Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Casual Players hit 45

SacfedSacfed Member UncommonPosts: 210

If anyone has been keeping up, My wife, and I have been playing Aion since launch.  After a few months my Son decided he wanted to play, so we all rerolled into traditional roles. Me the Tank, my wife the Healer, and my son the Spirit Master. It has been a bit better then 3 months since that happened and last night we leveled to 45!

Each level that we attained since 40 has been rewarding not only from progression, but from the new parts of the game that we look forward to. For example, we really have been looking forward to grinding out the Platinum Coin quest (why I don't know, we just talked about it alot for sometime now). Also, and more importantly there is the 5 level spread in this game, where if something is more then 5 levels higher than you your resists are many. We now have the ability to really take on the lvl 50 npc's and players with a bit more confidence. Very exciting indeed. There are many more things and we look forward to Dredgion at 46!

A casual players we are still able to enjoy the game, remember we are three though and we only play when the three of us are online at the same time. 

We each have alts, and because my schedule is a little more flexible, I am able to gather and craft to make enough money and gear for all 3 of us (it is like a second job I feel sometimes, grinding kinah for 3 people) But, that point should illustrate that 1 person working a full time job, coaching a Lacrosse team, going out to dinner with friends is still capable of generating enough income to have top level crafted gear, all our spell books, mana and health regen potions. for 3 characters. It took alot of reading and preparing and knowing where to go thanks to resources found online for free, and guild friends who we have many on our server.

Lots of high level peeps got burnt out playing hardcore, I hope they come back to see how the game is maturing politically, there really is never a dull moment in LFG. 

Of course we love Aion and look forward to playing it whenever that illusive hour or two pops up. Hope to see you all soon in game. Get a partner group up and kill some mobs.

Cheers

Love you long time!

Comments

• ElectriceyeElectriceye Member UncommonPosts: 1,171

Nice to see you're still having fun. image

You're stressing people to play in groups/guildies, and I totally agree with it. For me personally, it is the only way you can hit cap while having a ton of fun.

Grinding/questing solo is the worst thing ever, though get a couple of friends and suddenly it can be a lot of fun, especially when you break it up with other activities such as dungeons, tackle campaign quests, rifting, crafting or whatever, and contrary to a lot of games, you don't get frustrated by bugs, technical issues, severe lack of content (though it could use a bit of that) and the like. It's a very smooth ride, IF you play the game the way it's meant to be played, aka with people.

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Cool story.  Ive played asmo since launch and recently started up my second account again and started Elyos characters and Im really enjoying seeing the other side for a change.  I still feel Aion is a great game if you play to enjoy everything it has including instances, quests, etc.  If you race to get to 50 thats where the burnout occurs most frequently.  Im amazed at the beauty of the Elyos side liek I was in Sanctum and saw a dinosaur eating from the trees over the wall, they dont have anything like that on Asmo side

• SacfedSacfed Member UncommonPosts: 210

Aion is a group game, made for people that can work together.  It is not uncommon to see people still struggling to solo this game, just because its possible.

Personally, I find a 4 person group to be optimum for grinding elites, and duo for quests. Best solo activity to do in game is gather and craft.

Love you long time!
  • RendRegenRendRegen Member Posts: 158

Since wow everyone in mmos today seem to have this solo-mentality. i miss the social elements of older mmos. some games, like aion, try to bring that back a little, but it never works because the typical ADHD wow generation mentality is so different from us old-schoolers. it's nice to see it's not like that for everyone.

• LIVE2DYELIVE2DYE Member Posts: 4

thats awesome, good to know not even one bashes on Aion. when i look at forums thats all i see is people complain about the game. jus wanted to say thx for the interesting story

• XianthosXianthos Member Posts: 723

Originally posted by RendRegen

Since wow everyone in mmos today seem to have this solo-mentality. i miss the social elements of older mmos. some games, like aion, try to bring that back a little, but it never works because the typical ADHD wow generation mentality is so different from us old-schoolers. it's nice to see it's not like that for everyone.

Since early mmorpgs everyone in mmorpgs seem to have this forced grouping / grinding mentality. I miss this freedom of having choice to grp or not ...

As long you force something it will never work. You can turn it the way you want but it will be always this way.

EvE doors

See the best doors on EvE-on!

• xwolf540xwolf540 Member UncommonPosts: 37

Wow, grats.

I never seem to have fun playing casual =/ I get my fun from pwning noobs!

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

A buddy and I duo Aion and AoC currently (yes I know I need to change my LoTRO sig, was loving LoTRO til a run-in with customer service left me bitter.) and I have to say, we don't get anywhere fast but it's fun.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Without friends, guildmates, or anything like that to play together, you're just playing with numbers and TNLs, when you add the social aspect it's like adding a fourth dimension to gameplay.

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Originally posted by EricDanie

Without friends, guildmates, or anything like that to play together, you're just playing with numbers and TNLs, when you add the social aspect it's like adding a fourth dimension to gameplay.

The last 3 MMO's ive played over the years I only stuck with as long as I did because of the people

• RendRegenRendRegen Member Posts: 158

ya it's the people that matter most. otherwise you migh as well play single player rpgs which are much better for that than mmorpgs anyway, and also much cheaper.

• pingopingo Member UncommonPosts: 608

I am sorta intrigued. So you are saying that if I am patient, I can as a casual player make my way to lvl 50?

Personally I don't mind group content, as long as it doesnt take several hours to get in a group. thats what frustrates me.

I've heard the pvp is really good Aion. Grind is not really my thing tho... I really want to try it.

Is there a reason to be in a guild in Aion? in WoW right now there is not much social going on. We hope that it will change when guild levelling comes... but I dont know. maybe its also the people?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by pingo

I am sorta intrigued. So you are saying that if I am patient, I can as a casual player make my way to lvl 50?

Personally I don't mind group content, as long as it doesnt take several hours to get in a group. thats what frustrates me.

I've heard the pvp is really good Aion. Grind is not really my thing tho... I really want to try it.

Is there a reason to be in a guild in Aion? in WoW right now there is not much social going on. We hope that it will change when guild levelling comes... but I dont know. maybe its also the people?

You can most definitely be 50 if you are a casual player. Might not be as quick as someone who plays for hours per day but it's very possible.

But I DO think you should be in a legion in Aion. Unless you enjoying being a pk'er (of sorts) you aren't going to really get the most from the game if you aren't. You can get pug's, especially for the more popular areas/instances. But if you are part of an active group then you will be assured of getting something.

I like the pvp in Aion. Some might not as you can be killed by a much higher person.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • pingopingo Member UncommonPosts: 608

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by pingo

You can most definitely be 50 if you are a casual player. Might not be as quick as someone who plays for hours per day but it's very possible.

But I DO think you should be in a legion in Aion. Unless you enjoying being a pk'er (of sorts) you aren't going to really get the most from the game if you aren't. You can get pug's, especially for the more popular areas/instances. But if you are part of an active group then you will be assured of getting something.

I like the pvp in Aion. Some might not as you can be killed by a much higher person.

Is there a good community around the game?

• Maddrox181Maddrox181 Member UncommonPosts: 133

This story actually makes me want to resub ( I miss my guild and friends I made during my time playing )

May have to consider it though.. I was trying to hold out till after the patch so I could get my work caught up ..lol

This game has a great community .. one of the best I have seen in a long time tbh.

@OP , thanks for sharing your experience with us .. always great to hear ppl having fun and making gaming an enjoyable family experience.

• donkyloldonkylol Member Posts: 20

Yea i have to say i did quit Aion a while back but  i realy did enjoy it i had 2 freinds playing with me and i met the awsomest people on my server who i became good freinds with. Although it was a bit tough for us playing with three people because we always had to wait for one another to come on and if someone was out the day or had  to study we couldnt realy play so we kindov ended up fadeing away from Aion But recently iv become super interested again  it looked so awsome and was so fun almost all of us are thinking of comeing back ill probly endup trying it after 1.9 cant wait ^_^