Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I come back?

hosed123hosed123 Member Posts: 6

I left Runes because it was impossible to do end game content without paying real money to get your items upgraded.  I don't mind paying for "nice-to-have" items that are not required to play the game, like mounts or bag space or exp potions.  Is it still the case that you can't do end game unless you've upgraded your equipment with the "subscription to another game" amount of real money?

Comments

• LudipeLudipe Member UncommonPosts: 109

I cant really talk about endgame content as i am quite new in the game, but with the level cap raised, the new guild features and new pve content coming it might be worthy, give it a try.

• hosed123hosed123 Member Posts: 6

Thanks for your response, but I thought the game was great even without those new features.  It's the ability to do end-game without a huge outlay of real cash that will bring me back to test it.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

theres always silkroad top end like wow since most are at the last 20 % of the game but its a great game (need about 30 minute to log in tho because of its popularity)

• From what I heard, you will still have to spend a whole lot to be competitive. Maybe just play WoW, it plays a lot like Runes of Magic and you won't have to pay more than 15 dollars a month (though I don't know if you like WoW or not). Another game you could try is Allods, I heard they revised the cash shop to have a bit less impact on the gameplay.

Thanks folks.  That answers my question.

I played WoW for a couple years and got out when the faction grinding was introduced, but it is by far the best MMO available currently F2P or P2P.

I am playing Allods right now, and if the rumors are true about the fear of death going away, or at least being drastically reduced, I can see it being my game of choice for a while.  If there is no change to FoD and they don't institute a penalty for killing another PC more than 5 levels below you in PvP, then it's gone.

• islandlifeislandlife Member Posts: 44

"Should I come back?"

I don't know, should you?

I don't know why you're asking the question in these forums. All your going to get is a 15-page opinion war bewteen fanboys and trolls.

Do YOU want to come back? Decide for yourself. Ultimately, you will know if you are enjoying yourself and any opinion you read here will be worthless anyway.

Whytwulf ? Race of Man ? Rohan ? Lore-Master ? Historian ? Master Supreme Scholar
    Ovar &#164 Dwarf &#164 Lonely Mountain &#164 Minstrel &#164 Tinker &#164 Master Supreme Jeweller
    Grumwald &#164 Race of Man &#164 Rohan &#164 Hunter &#164 Explorer &#164 Master Supreme Tailor

Normally, you would be exactly right, but I think whether or not i can do endgame without spending the equivalent of a subscription on a P2P is not really an opinion and that has been answered.  Thanks again.

• JamkullJamkull Member UncommonPosts: 214

Originally posted by islandlife

"Should I come back?"

I don't know, should you?

I don't know why you're asking the question in these forums. All your going to get is a 15-page opinion war bewteen fanboys and trolls.

Do YOU want to come back? Decide for yourself. Ultimately, you will know if you are enjoying yourself and any opinion you read here will be worthless anyway.

lol best post ever, i agree

plus no matter what game you play, even if it says F2P, there is always a catch to anything like that in life.  nothing in life is really truely free.  Its really funny how F2P games take the same selling model as a dope dealer... guess it all works. 

maybe there are some rare games out there that may be different but those are usually worthless anyway.