Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why the masses left Allods and a few exploiters are still ruling

mmozeemmozee Member Posts: 6

Why Allods is dead to non hackers/exploiters aka people playing:

Launch

- They announce NO WIPE anymore at the launch of open beta.

- Start of open beta: So many people playing you could not even target a single mob

- Day one. Pre open beta guilds have hacked the game so that they can reach end level super duper fast. People complain about it but get ignored.

Week one

- The hackes all have end level and are hacking pvp status, stat status, damage multipliers the works. People don't stand a chance. People complain about it but get ignored.

- Hackers are farming gold, speedhacking quests, the first dupes are found. People complain about it but get ignored.

Week two

- The hackers are getting bored and start selling gold. Gold spam is everywhere. Almost impossible to talk. People rage quit. Gpotato reacts with developing a spam filter over the next weeks, one that did officially work against spam for 1 day.

First month.

- Cash shop prices announced + fod perfumes. People complain about it and rage quit. Gpotato reacts by lowering the prices a few weeks later. Not refunding anything or whatever. Yeah or Whatever.

- A russian guild leaks usable exploits to the hacker guilds in the old NA/EU versions. This exploit allows the end game hackers to megasuperfarm the best gear ingame (at this time). People don't stand a chance. People rage quit. After weeks gpotato reacts by making one exploit, resetting instance, a two day bannable offence. Who is laughing? WTF!

- The game community base is now a group of end level exploiters/hackers who exploit/hack all day in instances. Besides the hacking, normal players would be able to do instances only once every day. People don't stand a chance. People complain about it but get ignored now. The endgame lands are empty. The midgame lands are empty.

- The starter zones have some people around. Many of them hacker alts afk to farm instances. Others are gold banks or spammers. Even the very first zone, where you play alone, the introduction of the game or basic guide where no other players could be, has its share of goldspammers. It is stupid.

Second month-Today

- Individual hackers / exploiters seem to be special to gpotato Gms. After many reports against them they keep doing their thing. People complain about it but get ignored.

- Dupe programs are being sold. They patch the exploits when someone 'good' reports the way it is done. Most hackers keep their stuff. Some dupes only last for a few days, some did for a few weeks, some are still there. Gms are not really caring though.

- Game is a ghost town. You can basically go trough the entire zone and not see anyone. Guild of 70 players have 3 active ones....the rest is afk exploiting.

- NOW THEY ANNOUNCE THAT ALL OF THE ABOVE IS FIXED IN THE NEW PATCH. THEY WILL LAUNCH IT SOON. BUT THEY WON"'T WIPE THE SERVER OF THIS (*&*&^*^(%(&*%^BULLCRAP. People don't stand a chance. People complain about it but get ignored.

Conclusion: Cheaters and exploiters game. Gms are full of crap. They only take your money. (paid my fair deal in ignorance) They don't ban exploiters/hackers they don't wipe exploiters/hackers they don't wipe the hacked BETA GAME, they punish you for exposing them. Stay far away from it. In fact as far as possible.

:( Bye allods mega fail. Have fun with your so called player base, a low pop of hackers/exploiters. Idiots.

imageimageimage

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

i got to say !when game are in beta of any status there should be a wipe at official lunch !why?because often issue arose in the past for unforseen cause.ok great gm or dev fixed it ,we ll get a fresh start at lunch !nope !what do we getr!

NOTHING!

lol!are you serious!

YEP!TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT WE DONT CARE(said without utering a single word)

gamer  leave and go try to have fun elsewhere.

of caurse he wont because all beta are working in the same way.

not many do beta and then wipe .at official lunch!

• novasmagicnovasmagic Member Posts: 26

The game is no where near that bad, seems like you're a little butt hurt over the game.  The only posts on your account are to complain about it.  If you don't like it, quit and move on, there are plenty other games out there.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

OP, Why are you making multiple posts on the exact same subject?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • mmozeemmozee Member Posts: 6

I just wanted to add that with "(paid my fair deal in ignorance)", I was saying that I was entertained for a while. I think that is fair to underline. But the above doesn't roll.

I think it's a loss, to put it in another way. Anyway the above is what happend, it is not my story. The brackets where. See you out there.

• TyrrhonTyrrhon Member Posts: 412

Exploiters are ruling *because* people left. gPotato simply cannot afford to ban hackers/exploiters because it will cost them money and severely cripple limited playerbase. This is all the information you need to judge playberbase size - they cannot afford bans.

The game is fine to play for free for some levels. If you want to participate in edgame you have to cheat/exploit/spend fortune. It is nothing special to Allods, just some F2Ps are more prone than others. F2Ps are used to run on small population and tax it to the limits. I bet many of those abusers spent a good deal of money on *their* game. It does not affect you much if you do not plan on staying.

I really hoped *Russian* made game would have some strict measures in code because otherwise it is unfit for target market. Seems not.

• Song7Song7 Member Posts: 19

What people left? Give numbers or get out.  Spouting off how people left because "you say so" is nonsense and no one will just go ahead and beleive you.  If your friends list has become more and more "offline" perhaps they are playing one of their alts?  The game does allow a crazy amount of them.

Not really sure what you expect us to gleen from your input here but it surely doesn't help not having something concrete.  I personally have been impressed with how full the servers are and how easy it is getting groups for XAES and raid mobs.  So from my perspective you are way off base.

• BatzenbaerBatzenbaer Member UncommonPosts: 76

I downloaded the Game last Week and the German Server Starttown was full of Players.

No Problem to get Group 4 Xaes or Highlevel help 4 Questboss.

I never saw a single RMT Spam.

• SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296

I find it hard to believe the game is that bad. But the opinion is yours, I guess.

• maxebornmaxeborn Member Posts: 148

Noob zones in both factions on both na servers are packed with ppl i never have probs getting groups you sure we playing same game?

Originally posted by maxeborn

Noob zones in both factions on both na servers are packed with ppl i never have probs getting groups you sure we playing same game?

Yes you are, but you are basing you impressions on lack of experience. Sucking thumb was fun but plays very small role in the big scope, athough it may seem everything at your age.

As many F2Ps, Allods is very fine to play a bit but can have issues if you want to stick around. And that is what the OP was about.

• Song7Song7 Member Posts: 19

hmm,  I think you would have been better served by giving a players impression of end-game in Allods rather than the doom and gloom approach you took by making it sound like there is a mass exodus from the game(which just isn't the case).

• golightgolight Member Posts: 104

Originally posted by maxeborn

Low lvl areas might be busy, but max/high lvl areas are not. There is so very little to do when you get to max, other than create alts. The real problem is that there is not much new blood, not much new people joining. Hopefully in a few months time things will improve, maybe they will even add some real PVP. At least it's free so you can always just return when things are getting better.

Play: -
    Played: FFXIV, WAR, Allods, Aion, AoC, DDO, EQ2, GW, Lotro, Tabula Rasa, Vanguard, WoW

Originally posted by Song7

hmm,  I think you would have been better served by giving a players impression of end-game in Allods rather than the doom and gloom approach you took by making it sound like there is a mass exodus from the game(which just isn't the case).

End game is almost non existant:

1. Heroic Dungeons - Rinse and Repeat

This is the only real thing you can currently do as endgame - you run heroic dungeons. Bascially the same dungeons you already done at lower lvls but with harder mobs. You also have to run them a lot, loot / drops are very random and not very good. That's if you don't end up using exploits which a lot of players do.

2. PVP - None

None. There is very little PVP going on, no dedicated PVP areas, no objectives, no goals. The only way you can get some PVP action is by finding a war banner then run after some other players. However due to safe zones you often just end up running after someone until they reach the safe area.

3. Daily Rep Quest - Some, boring

The daily quests run out quite quickly as you can easily reach max rep level in a few days. They are also insanely boring. Problem is that the rep rewards are often pointless if you're running Heroics as the gear dropping there is better.

4. Astral Combat - not fully implemented

Who knows.. doesn't really exists yet. Currently you can go and find yourself a astral boss, kill it and return. Unfortunatley there seem to be a loot bug and there has been reports of problems looting chests when you get back to safe ground.

Played: FFXIV, WAR, Allods, Aion, AoC, DDO, EQ2, GW, Lotro, Tabula Rasa, Vanguard, WoW

Thinking of it, the root of all problems are heroic dungeons combined with the steep gear progress.

Contrary to your levelling experience when you got ganked the whole time, there is nothing interesting in open world at 40 - rep grinds give miserable rewards and world bosses are not itemised.

If there were no heroic dungeons or they would be entirely optional, there would be no exploiting them and there would be world PvP. Imagine heroic versions of whole zones, same design effort, more fun.

Edit: Btw, having crowded starter zones while still having the same two servers as CBT can mean only one thing - people are leaving in droves, making plenty of room for newcomers, who will leave soon too. Overcrowded starter zones and yet static number of servers is only good sign in games with "inflatable" servers - like DDO or EvE.

• MurcatMurcat Member UncommonPosts: 2

Posted this in hype comments, but i think it's worth to repost here :)

Please note, post is by one of the top summoners in the russian servers, Elfinore (?????????) xD

Game is totally messed up by cash shop.

Just imagine what comes up in the future (info from russian server, latest patches).

3x damage reduction without cash shop item (yes it's true, basically subscription + cash shop).

Cursed items by player death (u can get curse, all + stats will be negative stats) and to avoid this u must buy other cash shop item :)

Cursed drop items by bosses / treasure boxes - u looted nice sword... but it's cursed, guess where is scroll to remove curse? :)

Enchants still cost astronomical prices and few patches ago damage formula was changes to 33.3% 10lv atk / 16.7% 10lv def.

Cash shop elixir gives 86 stats at lv42 character. (you can use 2 of them in same time + normal crafted potion).

Gamble boxes, drop depends on time... it's was like event, but became regular xD (extra 10/20/30 stats points, extra 1-5 skill points, ship building licence (instant astral ship), cash shop only mount and some other things).

Skill/stats reset items now can be obtained ONLY in cash shop (not 100% confirmed, but looks like drop rate in dungeons for this items was greatly nerfed).

Cash shop items life time... :) (7 days, then auto deleting).

Lv5 patron quest requires expensive item from cash shop (patron blessing +50% atk/heal, extra stat points).

And thing that really made me left after 6 months playing this, emm... game. PvP ABSOLUTE dead, there is no pvp anymore.

Reasons for this: Newest allod/location Gipat 40+ content - peace zone (yes baby yes, carebears ftw!), death cost you 1 cash shop item + mira (almost forgot, price was increased 10x few patches ago), no one flagging, everywhere peace :) (ouch, again forgot, there is new "flag system", without flag u can't be atacked).

f2p game, no subscription.. O RLY? :)

P.S maybe not all changes will be same in eu/us versions of allods, but most of them for sure.

Playing: -
    Played: UO, L2, WOW, GE, RF, Atlantica, Allods
    Tried: Most MMO's from MMORPG.com games list :)

Originally posted by vtstv

And thing that really made me left after 6 months playing this, emm... game. PvP ABSOLUTE dead, there is no pvp anymore.

Same reason I left. No PVP and as you mentioned shop items will be even more neccessary. I really don't mind spending money on a game but not if it creates huge imbalance. Stats in Allods is EVERYTHING. Just a few extra stats points makes a massive difference, so just think what 80+ in stats means.. OR 3x damage reduction!

Such a waste of something that looked so good at startup.

• EmoqqboyEmoqqboy Member UncommonPosts: 194

Originally posted by golight

Same reason I left. No PVP and as you mentioned shop items will be even more neccessary. I really don't mind spending money on a game but not if it creates huge imbalance. Stats in Allods is EVERYTHING. Just a few extra stats points makes a massive difference, so just think what 80+ in stats means.. OR 3x damage reduction!

Shop items are always necessary in F2P games nowadays. Its a new trend. Companies dont make games and maintain game servers for free, they have to earn from their players somehow. New concept is gift shop/game shop for items/upgrades/look enhances etc. To be honest, given current game trends today, it may be cheaper in the long run paying a monthly fee for a game if you really enjoy it. Upgrades/items via gift shop for players serious about a game will end up with more real cash spent.

<QQ moar plz. kkthxbai.>

Originally posted by Emoqqboy

Shop items are always necessary in F2P games nowadays. Its a new trend. Companies dont make games and maintain game servers for free, they have to earn from their players somehow. New concept is gift shop/game shop for items/upgrades/look enhances etc. To be honest, given current game trends today, it may be cheaper in the long run paying a monthly fee for a game if you really enjoy it. Upgrades/items via gift shop for players serious about a game will end up with more real cash spent.

I totally understand and as I said before I'm personally happy to pay for "free to play" game through using a shop. They need to make money somehow, most people understand that.

I did spend real cash in their shop while I played but the non existant PVP and imbalance shop items create made to quit. I much rather play a fair game with a higher monthly fee that has meaningful endgame content.

The items in the new Russian patch is just one step to many. They are introducing massive imblances into the game, more than any other game I've ever seen. Allods will be the no.1  "Pay to Win game". There are lots of ways making people pay, vanity items have always proved very productive for sales. Yet Allods have none.

• DevilFaceDevilFace Member Posts: 8

I played Allods from closed beta through the end of open beta. Well, almost the end of open beta.

I stuck around when the cash shop was released. I knew the prices would come down. However, when I started to run into hackers and exploiters, I quit immediately.

The fact is, in any F2P game I've ever played, the moment you see a hacker problem, you may as well write the game off. It's all downhill from that point. This is precisely why I rarely bother trying F2P games. It's just that Allods had so much potential, so I decided to give it a shot. I'm sorry I did. I really hated having to leave it behind, but I knew what was coming the moment I started seeing speed hackers and saw the mods in the forums initially deny it was happening, and when confronted with proofe, totally ignore the topic forever.

Originally posted by DevilFace

I played Allods from closed beta through the end of open beta. Well, almost the end of open beta.

I stuck around when the cash shop was released. I knew the prices would come down. However, when I started to run into hackers and exploiters, I quit immediately.

The fact is, in any F2P game I've ever played, the moment you see a hacker problem, you may as well write the game off. It's all downhill from that point. This is precisely why I rarely bother trying F2P games. It's just that Allods had so much potential, so I decided to give it a shot. I'm sorry I did. I really hated having to leave it behind, but I knew what was coming the moment I started seeing speed hackers and saw the mods in the forums initially deny it was happening, and when confronted with proofe, totally ignore the topic forever.

Erm, i hate to give you the sad truth and facts. All games can be hacked. All games have hackers and players who would do anything for an extra edge. The only difference is, how fast GMs can respond to each individual hacking issue and how good a hacker you have to be to remain under the GM radar. Even wow has hackers. You will never find a hackfree game sorry bud.

<QQ moar plz. kkthxbai.>

Erm, i hate to give you the sad truth and facts. All games can be hacked. All games have hackers and players who would do anything for an extra edge. The only difference is, how fast GMs can respond to each individual hacking issue and how good a hacker you have to be to remain under the GM radar. Even wow has hackers. You will never find a hackfree game sorry bud.

He said "a hacker problem". Hackers and exploiters exists in every game. But not all games allow it to become a problem. Allods GM's don't do anything other than moderate fiercly on the online forums. Ingame you won't see anything done by them.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I played this in Open beta and really liked it. Then the cash shop news hit and my desire to play dropped a bit. Then, the game launched and I couldn't kill a single mob due to tons of A D D people running about grabbing everything. I stopped playing right then and there and just have had NO desire to come back, in any way shape or form.

So, for me it had nothing to do with hackers, but with the fact that each faction has only ONE! starting area and EVERYONE goes through it every single time.

Another reason why WoW is popular and did it right. Multiple starting zones. Should not be overlooked when cooking an mmorpg.

• DevilFaceDevilFace Member Posts: 8

I hate to give you the sad truth and facts, but you missed the point entirely. I never stated that any game was hack-proof. What I did say, was that as soon as there becomes an obvious hacker problem, and nothing is done about it, you may as well right the game off completely. How a dev responds to the initial hackers has historically set the precedent for how it will be handled.

It was obvious from the beginning that the Allods team didn't care. And look, I was right. It's still been happening.

Sorry, bud.   (read the post next time.)

He said "a hacker problem". Hackers and exploiters exists in every game. But not all games allow it to become a problem. Allods GM's don't do anything other than moderate fiercly on the online forums. Ingame you won't see anything done by them.

That means.. this game isnt earning enough revenue or hasnt set aside appropriate resources to support enough 24/7 staff to deal with the issue heh. To us its all issues.. complaints about this complaints about that. To the gaming company, its all about money numbers and figures. GMs, antihacker staff needs to be paid too. They also have families to feed! The more the company makes the more they can set aside resources for staff to more actively control complaints and handle feedbacks more diligently. They also need to see the number of peeps hacking lol. This is gonna sound weird but, majority always wins. If there are more peeps using hacks/exploits than peeps complaining about it, you can be sure they wont do anything. Idea is to please the majority, the gaming company never wants to lose audience and they bear in mind, you can never please everyone.

<QQ moar plz. kkthxbai.>

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

It's a "Gpotatoe" game...

Yup.. That about sums it up lol