Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So wtf is going on with this game?

M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385

The lack of any new serious info is making me lose interest in this game pretty fast. It also seems that the new things, as little as they are, that they promised havent surfaced either. Im seeing an epic fail in the future.

Comments

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

how could you say a game will fail when  just stated that  information about it is lacking ? 

imo , the least information i get before the game is released the best. Hype based in theory crafting will never be good.

• M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385

Originally posted by kuhronusu

how could you say a game will fail when  just stated that  information about it is lacking ? 

imo , the least information i get before the game is released the best. Hype based in theory crafting will never be good.

I say it because they havent fulfilled their simplest promises.  And its not just the regular delay that MMORPGS experience, this is a total lack of any novelty.

• WavinstriderWavinstrider Member Posts: 24

I agree, this is very bad PR.  I was looking forward to this game since it promises to be the best thing since pre-cu SWG. 

But this total lack of information has me worried.

• AzurealAzureal Member UncommonPosts: 235

Originally posted by M4ko

Originally posted by kuhronusu

I say it because they havent fulfilled their simplest promises.  And its not just the regular delay that MMORPGS experience, this is a total lack of any novelty.

Which promises would they be, and with the lack of current information, how can you be sure they havent fulfilled them yet, and simply not told anyone but the beta testers.

kuhronusu speaks the truth.

PAST: UO-SWG-DAOC-WOW-DDO-VG-AOC-WAR-FE-DFO-LOTRO-RIFT-GW2
    PRESENT: Nothing
    FUTURE: ESO

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

Ok? so you loose interest.....4 months later new information is out and you are staring back at your monitor drooling again. It will post new information when there is new information to share and it will be out when its out.

• HarabeckHarabeck Member Posts: 616

Originally posted by aleos

Ok? so you loose interest.....4 months later new information is out and you are staring back at your monitor drooling again. It will post new information when there is new information to share and it will be out when its out.

This, pretty much. Think about it, if you're annoyed at the lack of information, that means you're really looking forward to the game, that your interest is actually piqued. If you weren't, you wouldn't be annoyed at a lack of information. 

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by aleos

hmm 4 months later? the game is slated to be released Q2 of which April is the start of I kind of agree with the OP some info would be nice not the look on their main website and get sent to a 3rd party for an interview that was conducted with so and so,according to one of those interviews there was supposed to be a gameplay video highlighting the changes in combat in January it is now April if the game is pushed back they should say so if they are just waiting til the last month before release to open a floodgate of information that seems kinda fishy to me I would rather have an update here and there for processing

• Robdc84Robdc84 Member Posts: 156

i smell a delay........

IN THE FACE!

Predicting a delay on a forum about MMO's is like predicting a wreck at a demoliton derby.

• Robdc84Robdc84 Member Posts: 156

Originally posted by Harabeck

Predicting a delay on a forum about MMO's is like predicting a wreck at a demoliton derby.

i predict u watch demolition derby! its ok so do i!

IN THE FACE!

• jrs77jrs77 Member Posts: 419

The developer does release new information every week in the form of the "question of the week". Additionally they do alot of pools on their official forums about various aspects of the game to see, where the community wants to see the game going.

If you got no patience to wait for a game, then you can grab any crap-title released during the last 3 years and enjoy yourself.
    Good things need time, and summer is allways a bad date to release a game, so everyone who expected the game to go retail this summer... well... dream on.
    MMOs like this get released, when people start to freeze and sit inside, not when the sun is shining and people have something better to do then sitting infront of their computer.

In the end it's your very own fault, if you got too excited.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Let them develop the damn game.

You want another MO? YOu want another over hyped Pos like WAR?

Lets just have a little patience and enjoy whats out now, if you cant go play a rpg or something.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

Originally posted by jrs77

Good things need time, and summer is allways a bad date to release a game, so everyone who expected the game to go retail this summer... well... dream on.

MMOs like this get released, when people start to freeze and sit inside, not when the sun is shining and people have something better to do then sitting infront of their computer.

Summer releases are very common for both games and movies. Just as people like to get out of the winter cold, they like to get out of the summer heat. Also, anyone still in school is on summer break, and thus wants something to do with all of their free time. Eve for instance, was released in May.

Originally posted by Harabeck

Originally posted by jrs77

Summer releases are very common for both games and movies. Just as people like to get out of the winter cold, they like to get out of the summer heat. Also, anyone still in school is on summer break, and thus wants something to do with all of their free time. Eve for instance, was released in May.

Schoolkids are 90% underaged for a MMO like Earthrise... and if I'd had a say over at Masthead, I'd release the game with an "M" rating and have blood and gore activated.

Additionally... EvE was released, when it was done. CCP didn't announce any release-date for their game, but made a "flawless" transition from beta to live... allthough I think that EvE is still somewhat like a beta *lol* The best and longest running beta in history, if you like so.

Nevertheless. Masthead should scrap their announced dates and just announce it to go open beta or live, when they're confident about it to be playable.
    If the game is any good, then it will grow fast enough through hearsay.

• holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532

Well I have to say I have a lot of faith in Masthead and that's leading me to not worrying about any lack of information. I read about them being approached by Interplay to help on a future MMO and that's got to be good for their credentials.

I'm also kind of of the opinion that I'd rather not get too hyped. I followed Vanguard from the start and got verye xcited about the game I really wanted to play. I posted on forums lots and joined roleplay groups and everything. I was an active member of a community that was very excited about 'Brad's new toy'. That's McQuaid , the guy who got a lot of karma from his time on EQ.

Well to cut a long story short. Vanguard wa snot the game they hyped. I think they did too much hype and not enough work. They then found that the game wasn't working as they intended and they supposedly remade the game entirely in the last year. It wasn't what I was expecting.

I don't want to go there again. I'm excited about the game but I'll wait till I get into beta (if I do) to get overly excited. I'm pretty much staying clear for now and reading the QotW.

The moral of the story? Don't take information as the sign of a good game. Take the final game as the sign of a good game.

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
  • CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

Originally posted by Azureal Which promises would they be...?

1. According to a Klassa.bg interview with lead developer Atanas Atanasov (dated last December) a new gameplay video was scheduled to be released in January. Later, Earthrise community manager Moll stated the video would be released during GDC and that she would "check into it." That was over a month ago;

2. According to numerous articles and interviews closed beta was supposed to begin in February and end by April. Again, absolutely no news, no closed beta, nothing;

3. Not a single dev has posted on the official ER forums in well over six months. In addition, for the entire forum's life of 2.5 years all of the devs combined have made a total of thirteen posts in english; and

4. None of the developers have ever released a statement on Earthrise's official website.

• VypreVypre Member Posts: 180

Originally posted by lkavadas

Originally posted by Azureal

Which promises would they be...?

1. According to Klassa.bg interview with lead developer Atanas Atanasov (dated last December) a new gameplay video was scheduled to be released in January. Later, Earthrise community manager Moll stated the video would be released during GDC and that she would "check into it." That was over a month ago;

2. According to numerous articles and interviews closed beta was supposed to begin in February and end by April. Again, absolutely no news, no closed beta, nothing; and

3. Not a single dev has posted on the official ER forums in well over six months. In addition, for the entire forum's life of 2.5 years all of the devs combined have made a total of thirteen posts in english.

Sounds like alot of pre-emptive hype and nothing delivered.  I was wondering how the Warhammer SciFi RvR experiment was coming along too. Guess I'll have to continue to wait.

Striving for Silver Stars since Gold is so effeminate.

• anonymousityanonymousity Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Vypre

Originally posted by Azureal

Which promises would they be...?

1. According to Klassa.bg interview with lead developer Atanas Atanasov (dated last December) a new gameplay video was scheduled to be released in January. Later, Earthrise community manager Moll stated the video would be released during GDC and that she would "check into it." That was over a month ago;

2. According to numerous articles and interviews closed beta was supposed to begin in February and end by April. Again, absolutely no news, no closed beta, nothing; and

3. Not a single dev has posted on the official ER forums in well over six months. In addition, for the entire forum's life of 2.5 years all of the devs combined have made a total of thirteen posts in english.

Sounds like alot of pre-emptive hype and nothing delivered.  I was wondering how the Warhammer SciFi RvR experiment was coming along too. Guess I'll have to continue to wait.

well the warhammer sci-fi mmo didnt promise info til E3 so everyone is waiting as far as that goes, now if E3 comes and no reveal then Id throw them in the same boat as this studio =p

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

Originally posted by anonymousity

well the warhammer sci-fi mmo didnt promise info til E3 so everyone is waiting as far as that goes, now if E3 comes and no reveal then Id throw them in the same boat as this studio =p

THQ promises a video of the 40,000 mmo at E3, because they hope to pull more investors into well... investing into the game.

who knows though, i hope it comes good... 40k is my favourite setting...

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/warhammer40kmmo/news.html?sid=6249498

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• anonymousityanonymousity Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Let them develop the damn game.

You want another MO? YOu want another over hyped Pos like WAR?

Lets just have a little patience and enjoy whats out now, if you cant go play a rpg or something.

I dont hear anyone saying we want the game released now, just want more than a laundry list and info that was promised 3 months ago or an update as to the status of the game seeing that this site has it set for Q2 release.This just shows that people are interested in the game if not they wouldnt be here posting about it.

Another MO? highly doubtful seeing that Interplay wants to use their engine for their fallout mmo(or apocalyptic themed mmo if Bethseda wins the lawsuit) Project V13 so their funding is a bit better I would think

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664

Originally posted by Azureal Which promises would they be...?

1. According to a Klassa.bg interview with lead developer Atanas Atanasov (dated last December) a new gameplay video was scheduled to be released in January. Later, Earthrise community manager Moll stated the video would be released during GDC and that she would "check into it." That was over a month ago;

Moll later then said that they would not be going to the GDC a month ago also and Moll also stated that there is no official date of a new gameplay video.

2. According to numerous articles and interviews closed beta was supposed to begin in February and end by April. Again, absolutely no news, no closed beta, nothing;

NDA and QA testers these are two perfectly reasonable probabilities to why there has been no news about closed beta however Atanas has stated that they are in a closed beta and if that is all the information they are willing to share then so be it.

Edit: Also lets me remind everyone that the devs do post information about the game every week. The QOTWs are directly answered by the devs. 

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

Originally posted by Joker2240
    Moll later then said that they would not be going to the GDC a month ago also and Moll also stated that there is no official date of a new gameplay video.

Who cares what Moll says? She's in Seattle, MHS is in Bulgaria. She also said that she'd "...look into it" in my gameplay video thread in off topic (and how on earth is inquiring about a gameplay video off topic???)and... she never did or MHS told her to STFU about it.

The Klassa.bg article explicitly stated the video was to be ready "...next month". That article was dated December 2009.

NDA and QA testers these are two perfectly reasonable probabilities to why there has been no news about closed beta however Atanas has stated that they are in a closed beta and if that is all the information they are willing to share then so be it.

There's no NDA. There are no QA testers. Again, Atanas Atansov, lead developer, lord of MHS, stated in that very same article the "closed beta test" consisted of nothing more than a "...team of the company."

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664

Who cares what Moll says? She's in Seattle, MHS is in Bulgaria. She also said that she'd "...look into it" in my gameplay video thread in off topic (and how on earth is inquiring about a gameplay video off topic???)and... she never did or MHS told her to STFU about it.

The Klassa.bg article explicitly stated the video was to be ready "...next month". That article was dated December 2009.

O.o does it matter that she is in Seattle? No it does not she still has direct contact with MHS and she does has direct contact with MHS PR. That is the whole point of my a CM is to work with both the community and the devs. I doubt MHS would leave the CM that THEY hired in the dust. 

Every gamer should know that stuff happen and statements said might have a chance of not coming true at all. This is not something unique to MHS this goes for every gaming company out there. It is their game and it is their information. They have the choice whether or not to share. Yes, even if they originally stated they would release stuff.

• M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385

. It is their game and it is their information. They have the choice whether or not to share. Yes, even if they originally stated they would release stuff.

Joker - hilarious as ever.  If they were working on an independent project that was free for everyone then I'd say "yea youre probably right" but for now ill just chuckle at your stupidity.  I have a feeling that MHS pays a couple of people to keep the hype and defend this game at any sign of trouble. And whats up with MOLL moving/deleting/locking topics that mention problems? Are they troll posts? or do they state something that is out of the blue and unrelated?

MHS can develop and delay the game as long as they want if there is a need for it, but we need some new info, videos, screenshots, and not some regurgitated paragraphs of text about unique economy or turf wars, we heard it all twenty times over. I am interested in the game, but im definately not as hyped as I was when i started reading all the info about the game, and in the meanwhile im playing BC2 and thinking that if Open Beta was to happen now, would i even join it? Something that i wouldnt have asked myself 4 months ago.

Originally posted by M4ko

. It is their game and it is their information. They have the choice whether or not to share. Yes, even if they originally stated they would release stuff.

Joker - hilarious as ever.  If they were working on an independent project that was free for everyone then I'd say "yea youre probably right" but for now ill just chuckle at your stupidity.  I have a feeling that MHS pays a couple of people to keep the hype and defend this game at any sign of trouble. And whats up with MOLL moving/deleting/locking topics that mention problems? Are they troll posts? or do they state something that is out of the blue and unrelated?

MHS can develop and delay the game as long as they want if there is a need for it, but we need some new info, videos, screenshots, and not some regurgitated paragraphs of text about unique economy or turf wars, we heard it all twenty times over. I am interested in the game, but im definately not as hyped as I was when i started reading all the info about the game, and in the meanwhile im playing BC2 and thinking that if Open Beta was to happen now, would i even join it? Something that i wouldnt have asked myself 4 months ago.

People like you are the reason, why developers produce nothing than crap these days, asthey're forced to release stoopid games that just look good in rendered videos, or because they're forced to hit a deadline, because people are impatient.

Gladly Masthead doesn't rely on people like you, as they're financially covered by private investments and not some big gamestudios. They can do however they please, and they've said, that they can refund their game with 70-80.000 subscribers allready....

Live with it, you're not that important to Masthead as you'd like it to be.

Look back to 2002/03 when EvE Online was released. it was the same story as we see with Earthrise now, and EvE Online made it to the best MMO within the last decade easily, because they deliverd in the end, and not before.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file