Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout MMO???

PortizPortiz Member UncommonPosts: 62

There is not much information about the game itself yet, but this is all i have got!

http://pc.ign.com/objects/872/872157.html

Comments

• BetabooBetaboo Member Posts: 384

Fallout was an awesome game--Here is hoping the developers can capture the essence of it for multi player action.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

I do a lot of reading when I'm at work , did a lot of researching for the Fallout MMO and they are partnered up with Masthead Studios they are developing Earthrise at the moment and the Fallout MMO will be using the same engine that Earthrise will be so I'm speculating since Earthrise is a sandbox MMO that Fallout will be as well which is a good thing for us sandbox vets but I'm hoping that if this is the case a sandbox/ themepark hybrid is the best way to go to cater to the vets and casuals, remember you can do both in a game and get it right which I think SWTOR is doing atm.

INTERPLAY AND MASTHEAD STUDIOS FINALIZE AGREEMENT TO DEVELOP MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE GAME

LOS ANGELES, CA, January 21, 2010 — Interplay Entertainment Corp. (OTC BB:IPLY) announced today that the Company has signed definitive agreements with Masthead Studios concerning the development of Interplay’s post-apocalyptic Massively Multiplayer Online Game (MMOG), code named “Project: V13.”

Project: V13 has been under development at Interplay since November 2007 by some of the original Fallout® creators. Masthead joined the project in early 2009 and development continues under Interplay’s direction and control. Project: V13 will utilize the proprietary tools and MMOG technology Masthead developed for its “Earthrise” project.

Commenting on the announcement, Interplay Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Herve Caen said, “Masthead’s technology is impressive and perfect for our Project: V13. Its team is passionate to bring our vision and game play to the market. This MMOG will have many unique features that we will disclose before launch of the public Beta in 2012.”

Masthead Studios President Atanas Atanasov said, “Project: V13 incorporates many creative and technological innovations. We believe it will be a unique experience. Our technology will continue to evolve in order to realize all the extraordinary content and features Interplay has designed.”

Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

About Interplay

Founded in 1983 and headquartered in Southern California, Interplay Entertainment Corp. develops, publishes and licenses video game software. The company has produced and licensed titles for many of the most popular interactive entertainment software platforms in the action/arcade, adventure/RPG and strategy/puzzle categories. Its portfolio of well-recognized Intellectual Properties includes Battlechess, Clayfighter, Dark Alliance, Descent, Earthworm Jim, Freespace, Giants, Messiah, MDK, Run Like Hell, Sacrifice. Interplay is also the original creator of the post-apocalyptic games Fallout®, Fallout® 2, Fallout® Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel video games. For more information, please visit

http://falloutmmo.com/

Today Interplay have announced that despite ongoing legal proceedings over the usage of the Fallout name, the MMO based on the iconic apocalyptic franchise is still on track. A statement which accompanied new concept art explained that we'll be hearing plenty more about the title, dubbed Project: V13, in the future.

Project: V13 will use the same engine as Masthead's sci-fi MMO Earthrise, which Interplay's Chairman and CEO was very happy to discuss.

"Masthead's technology is impressive and perfect for our Project: V13. Its team is passionate to bring our vision and game play to the market," stated Herve Caen. "This MMOG will have many unique features that we will disclose before launch of the public beta in 2012."

Despite a very troubled development cycle, Interplay are still keeping the ball rolling for this ambitious project.

Whether or not gamers will still be interested in 2012 remains to be seen, but at the very least we'll be intrigued to see whether Interplay's prelonged efforts with this franchise will bare fruit

http://www.gamerzines.com/mmo/news/fallout-mmo-earthrise-engine.html

Thought I would post this news for some who havent been keeping up with the Fallout news and provide links to back up my previous post. If this rides well we could very well be in for a treat.

• PortizPortiz Member UncommonPosts: 62

Thanks a bunch for listing all the info!

I was to busy irl to post all that :p

No problem I look weekly for any new news about anything I like includes movies and what not even found out their making a Alien Prequel movie made by Scott's!!!

• LostGamingLostGaming Member Posts: 19

A Fallout MMO? 

Well I loved the Fallout 3 and New Vegas looks fantastic, but does this company really know what they're doing when it comes to MMO's? Maybe they'll partner up with some other company on this but I'm not so sure this will be as amazing as I hope it will be. image

2012 Beta? Meh.

Blinking contest... NOW!

• Mellow44Mellow44 Member Posts: 599

I'm a fan of Bethesda (the makers of Morrowind and Oblivion) but I think that Interplay should be allowed to make the Fallout MMORPG...    if and this is a big if...    they can deliver.

All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Originally posted by LostGaming

A Fallout MMO? 

Well I loved the Fallout 3 and New Vegas looks fantastic, but does this company really know what they're doing when it comes to MMO's? Maybe they'll partner up with some other company on this but I'm not so sure this will be as amazing as I hope it will be. image

2012 Beta? Meh.

The Fallout MMO is made by Interplay and not Bethesda.

• DaywolfDaywolf Member Posts: 749

It’s hard to say. Interplay had a skeleton crew working on it in Bulgaria for over two years w/o any public info released on the game. Bethesda took them to court over it since they were basically breaking the agreement for the IP contract. I mean if Interplay just sat on it then Bethesda would never get royalties for the IP. If Interplay waited 6 years to get serious with it, then got to some release past then, well the interest for the game would be less and thus the royalties. So Bethesda wanted to void the agreement and probably license it to another company that would get it done. Looks like Interplay is holding on and trying to fulfill the agreement with a beta date announcement (2012)… but I don’t know where they got the funding because they didn’t have any when this went to court.

M59, UO, EQ1, WWIIOL, PS, EnB, SL, SWG. MoM, EQ2, AO, SB, CoH, LOTRO, WoW, DDO+ f2p's, Demo’s & indie alpha's.