Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To those who were with us in Alganon Beta - Present Date.

HakiemHakiem Member Posts: 35

Will a third through April and looks like nothing really new will happen in the game for a few more weeks at least.  Out side the game who knows ? Cows may fart ice cream bars and pigs might fly  as lawsuits get filed.

So what is everyone doing with this time of waiting?

I'm going to try something new and thought maybe some of you would like to join me over at

http://www.aerrevan.com/index.php

Beta signups have started so why not give it a go ehh.

Just Me,

Tim

If rainbows only come out in the rain then I would like it to rain at least once a day.

Comments

• soap46soap46 Member Posts: 169

Ah, this looks kinda cool.  Good find, sir.

• ElmarollyElmarolly Member Posts: 60

Yes please go check out the site and apply for beta. Most of the amazing Alganon community has gone there and that was the greatest thing that Alganon had going for it was the community.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Hmmph...I'm amazed i havent heard of that game, it actually looks good. Thanks for bringing that up!

• OyaDOyaD Member Posts: 7

I honestly have zero intention of going back to alganon, so this is  worth me having a look at, though it looks eerily like Planeshift.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by Hakiem

Will a third through April and looks like nothing really new will happen in the game for a few more weeks at least.  Out side the game who knows ? Cows may fart ice cream bars and pigs might fly  as lawsuits get filed.

I'm going to try something new and thought maybe some of you would like to join me over at

Just Me,

Tim

Yes, Allix mentioned that to some of us. It does look interesting, lets see what happens. I've pretty much given up on Alganon. What made it special was the community, and thanks to the ham handed antics of Mr Smart, thats pretty much gone now.  I'd be facinated to know if the investors know about the destruction of the community, and the implications of that on Alganons future(and their investments).

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Tiny company, no track record, hugely ambitious project - I can see why it would appeal to the Alganon community.

Originally posted by Banquetto

Tiny company, no track record, hugely ambitious project - I can see why it would appeal to the Alganon community.

Well... One can only go through WoW so many times before losing what one laughingly calls ones sanity. I have four 80's and some 60's. Having tried all of the major games(and more Asian grinders than I care to remember) at this point I'm willing to give them a chance.

I'm afraid I've totally lost the ability to generate any excitement towards an unreleased game. Too many disappointments. I'm currently enjoying Atlantica, it's not perfect by any means, but at least it's quite different in playstyle to most of the MMOs out there. Also I'm all set up for the Battle of the Immortals closed beta which kicks off in a couple of days, that promises some Diablo-style gameplay which might be a nice change.

• MajitsuMajitsu Member Posts: 10

I'm afraid I've totally lost the ability to generate any excitement towards an unreleased game. Too many disappointments. I'm currently enjoying Atlantica, it's not perfect by any means, but at least it's quite different in playstyle to most of the MMOs out there. Also I'm all set up for the Battle of the Immortals closed beta which kicks off in a couple of days, that promises some Diablo-style gameplay which might be a nice change.

I agree with you, but given the lackluster nature of MMORPGs released over the last 4 years, you would be hard pressed to find any game that you can really enjoy to begin with. I love/loved World of Warcraft. Given what we know about the quality of their releases and their ability to create/perfect ideas, their new MMO may actually be better than WoW. It could also be a disaster of epic proportions as well. It depends on what and how the work it.

If I had to say I was excited for any game, it would be TERA. A high quality Korean MMO being totally converted to the western market. It probably means that the game will release different content to each region as well. That is fine. The Asain Market likes to have a lot of grinding. The western likes to hop right to the good stuff. It blends some high quality art with a unique combat style and some typical western mmo features. Plus, it will be P2P, which is always a good thing in my book. Yes, generally P2P means higher quality because rather than relying on keeping "new and exciting things in the RMT shop" you are bringing in a steady income that allows you to actually budget things.

Anyway, TERA and Guild Wars 2 are the games I am looking most forward to.

I was looking at Heroes of Telara as it had a very unique system, but with no new information coming out about it, it is hard to get excited.

-- Majitsu.

• OyaDOyaD Member Posts: 7

Honestly, I've found myself enjoying the rather naughty emulation stuff where I can create my OWN rp and backgrounds with an established platform.  Mmmm, tasty tasty naughtiness.

Originally posted by Majitsu

I agree with you, but given the lackluster nature of MMORPGs released over the last 4 years, you would be hard pressed to find any game that you can really enjoy to begin with. I love/loved World of Warcraft. Given what we know about the quality of their releases and their ability to create/perfect ideas, their new MMO may actually be better than WoW. It could also be a disaster of epic proportions as well. It depends on what and how the work it.

If I had to say I was excited for any game, it would be TERA. A high quality Korean MMO being totally converted to the western market. It probably means that the game will release different content to each region as well. That is fine. The Asain Market likes to have a lot of grinding. The western likes to hop right to the good stuff. It blends some high quality art with a unique combat style and some typical western mmo features. Plus, it will be P2P, which is always a good thing in my book. Yes, generally P2P means higher quality because rather than relying on keeping "new and exciting things in the RMT shop" you are bringing in a steady income that allows you to actually budget things.

Anyway, TERA and Guild Wars 2 are the games I am looking most forward to.

I was looking at Heroes of Telara as it had a very unique system, but with no new information coming out about it, it is hard to get excited.

-- Majitsu.

Tera does look like fun, but I stay away from games that do not have PvE servers.  I'm LONG past tired of dealing with gankers and griefers.  Thats why I didn't play Aion beyond beta. Given their retention numbers in the west, its clear that many others look at things the same way.

• CheriseCherise Member Posts: 232

Originally posted by Wraithone

Tera does look like fun, but I stay away from games that do not have PvE servers.  I'm LONG past tired of dealing with gankers and griefers.  Thats why I didn't play Aion beyond beta. Given their retention numbers in the west, its clear that many others look at things the same way.

Have they decided against the PvE servers now?  The last interview (although some months ago) said they would have  PvE servers with consentual PvP content such as battlegrounds and duels.

But I'm the same.  I won't play without PvE servers and only played Aion for a short while in beta since I knew it would eventually lead to forced PvP.

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682

Just Me,

Tim

My McAfee Site Advsor came up with a Big Red X, telling me to stay away from this site....

Originally posted by Cherise

Originally posted by Wraithone

Have they decided against the PvE servers now?  The last interview (although some months ago) said they would have  PvE servers with consentual PvP content such as battlegrounds and duels.

But I'm the same.  I won't play without PvE servers and only played Aion for a short while in beta since I knew it would eventually lead to forced PvP.

Lets hope they do have PvE servers. That keeps the game from niching itself at launch in the western markets.

Originally posted by PhelimReagh

Just Me,

Tim

My McAfee Site Advsor came up with a Big Red X, telling me to stay away from this site....

Thats odd. I've been there several times, and had no problems. None of my anti malware, anti trojan or any virus software has had any problems. But then this is McAfee... So I'd take it with a grain of salt... ^^

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682

Do what you like, but in this day and age, any warning at all is sufficient to keep a prudent person far away...

Originally posted by PhelimReagh

Do what you like, but in this day and age, any warning at all is sufficient to keep a prudent person far away...

Prudent people also understand that risk management requires reliable information to make the analysis.  One can never eliminate risk, but it can be effectively managed. Thats one of the differences between security theater and security.  Thats expecially true in this day and age...

• rankor2rankor2 Member UncommonPosts: 115

Mcafee always comes us with silly warnings, I ditched it myself.

Anyway, about aerrevan, I checked it out and have signed up for the beta. Looks like they have some great ideas that I hope they can pull off. I hope I get a beta invite, would love find some major bug for them. Ahhh, something new to get excited about.

Also I'm all set up for the Battle of the Immortals closed beta which kicks off in a couple of days, that promises some Diablo-style gameplay which might be a nice change.

To sum this up in one sentence: re-installing Diablo II would be a lot more fun than playing Battle of the Immortals.