Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

APB - Paymen Methodt Announced

akathosakathos Member UncommonPosts: 179

Hi guys I was going through the FAQ on their site www.apb.com and found this exact statement

'How much will APB Cost?

The game will be available as a full-price PC title. We'll offer you flexibility on ongoing costs to guarantee great value - APB won't require a subscription commitment, nor will it rely on traditional micro-transaction offerings.

make what you will from  this, subscriptions are out the window... possibly good and bad! However some information for you if you havnt read it before.

Enjoy your day

Comments

• lexillexil Member UncommonPosts: 34

It need it's like Guildwars I guess,,

You buy it and you can play it

I happy it's like that, I dont like paying every month XD

• djmtottdjmtott Member Posts: 177

Think the site has had that for a while...

either way, I like micro-transactions. I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks here and there to get exactly what I want instead of paying $15 a month in a subscription for junk I could do without.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Originally posted by akathos

Hi guys I was going through the FAQ on their site www.apb.com and found this exact statement

'How much will APB Cost?

The game will be available as a full-price PC title. We'll offer you flexibility on ongoing costs to guarantee great value - APB won't require a subscription commitment, nor will it rely on traditional micro-transaction offerings.

make what you will from  this, subscriptions are out the window... possibly good and bad! However some information for you if you havnt read it before.

Enjoy your day

There is already a thread about this. Anyways, it says that a sub fee will not be "required." It never says that subscription will not be an option at all. You really have to read the cryptic print from alot fo these developers that use such words as "traditional."

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

Translation- They're taking a page from DDO....sorta.

My guess is F2P, with certain functions limited or disabled unless you "upgrade" your account via micros or subs. I suspect subs will get the best benefits.

However, I'm hoping that they also make it like DDO in that most of all content CAN be acquired in game, though it might take longer.

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292

For a comparable business model you should look at Global Agenda....

Which strangely enough is also similar in gameplay.

• MiserySignalMiserySignal Member UncommonPosts: 40

I thought it didn't have a subscription fee because IT IS like Guild Wars: not a full MMORPG (as in not massively multiplayer).

• HochmeisterHochmeister Member Posts: 70

I hope it is not P2P but F2P but you have to pay once for the game. Because I hate downloading games from the internet then having to pay for extra stuff like unique armour. But just like guild wars. Games like that are the only MMO's iam intrested in playing.

• HolyAngelXHolyAngelX Member Posts: 6

You know, im going to be the bad guy here but I hope there is a subscription option. 

My soul reason for saying this is because games that start out high end and get good publicity and ratings would probably like to stay high end and you need money.  And besides gold farmers that are out there how many people are going to keep on buying the game over and over and over to pay the developers salary???  Not me im content in paying 15 dollars a month for good content and regular updates.

Anyway take it for what you will, they need to earn money somehow just like every other buisness out there.

• AnsilAnsil Member Posts: 13

I agree ...free to play scares me..Id rather pay 15$ a month then pay 10$ here and there for equipment and/or goodies.

• islandlifeislandlife Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by Ansil

I agree ...free to play scares me.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Whytwulf ? Race of Man ? Rohan ? Lore-Master ? Historian ? Master Supreme Scholar
    Ovar &#164 Dwarf &#164 Lonely Mountain &#164 Minstrel &#164 Tinker &#164 Master Supreme Jeweller
    Grumwald &#164 Race of Man &#164 Rohan &#164 Hunter &#164 Explorer &#164 Master Supreme Tailor
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Not requiring a subsription "commitment" could mean even weekly subsriptions. . just not a commitment?. . . not "traditional" microtransactions could mean just about anything.     It almost seems like filler to me. . like when they say it wll be "competative with current high quality MMOs" for other games etc.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• stckmojostckmojo Member Posts: 61

Their revolutionary new payment plan is 9.99 a month or 6.99 for 20 hours...

On top of that, there's a cash shop, people are selling modded guns for real money and the game will be littered with zerg clans and the average gamer in a small gang will have a really rough time playing.

I was really excited about apb, but after the beta, payment plan, game performance and exploiting you can do....  it's just not worth paying for now... such a shame too.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by MiserySignal

I thought it didn't have a subscription fee because IT IS like Guild Wars: not a full MMORPG (as in not massively multiplayer).

If their not massively multiplayer, then what does mmo stand for since their both mmo's?

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by stckmojo

Their revolutionary new payment plan is 9.99 a month or 6.99 for 20 hours...

On top of that, there's a cash shop, people are selling modded guns for real money and the game will be littered with zerg clans and the average gamer in a small gang will have a really rough time playing.

I was really excited about apb, but after the beta, payment plan, game performance and exploiting you can do....  it's just not worth paying for now... such a shame too.

i was going to say something but you said it all better than i could kudos

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Can't we keep it all in one thread? I believe there's 3 going at the moment. I have plenty of opinions on the game but don't fancy posting them multiple times.