Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why the masses left Allods and a few exploiters are still ruling

2»

Comments

• Song7Song7 Member Posts: 19

MMOGlider aka WoWGlider was up and running up until fairly recently (year and half-ish).  And it looks like another may be on the way.  Even the mighty blizzard had a serious problem for many years.  And if you think there are no hack/cheats/expoits in WoW you're joking yourself.  They just simply remain private instead of being "sold". 

Anyway back on topic.  The complaints as of late in this thread have been directed towards pvp.  A VERY large amount of people could care less for pvp in a fantasy mmo (myself I will go play Quake Live if I want real pvp which Q3 also had a shit load of bots exploits).  And considering how fleshed out the pve is in this free game it will continue to succeed .  Before I hear the ramblings of needing to pay for items in pve too, you don't have to pay to play this game in pve.  Yes, I will suffer longer in purgatory and won't have the item shop pots ...etc etc.   It's as free as you are willing to make it.

• frostsmithfrostsmith Member Posts: 111

Even though it is a gPotato game.. it's the best one they have. Allods Online just needs time to build. I am still a fan and it's way better than playing RoM, imo.

• AlleyiaAlleyia Member Posts: 18

I quite enjoy Allods Online. It's the only f2p mmorpg that kept me playing for more than 15 minutes (playing since cb).

I seriously never saw any hackers ingame and there are always many people questing next to me. Even my guild gets new member on a daily base. >_>

• golightgolight Member Posts: 104

What exactly do you get up to then?

Sound like a different game than the one I experianced. Personally having to buy Incense to run the same heroics everyday isn't my kind of fun. What else is there to do other than heroics, the same instance again, again and again..??

Play: -
    Played: FFXIV, WAR, Allods, Aion, AoC, DDO, EQ2, GW, Lotro, Tabula Rasa, Vanguard, WoW

• Song7Song7 Member Posts: 19

Level another character for free?  I don't know golight, play something else.  I understand the complaint, but considering the cover price of this game I'm finding it hard to join sides with you.   Playing this game casually has costed me nothing (outside of a bag when I found out later the game gives you one in a quest), unlike countless other games I have that made me put up $50+ before I could even log in and see if I disliked it.

No offense, but you chose to buy the items when you could have said no and moved on before buying gpotatoes.

• MidBossMidBoss Member Posts: 93

Even if endgame is crap, I could care less, as I've goten tons of enjoyment and 2+ weeks of gaming out of the leveling process at zero cost.

Take that as you will.

• golightgolight Member Posts: 104

Originally posted by Song7

Level another character for free?  I don't know golight, play something else.  I understand the complaint, but considering the cover price of this game I'm finding it hard to join sides with you.   Playing this game casually has costed me nothing (outside of a bag when I found out later the game gives you one in a quest), unlike countless other games I have that made me put up $50+ before I could even log in and see if I disliked it.

No offense, but you chose to buy the items when you could have said no and moved on before buying gpotatoes.

I'm sorry but you're looking at it the wrong way. I don't have a problem paying for a game. There is no such thing as a free to play game, were would the incentive be in creating one? I see myself as a paying customer, but the product I paid for is currently sub-standard and did not live up to what it was sold to me as. Had it been any other type of product I would have returned it and had my money back by now. They are clever though, they will keep the game in so called "Beta" forever and creating the best of excuses for a crap service.

The real problem is people's attitudes that they want to avoid paying, that they should have it for free. Nothing good will evolve from that attitude. You encourage and support a good game by investing in it.

But Allods and Gpotate (my first experiance of Gpotato) is so extreme in it's greed that people like me who are willing and can spend money are finding it's too steep. Too greedy and plain stupid.  Allods is all about getting a few pay massive amounts of cash, treating it's paying customers like idiots.

They should concentrate on creating a good solid game with both PvE and PvP as they advertised, keeping players interested and growing. Through growth and a solid player base grow revenue through fluff / cosmetic items. But they have chosen to do concentrate on making people pay. It's unfortunate, because what they have is a really good base to work from. But obviously Gpotato is a company looking for quick profits and shortcuts rather than a good product.

Play: -
    Played: FFXIV, WAR, Allods, Aion, AoC, DDO, EQ2, GW, Lotro, Tabula Rasa, Vanguard, WoW

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

It's a shame that there are so many MMOs being developed purly as cash cows now, there was a time when they were made by gamers for gamers and didn't involve fat businessmen in their ivory towers.  You only have to look at the sheer amount of crap on the MMORPG.com games list to see it.  About 80% are absolute shite asian grindfest games made to exploit it's players with an "item shop", whos player base all but deserted it after the first week few weeks of release.

I actualy liked this game until I saw the cash shop, I logged out and never went back.  After reading this I'm glad I didn't....

• HELLBITCHHELLBITCH Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by mmozee

Why Allods is dead to non hackers/exploiters aka people playing:

Launch

- They announce NO WIPE anymore at the launch of open beta.

- Start of open beta: So many people playing you could not even target a single mob

- Day one. Pre open beta guilds have hacked the game so that they can reach end level super duper fast. People complain about it but get ignored.

Week one

- The hackes all have end level and are hacking pvp status, stat status, damage multipliers the works. People don't stand a chance. People complain about it but get ignored.

- Hackers are farming gold, speedhacking quests, the first dupes are found. People complain about it but get ignored.

Week two

- The hackers are getting bored and start selling gold. Gold spam is everywhere. Almost impossible to talk. People rage quit. Gpotato reacts with developing a spam filter over the next weeks, one that did officially work against spam for 1 day.

First month.

- Cash shop prices announced + fod perfumes. People complain about it and rage quit. Gpotato reacts by lowering the prices a few weeks later. Not refunding anything or whatever. Yeah or Whatever.

- A russian guild leaks usable exploits to the hacker guilds in the old NA/EU versions. This exploit allows the end game hackers to megasuperfarm the best gear ingame (at this time). People don't stand a chance. People rage quit. After weeks gpotato reacts by making one exploit, resetting instance, a two day bannable offence. Who is laughing? WTF!

- The game community base is now a group of end level exploiters/hackers who exploit/hack all day in instances. Besides the hacking, normal players would be able to do instances only once every day. People don't stand a chance. People complain about it but get ignored now. The endgame lands are empty. The midgame lands are empty.

- The starter zones have some people around. Many of them hacker alts afk to farm instances. Others are gold banks or spammers. Even the very first zone, where you play alone, the introduction of the game or basic guide where no other players could be, has its share of goldspammers. It is stupid.

Second month-Today

- Individual hackers / exploiters seem to be special to gpotato Gms. After many reports against them they keep doing their thing. People complain about it but get ignored.

- Dupe programs are being sold. They patch the exploits when someone 'good' reports the way it is done. Most hackers keep their stuff. Some dupes only last for a few days, some did for a few weeks, some are still there. Gms are not really caring though.

- Game is a ghost town. You can basically go trough the entire zone and not see anyone. Guild of 70 players have 3 active ones....the rest is afk exploiting.

- NOW THEY ANNOUNCE THAT ALL OF THE ABOVE IS FIXED IN THE NEW PATCH. THEY WILL LAUNCH IT SOON. BUT THEY WON"'T WIPE THE SERVER OF THIS (*&*&^*^(%(&*%^BULLCRAP. People don't stand a chance. People complain about it but get ignored.

Conclusion: Cheaters and exploiters game. Gms are full of crap. They only take your money. (paid my fair deal in ignorance) They don't ban exploiters/hackers they don't wipe exploiters/hackers they don't wipe the hacked BETA GAME, they punish you for exposing them. Stay far away from it. In fact as far as possible.

:( Bye allods mega fail. Have fun with your so called player base, a low pop of hackers/exploiters. Idiots.

imageimageimage

Opinion

• TriMoonTriMoon Member UncommonPosts: 57

lol, i found this topic to be so true of how Gpotato handles things that i have Crossposted@ Gpot-Aika, GlobalAika

Well thats all for now, 3M

• PunkrePunkre Member Posts: 92

I personally have not seen a any hackers, but then again im only level 24.

Low end game is very packed, but becomes lower and lower in population as you progress.

As for the argument of F2P vs P2P, I find that while I like the idea of playing before I buy the game rarely do I find F2P on either the standards of a P2P or the F2P games have either too much push on the idea of buying items or the items are constantly being "re-evaluated" so the price is constantly in flux.

The other big problem is the hackers, WoW kills hackers, the slap on the wrist to exploiters but usually because they either take away what they got or fix it quick enough. F2P feels like they never fix any thing of real importance.