Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO GAMES for iPHONE

ArislanArislan Member Posts: 43

Are there any plans to add iphone mmos with according reviews to mmorpg.com?

Since this is one of my favorite and most visited sites it would be nice to have.

There are already some games out there like:

Pocket Legends ; TibiaMe ; Anrufen Online ; Outer Empires ; Parallel Kingdom

It would be cool to have a list of all available mmog for iphone.

Somehow I feel that mobile mmorpgs will be the next generation of gaming so better to start early with.

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

I was just looking at one on here last night, can't remember the name, it used Google maps and GPS for the game.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• iPhone MMOs? Such a thing exists? image

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

I don't see mmo's on phones being the next generation.  There isn't enough room for them and since mmo's usually require a lot of time it won't be worth it.  There is also making the different applications for the different mobiles OS's (unlike the PC industry where it's pretty much dominated by windows).  They would have to make it Apple, Android, windows mobile, and there are probably some others.

• ArislanArislan Member Posts: 43

Originally posted by skeaser

I was just looking at one on here last night, can't remember the name, it used Google maps and GPS for the game.

Yeah :) its actually called "Parallel Kingdom" seems to be for free. Are you going to try it?

• ArislanArislan Member Posts: 43

Originally posted by NetSage

I don't see mmo's on phones being the next generation.  There isn't enough room for them and since mmo's usually require a lot of time it won't be worth it.

Check this http://www.spacetimestudios.com/

I think they are developing fast and good.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

I've seen a few games on the android market as well.. played one of them a month or two back.  I could see more people playing them.

• BloodDualityBloodDuality Member UncommonPosts: 404

I would prefer to see smart phones be an extension of mmos that we play on the pc. So we can play the game in full on the pc, but when we are out we can still ahve some functionality on the smart phone. Fallen Earth has or is working on an app that allows for players to chat, create, use the bank, and AH all from the iphone. Would be nice to see more mmos do things like than, and maybe even expend things futher.

• Recon48Recon48 Member UncommonPosts: 218

The MMO game mentioned that uses Google maps is also available on Android phones.  

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

Originally posted by Arislan

Are there any plans to add iphone mmos with according reviews to mmorpg.com?

Since this is one of my favorite and most visited sites it would be nice to have.

There are already some games out there like:

Pocket Legends ; TibiaMe ; Anrufen Online ; Outer Empires ; Parallel Kingdom

It would be cool to have a list of all available mmog for iphone.

Somehow I feel that mobile mmorpgs will be the next generation of gaming so better to start early with.

something like eq1 or uo or other similar game could probably fit but why bother when you have game like earth eternal

free realm witch could probably moded fairly easy to run on iphone

• Naturalist99Naturalist99 Member Posts: 182

If your expecting some big mmo name like WoW to move over to iPhone, aint gonna happen, the hardware isnt good enough. But cheaply made lower quality mmos could probably make it over, but wouldnt be worth P2P, they already have an iPad mmo, and the iPhone 4.0 is geting the iPad proccessor, so im sure once that happens, the iPad mmo could easily port to an iPhone.

MMOs played: Too many
    Watch List: FFXIV, CoH:GR, GW2, SWTOR, TERA, Earthrise