Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where will AOE IV go?

Cpt_PicardCpt_Picard Member Posts: 300

Although Ensemble Studios is defunct, I still believe that another AOE title will eventually come out.

Each game in the series has been based on a certain era (Romans, Middle Ages, Napoleonic times) and chronologicly the next era is the 20th century. The major issue with the 20th century is the fact that most rescources were not obtained directly from the land (Gold became significantly less important with the abandonment of the gold standard) and I don't really see villagers mining for oil anytime soon.

Villagers are a key component to the series, and implementing them into the 20th century would prove rather difficult. It is for this reason that I believe that the next AOE title will be set in one of the eras used in the first two games.

My biggest concern for a future title will be the campaigns. Although running around the new world looking for the fountain of youth was fun and all, AoE iii's campaign was a drastic change from the usually historic based campaigns of the first two games. Fiction should be left to the AoM series (Maybe we will see an age of Fantasy set in the Middle ages) and future campaigns should be based on actual battles.

Make it so...

Comments

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Hopefully it will be an Age of Kings remake, that game is DYING to be remade with better network code and some better balance on certain civs. 

• KalthanoseKalthanose Member Posts: 16

Well i think they could implement them easy enough, Oil rigs need workers, farms still need workers, plants need them and so forth easy enough to make them, quarries need people working them as well put a limit on it like 0/5 and have it produce at that percentage of workers thier ( 1/5=20% and 5/5=100% so forth.  not to hard to implement workers into a 20th century game realy.  alot of jobs in the 20th century still requires manual labor)

lets see metal mines set up with equipment already thier and more of it running the more workers you send.

Oil rigs "dito"

farms "dito"

clear cut lumber "dito" they cut all the wood down and it replants and grows , build a couple then your workers move from one to then the next then back. something like that.

can do fish farms or something like that and cattle farms for food again workers make the farm more activea nd produce more.

for the metal and stone make the quarries marked on the map with outroppings then when you build thier make a pit out of it.  and when the area is fully mined leave te pit becomes an obsticle.

Something along thos lines can do it easy like IMO