Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Karos cash-shop: Allods all over again?

ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Okay, I'm playing Karos now and enjoying it so far (only lvl 14). But I did take a peek at the cash shop already. Mostly I do this to see if there are unbalancing items (like armor sets & weapons). Luckily there are none, but the prices in the cash shop are quite insane...

For 1 US$ / 1 Euro you get 100 points. And here are some of the prices:

Character name change - 5000 poins (most P2P games this service costs 20-30 US$/Euro)

Guild name change - 6000 points (OMG - WoW does this for 30 Euro)

Guardian Angel (Large) (used at death, returns 60% XP loss) - 600 points

Platinum Guardian Angel (used at death, returns 90% XP loss) - 800 points

Large bag 30 days (24 slots) - 540 points

Fishing Rod / Mining pick 7 days - 400 points

Fishing Rod / Mining pick 14 days - 720 points

Fishing Rod / Mining pick 30 days - 1360 points

The fishing rod & mining picks can be bought in-game as well, those last 1 day and are 5000c

Looking at the guardian angels (the game is an open world FFA PvP game), the game might become pretty expensive. Add the bags (you have 3 slots for extra bags), and Karos already costs more than the avarage P2P monthly subscription...

Comments

• NewnameNewname Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by Reizla Karos already costs more than the avarage P2P monthly subscription...

This is true for the majority of F2P MMO's

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

so far ,its a nice game.i have 4 bag (yes only 12 slot)but it is ok .dont forget to deactivate filter if you have look issue

and you might need to crank up the brightness a bit or a lot hard to say since there is nowhere where it say if its intended to be gloomy almost rainy look or is it another look

the only issue i had so far pointing in the horizon is the skill .so far i havent found a place to reskill so i would advise waiting till endgame to spend those

by the way dont take the moth at start its limited in time  take one of the other two item instead way more usefull

but dont delude your self .this is a grind.like if you mine you ll be mining a lot ,if you fish you ll be fishing a lot.

you ll run out of space before you get all your needed item for crafting x,y,z ring!

as for the pvp ,dont know yet since that skill thing cant be rerolled so far as i saw yet in the starting castle it means

when you have to chose you might have took wrong ones lol

check their wikia site and dont be affraid to give tip there since searching for a needle in a hay stack suck!

ps:lag:for some weird reason when we login the game is laggy after a while it goes away

i think its gameguard being its usual self !