choices on that list are confirmed dead...not good choices.

Bioware have hinted that this Sith escaped destruction. So assumed dead people, may not exactly be dead. Look what happened with Naga Sadows spirit and that young jedi. That kind of thing may have happened. Oh and Exar Kun was confirmed dead. He still caused a mess god knows how long later.

I believe the option you are looking for is 'new character'. I covered all answers.