Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternate models

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Which of the Alternate models do you use, and which ones not?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414

Personally I use no alternate models as I do not like the anime look of them. The standard models have a "believable look" that I like, but YMMV.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

I have all SOGA's turned ON because I think they are much better looking than default models. The skin on the default models looks like playdough and the hair looks like toothpaste. Realism does not age well when graphics go obsolete. The SOGAs are clean and stylized and look really good even on low settings. If SoE were smart they would have all new trial accounts start with SOGA. I can't tell you how many times I heard players from other games try EQ2 and say it looks worse than WoW because they don't care for the playdough graphics.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

none.  if i wanted to play a game that looks like WoW or AION, i'd play WoW or AION. 

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

I don't like anime, so none.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I have decided to use Barbarians, Erudite and Dark Elves for now...

Think these 3 models ar better fitting with my own view of these character classes.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

I use all of them. Personaly I don't think they look half bad on high settings.