Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for an MMO -prerequisites inside-

Elitekill4Elitekill4 Member Posts: 99

Just has to be casual and has lots, LOTS of customization. Trophies/collectables are nice, too. Does -NOT- have to be specifically an MMORPG as long as it has lots of customization and meaningful gameplay.

Games I've tried that apply to this:

Let's see. Hmmm. Guild Wars would probably count. Played that for a while and now I'm bored (probably because I've been hardcoring on it for too long.) WoW - got to level 60 and decided it was enough anyhow.

Comments

• Hm, what do you mean with customization? Your character's appearance or having the possibility of building your own characters with as much skills/stats as possible? Or diverse gear?

What do you consider meaningful gameplay? What should the game have, crafting, a good fighting system, a large world, as much freedom as possible, a good story...?

Do you prefer PvP or Pve? Sandbox or themepark? Which MMOs did you play before?

• Elitekill4Elitekill4 Member Posts: 99

Originally posted by reijan

Hm, what do you mean with customization? Your character's appearance or having the possibility of building your own characters with as much skills/stats as possible? Or diverse gear?

What do you consider meaningful gameplay? What should the game have, crafting, a good fighting system, a large world, as much freedom as possible, a good story...?

Do you prefer PvP or Pve? Sandbox or themepark? Which MMOs did you play before?

Character appearance and diverse gear appearance is more important for me than skills/ stats.

"Meaningful gameplay" - well, hmm. A good fighting/play system would work quite nice. A large world? Not really a factor in my case but I absolutely detest long travel times. Story doesn't matter.

I prefer PvE. Ganking isn't really for me. Either Sandbox or Theme Park.

To be honest I was looking towards Audition Online. It looked quite nice - but there were a lot of compression errors during install so I have no faith in it, anyway.

• Free to play or pay to play doesn't matter?

Aion has very good character customization, one of the best I have seen so far. But the grind is....<.<. I know some people will disagree and say it's not a grind compared to games like Lineage, but the quests seem meaningless to me. However, it is visually very pleasing. Also, it focuses more on PvP later on, so I don't know if it is the right choice for you.

Perfect World has great customization, though some say it looks too "Asian". It also has some very good-looking armor at later levels. However, it is a free to play and very cash shop dependant.

Star Trek Online has good customization (but that is about its only strong point), however, the gameplay is extremely shallow.

I heard Lord of the Rings has decent customization (though kind of limited) and at later levels, a good sortiment of armor.

The one I always recommend people to look into: TERA. It isn't out yet, but the screenshots I saw look amazing. I don't know how good the customization will be, though.

F2P. I'm not just interested in MMORPG, so you know.

• JuJutsuJuJutsu Member Posts: 331

Hello Kitty Online

Originally posted by JuJutsu

Hello Kitty Online

How do I register? *panicpanic

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out.

The game doesn't download ._."

Back to square one, I guess.

• It was a joke post anyway. I wouldn't take him too seriously.

I guess I could try it. *grimaces in horror as I prepare to play

Note: Servers are down until Thursday, so anyone else got a good idea?

• BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402

If the game does not have to be MMO, try Fallout 3. Its practically limitless on how you can choose to develop your character. Has crafting and gives you a sense of meaning in a Post-Apocalyptic world once you dig into the main storyline.

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

Originally posted by Beermangler

If the game does not have to be MMO, try Fallout 3. Its practically limitless on how you can choose to develop your character. Has crafting and gives you a sense of meaning in a Post-Apocalyptic world once you dig into the main storyline.

Sorry if I wasn't really being clear enough about this, but what I actually meant is that it still has to be an MMO, but just not within the MMORPG genre. O_o"

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Even tough it isn't F2P, I'd suggest City of Heroes for you. There's good character customization, and the game has free trial.

Originally posted by Vrika

Even tough it isn't F2P, I'd suggest City of Heroes for you. There's good character customization, and the game has free trial.

I finished the trial storyline in under 20mins/half hour. I'd say no thanks to the grinding.

• RogueSevenRogueSeven Member Posts: 321

the only games i can think of with a lot of customization like you are looking for are either CoX or Champions...City of heroes has that going rogue coming out..champions is eh, fun for a while, some people really hate it, i dont mind it.....you can also check all points bulletin coming out later in the year. they say they are having a whole new business model, not quite sure how it is going to work but not the regular monthly fee i assume. look up some of the videos there seems to be a lot of customization (from clothes to weapons to cars to even music)