Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I was enjoying the game again then ....

I came back to play JTL and although it lacks content Ive been having fun. I started another profession on the ground to spice things up as well. Ive been pleased with the game overall, however again SOE customer service lets me down.

I found a vendor selling a +13 med use shirt and a +13 med use hat. I thought wow, I can drop 2 skill boxes in Doc and stil be able to use Med use 91 Buffpacks. I knew from past experiences that many times tapes dont work cause they were nerfed or leftover from beta. So I contacted a CSR in-game and asked if this item would work. I got a generic response (gee what a surprise) pointing me to a post online. I checked the post and it didnt mention anything about this item so I bought it. It cost me 8 million each, 16 million total which was 99% of my credits. I then dropped Master Med use and Expert Med use to use them. Guess what, didnt work.

Later someone pointed to another SEA guide that mentioned in one of the 30+ pages that med use tapes were nerfed. Sadly, this post about SEA guide was made by a player and not by SOE. SOE itself says it wishes players would spend more time playing the game and less time complaining. So I guess the 80% players who dont read the forums wouldnt know if something works or not ???

Anyway, I posted a copy of the CSR response on forums and asked for help in resolving this. I was hoping a dev would respond and give me back my two skill boxes I dropped and maybe the credits as well. At this point, I would have been fine with the skill boxes. Nope, SOE responds in the only way they know how...they deleted my post. And when I asked in a second post "why" I got banned from the forums.

People her told me to stop playing and I guess they were right. Ultimately I kept going back because I love star wars so very much. I just cant fathom why SOE treats its customers so poorly. Anyway, after this event Ive also cancelled my EQ2 account. Which saddens me because I was enjoying that game as well. I guess I have nothing left to try now except WoW. Hopefully Blizzard doesnt act in this manner.

Comments

• milhoan6milhoan6 Member CommonPosts: 580

Originally posted by admriker444

I came back to play JTL and although it lacks content Ive been having fun. I started another profession on the ground to spice things up as well. Ive been pleased with the game overall, however again SOE customer service lets me down.
    I found a vendor selling a +13 med use shirt and a +13 med use hat. I thought wow, I can drop 2 skill boxes in Doc and stil be able to use Med use 91 Buffpacks. I knew from past experiences that many times tapes dont work cause they were nerfed or leftover from beta. So I contacted a CSR in-game and asked if this item would work. I got a generic response (gee what a surprise) pointing me to a post online. I checked the post and it didnt mention anything about this item so I bought it. It cost me 8 million each, 16 million total which was 99% of my credits. I then dropped Master Med use and Expert Med use to use them. Guess what, didnt work.
    Later someone pointed to another SEA guide that mentioned in one of the 30+ pages that med use tapes were nerfed. Sadly, this post about SEA guide was made by a player and not by SOE. SOE itself says it wishes players would spend more time playing the game and less time complaining. So I guess the 80% players who dont read the forums wouldnt know if something works or not ???
    Anyway, I posted a copy of the CSR response on forums and asked for help in resolving this. I was hoping a dev would respond and give me back my two skill boxes I dropped and maybe the credits as well. At this point, I would have been fine with the skill boxes. Nope, SOE responds in the only way they know how...they deleted my post. And when I asked in a second post "why" I got banned from the forums.
    People her told me to stop playing and I guess they were right. Ultimately I kept going back because I love star wars so very much. I just cant fathom why SOE treats its customers so poorly. Anyway, after this event Ive also cancelled my EQ2 account. Which saddens me because I was enjoying that game as well. I guess I have nothing left to try now except WoW. Hopefully Blizzard doesnt act in this manner.

I can tell you from experience that Blizzard treats their customers very well, even sometimes the players flame the Dev's and they don't delete the post.  Sometimes they get a little too lax though and ppl are cussing and calling each other idiots left and rightimage

MMORPG's I've played: Star Wars Galaxies, Anarchy Online DAOC, EQ, WW2 Online, and Knight Online

• Originally posted by admriker444

Dude, if you knew ahead of time how much players have been complaining for the past 5 years that SOE customer service is lacking,....... why would  you now suddently expect different. Me personally I have not had any issues with it, because I never needed it except 1 time in EverQuest. But I will not deny that there must be something to the thousands of players on the EQ, PS, and SWG, forums who say SOE cust service is lacking.

YOU of all people should not even be posting this!

I found a vendor selling a +13 med use shirt and a +13 med use hat. I thought wow, I can drop 2 skill boxes in Doc and stil be able to use Med use 91 Buffpacks. I knew from past experiences that many times tapes dont work cause they were nerfed or leftover from beta. So I contacted a CSR in-game and asked if this item would work. I got a generic response (gee what a surprise) pointing me to a post online. I checked the post and it didnt mention anything about this item so I bought it.

And here is where the mistake is on you. Even after the lax customer service response, you admit you never found anything answering your quesiton before you purchased the two ingame items.

YOU of all people should not be posting this!

In the future -> You are better off making a new thread on the forums for the server you play on. Ask other players about the items you are about to buy. Just like in all other games, you will get more information from the players. Also post on Stratics.com your SWG questions.

It cost me 8 million each, 16 million total which was 99% of my credits. I then dropped Master Med use and Expert Med use to use them. Guess what, didnt work.

Here you do not make any sense. No one, no gamer, ever drops 100% of all their ingame money on any item/items. Because then guess what? You are broke. I personally have millions of credits, in addition stored resources (minerals, metals) that are worth a heck of alot. I can't imagine how you must manage your real life budget. Common sense says always have an emergency stash. Of either credits, or elite grade minerals/metals/resources.

Worse case scenario - you are out 18 million credits. Anyone who has 18 million credits either:

- Got it from begging, freebies, buying a SWG account, and has no idea how to actually make it.

- Actually made it. Anyone who can actually make 18 million credits will have very little problem making 18 million credits again.

Look, it is not new news that SOE customer service for EQ, PS, and SWG is lacking. Again, in the future if you have a question about in game items, post your question at stratics.com, and on the SWG forums on the forums for the server you play on..... asking other players about whatever ingame items you have a question about.

Re-post your copy of the CSR response here in this thread. I, and my friends will see what we can do.

Actually, it was YOU who was telling people to STOP playing SWG. And in return, I and others told you to MOVE ON AND PLAY ANOTHER MMORPG. You have absolutly no excuse. YOU of all people should not be posting this!

Why does SOE customer service lack so much? SOE is a Japanese company that focuses on the bottom line. Their current CEO Hidekei Idea (sp) is not a gamer. Never played games. Does not care about games. They do not care about Americans (the main market for their games). "Just give us your money and be quiet!". Sony kicked Smeadly out of their offices numerous times before they gave the go ahead for EQ to be made. Add the fact hat the American makers (who are fans of games, are gamers, do/did play games) of EQ, EQ2, and SWG sold out completly to a Japanese company.

The (mostly) American players put up with the shenninigans of Sony. Why? Because they are spineless? If you really want to help change SONY's cust service, I suggest you not only quit their games, but also use the awesome power of the Internet. Post copies of your CSR complaint, your case, on as many gamer forums as possible.

SWG, EQ, EQ2 will go on succeeding without you though. And again, your individuale case could have easily been avoided. All you had to do was post a new thread with your question on the forums for your server, or even at Stratics.com image

As for Blizzard Customer service? Who knows how good or bad it is. Blizzard has had their own past share of blunders. Based on YOUR personal history, in which you repeatedly LIE about quitting SWG, and all other Sony games.... you will be back playing SWG, EQ, EQ2, and any other Sony game. Because you refuse to move on. BTW - here is something to think about:

Customer service used to not exist at all in computer games. It was play the game. Don't complain. Grin and bear it. Make the best of it. This was back in the days when there were no moneymen. The days of the 1970's, 1980's, and maybe early, early, 1990's.

-Personal Website (A Work in progress):
    http://www.geocities.com/xplororor/index.html
    -AC, AC2, AO, EQ, SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor
    -More SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/captain_sica_xol
    -EverQuest II:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_eq2archives01
    -EQ, Dungeon Siege, Diablo II, *UXO*:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01
    -EVE Online !!!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926

Well i'm not surprised but explore was right in  a few things

we did tell you not to come back at this time,

obviously there was a reason

i still had auto pull from crate bug with smuggler gosh it was annoying ( pub 10 bug)

i finnaly dropped smuggler after all this time because i just didn't see any fixes coming whatsoever

and reguardless what's "coming" they have been saying that a long, long, time

i didn't get jtls because i cannot psychaily play a twitched based game even if its slow and joy stick

i do not hate soe i do not mind trying new things nor am i bitter,

i know the bugs, problems the funsies of trying to find specific  stuff

watching my favorite city on ss go poof along with every vendor in the mall there, and all items in the vendors,

but that is part and parasal of stuff happening

however i have seen more players, busy cities, and that encourages  me when i had enough i take a break do something else a while and peek in when i want too

i still hope you find something you enjoy doign let go when its not fun, and not hold on to anger, it does nothing for you except mess up your stress levels

a game is suppose to be about fun if its not it is time to move on and let go perhaps if eq2 u cancled too,  mmorpg burn out may be a real thing and a break is needed for a while?

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Riker i have aggreed with 99% of your complaints you have raised upon SWG and SOE, but....

You continue to play this game and even prepared to open another SOE account to play EQ2.....WHY?? You have for as long as i have read the mmorpg forums, tried to convince SWG players how horrid it is while continually playing it and what a evil corporation SOE is.

I feel like a bloody nut knowing i aggreed with your rants while you were playing SWG all the time!

Pan

Pan

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

Originally posted by panache

Riker i have aggreed with 99% of your complaints you have raised upon SWG and SOE, but....
    You continue to play this game and even prepared to open another SOE account to play EQ2.....WHY?? You have for as long as i have read the mmorpg forums, tried to convince SWG players how horrid it is while continually playing it and what a evil corporation SOE is.
    I feel like a bloody nut knowing i aggreed with your rants while you were playing SWG all the time!

Pan

Pan I hate your opinion of SWG, but I love the way you say it image

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,978

I have no problem with SWG think it’s a fine game, just not for me, but since we have to put up with Jodokai’s moans on our CoH forums I thought I would return the favour image

Crafting Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan

Fishing moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan

Etc. (moan)

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

Spoken like the true intellect you are.

• milhoan6milhoan6 Member CommonPosts: 580

Originally posted by Scot

I have no problem with SWG think it’s a fine game, just not for me, but since we have to put up with Jodokai’s moans on our CoH forums I thought I would return the favour image
    Crafting Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan
    Fishing moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan
    Etc. (moan)

Why continue this discussion on a thread thats topic has nothing to do with CoH.  Keep it on the City of Heroes forums, buddyimage

MMORPG's I've played: Star Wars Galaxies, Anarchy Online DAOC, EQ, WW2 Online, and Knight Online

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

guys, let's keep this thread on topic please ::::02::

Thanks!

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• slinverslinver Member Posts: 13

You continue to play this game and even prepared to open another SOE account to play EQ2.....WHY??

I fail to understand this too.
    I've just closed my SWG accounts and will be waiting for WoW to launch in Europe. I was originally going to play EQ2 when it was lauched, but the way SOE has treated SWG is the main reason for me not buying EQ2.

When will companies realise that they can't just screw the player base and expect them to move to their new, latest thing?

I'm hoping that Blizzard don't end up doing the same thing to their players, but after playing so many MMORPG's and all the companies ending up the same way I'm worried Blizzard will follow suit :(