Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm an Elitist. Here is why.

Comments

• ZakorZakor Member UncommonPosts: 214

....and you think we actually CARE about you? LMAO... we don't care about what you think. Get lost!

Now playing : FFXIV
    Waiting on : TBD
    Best MMORPGs played : EQ, FFXI

• GarfunkelGarfunkel Member UncommonPosts: 224

To the OP, well done - nicely written and you got the rise you wanted. Setting your age at 15 was particualrly inventive as that's most people's perception of an elitist nerd.

The sad truth is people like this actually exist in WoW.

• macmallmacmall Member Posts: 31

For only being 15, you sure have a mind-set of a middle aged man that still lives with his mother.

You will learn in life that things are not so cut and dry and that your opinions will change with age. If you play video games just remember its not a contest its about having fun and helping others!!

I know your a kid and I know the world revolves around you but don't act like your good or better then anyone eles....cause your not....

GS is for the birds kid....Skill>Gear and it will always be this way.

And if your not leet enough to carry some baddies through easysause Heroics then your not as good as you think your are.

Bet you play a Pally or a DK?

Like I could not tell.....lmfao

This is the problem with letting causals and baddies see end-game content, they start to think there good cause they can clear ToC or Uld and get some ICC bosses down.

• Lunny08Lunny08 Member Posts: 120

Why is this fat kid who has no friends in real life telling us how bad he is at WoW? Lollolol.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

This post is still catching people? Well done OP, well done. 7/10

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

What a pointless thread OP.

Congratulations for being elitist. I was like you a few years ago until I realized that all my effort was wasted raiding in WoW since all the awesome gear is replaced by newer, better gear within months. There's really no point unless you don't mind endlessly grinding raids... which eventually I just couldn't stand anymore.

Have fun being elitist in the infinite raid grind!

• BetabooBetaboo Member Posts: 384

You win the Interwebz!!

here have a cookie

• It seems some of you missed that this is satire. So no, he didn't mean what he said and no, he isn't 15. He is writing about a large percentage of playerbase that acts this ways...well, probably he does. No reason to insult him.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

Originally posted by Anubisan

What a pointless thread OP.

Congratulations for being elitist. I was like you a few years ago until I realized that all my effort was wasted raiding in WoW since all the awesome gear is replaced by newer, better gear within months. There's really no point unless you don't mind endlessly grinding raids... which eventually I just couldn't stand anymore.

Have fun being elitist in the infinite raid grind!

Agree but honestly every game out as an endless grind of some kind.

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

He who kills by the sword dies by the sword.

Oh and btw I don't play a game to get gear or clear a dungeon a quick as i can, how boring rofl. Elitist he may think he is but in the end he is the exact opposite, an elite gamer would go with a sub par group and then clear the dungeon as quick as possible that is the true trait of an elite gamer.

• relliscgrelliscg Member UncommonPosts: 30

Originally posted by sayuri2006

I'm an Elitist. I know it and I enjoy being one. I'm not here to flame but for others to see my and other Elitist's point of view.

I've just turned 15 and currently studying and play WoW when I'm not at School. I usually only play after School and on the weekends. All my friends play WoW so it's a good social activity as well, as we like to laugh at all the bads. I can't understand why people expect us to be leniant on them when they don't take 10 mins out to learn their class.

I set up PUGs or I do Heroics with usually two friends. To be honest I don't care about your background or your WoW experience. I use GearScore proudly and it does wonders. I will set a GS so I know we can clear and not wipe, which is why I will only accept you if you meet my GS. I will also kick you once you have been invited once I find a higher GS player until the raid group is full. I don't care as It's all about maximising the raid group, I don't want bads lagging behind as I want  to clear as quickly as I can.

In Heroics, it is the same. I as the leader, will kick you even if you think you should stay as you have just dinged 80 as I set a time limit on instances. I don't care because as a DPS you will be replaced in 10 secs so I can achieve my goal of clearing the instance quickly, rinse and repeat. Why take a sub par blue wearing baddie when I can get an ICC geared person?

I'm not here to be your friend, you want to chat, stay in Barrens or Dalaran, I'm here to get my badges and to raid. Period.

Wow, great attitude there kid.  You keep that up and you will be in a world of hurt when and if you move out of your parents house and into the "world's caring arms".  A little respect to those who have not achieved what you have can go a long way.  What kindness you show others in WoW may not have any bearing outside of the game, but you should start learning now how to go about treating others how you want to be treated, you will need that in the future.

• AercusAercus Member UncommonPosts: 775

The downside to being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you are pretentious.

• relliscgrelliscg Member UncommonPosts: 30

"I was lucky to get into a guild with mature players, we got alot done and were generous helping out other members. But, I don't know why so many of the players on my realms (I was on 3 realms, so I'm not just speaking about one) were/are uptight about everything. No-one seems to relax and enjoy the game; they just sit there, generally calling people vulgar things, making stupid remarks on the trade and general channels and basically putting down people."

from: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/672266#672266

• joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247

THIS, my dear friends. Is why I quitted WoW. Imagine a community with LOADS of these people. ugh

• NickelGrindNickelGrind Member Posts: 20

Ah, you're the guy who finds heroic instances hard and need full epics in order to clear.

• HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061

Originally posted by forinboy

Originally posted by sayuri2006

I've just turned 15

This is why you do this.  Maturity will bring a new outlook on many things.  You will find that maximizing your raid or whatever you called it, isn't the most important thing in the world, or in the game.

But good luck raiding anyhow.

Not really. I'm 27, work full-time and volunteer at a non-profit organization for 20 hours a week. I simply do not have time to run my badge heroics with failures. I think what the OP is trying to convey is that it is so easy to learn to play properly and get acceptable gear in WoW these days, you have to be a flaming idiot to fail at your class role in a heroic.

If I'm taking it easy on the weekend and play for more than my usual badge run(daily badges only), I will tolerate and even advise the people who can't grasp WoW's gameplay mechanics. This is usually short-lived, however. I work as an IT consultant, and have to stand buffoons who are supposed to be learning about advancd modeling, data integration, etc, but don't even know what it means to double-click each and every day. This is the category I put people who fail at WoW in. Hopeless, incompetent idiots who are better off not trying.

I would not call this elitism, but tolerance for stupidity and laziness.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by el_muerte

Guys.  It's a joke.  OP isn't serious, he's being sarcastic.  I think his post was pretty funny, but based on the rise he got out of all of you I'd say you've been successfully trolled.

Yeah, it's satire. But tbh, if you hadn't read some of his former posts you'd hardly suspect his post of being anything more than a troll post.

The OP posted a profile of a WoW elitist as how many people see them from own or heard-of experiences, and people reading it posted accordingly.

But as he said in his 2nd post, I think he intended merely sketching with an unconventional post the state of affairs how it is nowadays in WoW.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• FraxtureFraxture Member UncommonPosts: 121
    *sigh*

Another thread where someone says they are wonderful as they spend their life at a computer screen popping zits.

I have only one thing to say to you in the near future....
    'Yes, I will have fries with that...'

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Gear should never make the player, yes gear should make it easier but, a truely good player should still  be able to do things without the best gear. And a shitty player shouldn't be able to do those same things with the bad ass gear.  Sounds like you're just a gear whore douche and that was one of the many things that turned me off of WoW. Have fun when nobody wants to party with you because you kick people for stupid reasons.  What goes around comes around.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Originally posted by joeri123

THIS, my dear friends. Is why I quitted WoW. Imagine a community with LOADS of these people. ugh

The OP was clearly sarcastic.

REALITY CHECK

Originally posted by cukimunga

Gear should never make the player, yes gear should make it easier but, a truely good player should still  be able to do things without the best gear. And a shitty player shouldn't be able to do those same things with the bad ass gear.  Sounds like you're just a gear whore douche and that was one of the many things that turned me off of WoW. Have fun when nobody wants to party with you because you kick people for stupid reasons.  What goes around comes around.

Sadly not in WoW. If you do not have the gear and are in a pug, you can not perform as well as others who have the gear. I don't kick people based on their gear, but according to their performance. However if the group is going for achievements or a speed run, I will remove poorly geared players.

• astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702

The op wasnt so funny. Ok he made his point in a good way, but that has been talked to death. The fun part is how some here is taking his "im only 15 year and im 1337" in a strange strange way :) 

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

Originally posted by Thillian

Yes but some of the things he said are facts.

WoW is simply too easy for people to fail a normal heroic instance. Getting gear is also so easy that if someone is seriously lacking the gear and has not just hit 80, they are clearly misinformed and lazy.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Originally posted by Thillian

I guess, I didn't feel like reading if they posted something else.   TO be honest I still think there is some truth to it they just wanted it to seem sarcastic so that they can make their actions justified and feel better about themselves.  Also when typing if you going to be sarcastic you should say that you were because, we don't know this person, we can't hear their voice so that makes it twice as hard to tell if they were being sarcastic.

• sayuri2006sayuri2006 Member Posts: 161

Nice responses here. Obviously by two major groups that, well one can say, fits the puzzle well; posters that are defending the notion that they do accept responsibility and take accountability for their actions. The ones that claim they do play WoW and try to be more helpful, more upstanding citizens to the overall community. The second group claiming a notion that you reep what you sow, in laymans terms that I take my WoW attitudes into the real world.

You must understand one thing here. I am only a gamer on WoW, whether or not my goals are selfish and self serving is not the fundamental issue here. Posters are portraying this clearly saying: "Good luck in the real world." My actions are a result of how the overall community has become. I am merely part of the shadow that follows the flock. In other words, how I see things currently in WoW is "The nail that sticks up gets hammered back down." Whether I am like this in the real world is not something I can judge but in my defence I will say that other Elitists claim to be nice people in real life.

Like I have posted before, WoW is infectious to the point where, now with LFD, there are no boundaries or consequences to social behaviour and alot of players are merely becoming Elitists as a safeguard to failed groups. Nobody wants to wipe, or fail, to be let down by a baddie. It breaks the harmony, a result of how the game mechanics have changed to more accessibility, more results driven, more depedence on higher Gearscore loot. The repercussions had to be a result.

If I set up a group and it wipes, I get the blame. No-one wants to take responsibility as the accountabilities are just too great. This is why Elitists set such high standards. This is me in a nutshell. Do not point the dirty finger at me. I am merely a bi product of how WoW has changed. Something had to give, the community perhaps.

I am 15 years old. Don't shoot the messenger.

This discussion has been closed.