Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions for a returning player

jaker318jaker318 Member Posts: 2

Just curious, i played early on however life got busy and now im thinking about giving it another go.

1. What are the top servers

2. The PVP, lots of people told me its usually 10 v 1, is that still so?

3. how is the assassin class doing nowadays?

4. I didnt get too far in the game, are there alot of instances at the end to take part in?

Comments

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I dont think there has been any significant updates to the game since it came out!

There does appear to be a new one on the horizon but nothing enough to get me wanting to play again.   I dont mind having to grind, what I mind is having to grind in the same few limited places... and it was incredibly hard to get groups if your acertain class... even in your own guild.

No, I think this is one for future consideration.

• neumneum Member UncommonPosts: 143

#1 I play on lumiel asmo and its great  elyos get rolled on fort stuff.  They seem to just suck at fort attack / defence.

#2  Fort PVP is awesome imo.  I came back after a few months off and I dont crash like I did at release.  I just hit 30 last night and trying to level up in the morhiem 20-30 was just bad.  There are people that do nothing all day but gank lowbies.  30-35 in that full 30 twink set gear.  I know ganking happens in PvP games but it get retarded sometimes.   its almost always the same people running around and if a lvl 50 comes by and kills them the are back in 5 min because they have a kisk set up.  I am into larger scale PvP so that might be why it gets on my nerves.

#3 Best ganker imo,  good at kisk killing during fort raids but maybe the only class not getting a buff in the next big patch 1.9? I heard rumors but dont play assassin so dont care.

#4 From what I have seen the more forts your faction controls the more instances.  Keeping the upper forts is a must.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

yea I too loved the fort battles.. though some just saw it as a zerg fest.

But inevitably you have to level to compete on that, which means doing the icky pve parts

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Originally posted by jaker318

Just curious, i played early on however life got busy and now im thinking about giving it another go.

My server triniel is good, Elyos are the top dog, Asmo underdog

Depends on what you do.  Rifting and most general PvP is not like this but sometimes you will get ganked, it happens

There is a new stun defense system coming into place next big patch so go read up on it cause Sin's are definitely affected by it

4. I didnt get too far in the game, are there alot of instances at the end to take part in?

There are multiple instances at end game, DC, DP, SR, Adma, fort runs, etc etc. Drop rates are improved next patch as well and currently suck

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by Shatter30

Originally posted by jaker318

My server triniel is good, Elyos are the top dog, Asmo underdog

Depends on what you do.  Rifting and most general PvP is not like this but sometimes you will get ganked, it happens

There is a new stun defense system coming into place next big patch so go read up on it cause Sin's are definitely affected by it

There are multiple instances at end game, DC, DP, SR, Adma, fort runs, etc etc. Drop rates are improved next patch as well and currently suck

This is pretty much right.  I'm not sure if there are top servers but there are some that are more populated than others.  I know that Ariel is pretty popular.  I would definitely check out the patch notes.  The patch is only a couple of weeks away so its a good time to come back.