Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CoG - Classless , Sandbox , RvR , Housing , Old school (Vanguard/EQ like) MMO - INSANE!

2»

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by Robdc84

if they offer a free trial i will look in to it. rule of thumb is always try an mmo before you buy an mmo

the game is going to release with a 2 week free trial before you have to buy anything unless they change their FAQ sheet hehe

http://www.craftofgods.eu/game-guide/faq.html#5

• VypreVypre Member Posts: 180

It's at least worth checking out.  I find that with more indie and sanboxy games that don't hold your hand upon entry as to every facet of game-play, many players that are spoiled with entitlements and cruise-control game-play get a bit frustrated and turned off; the immediate gratification isn't there.

But at level 3, if I can feel my way around enough of the content to break-free of the starter area and tame a wild cow as my first mount, it's worth exploring to see what else I can do.

Striving for Silver Stars since Gold is so effeminate.

• DeathageDeathage Member CommonPosts: 146

Originally posted by mcvfxx

And this forum is exactly why beta testing should never be opened for public. People bashing it over even before it is released. Second thing after release will be - uhm, ghost town, nobody plays it. I guess why?

when i look at an mmo, the first thing i like to look at is some videos and screenies, then decide whether i like the feel. if im intrigued, then ill look at the features on the game's site. the opinions of others are usually the last thing i take into account, as i find that the people that go around kvetching about games (especially unreleased games) are the kind of people that will always find something to kvetch about. i for one am trying this baby out, it looks and sounds awesome. gameplay > graphics anyday (even though it looks good enough to me) maybe ill see you in game.

• bill9912bill9912 Member Posts: 23

Not sure what to make of this post.  These comments seem to be based on the information posted at the web site and forums and not on actual play in beta.  This post was before the latest beta so it is somewhat suspect.  I am not saying the game does not look like a fun game but there are a couple of things that are incorrect.

1. Not sure on boars but mobs do indeed drop magiacal stuff.  I had a lot of blue drops from owls, foxes,wolves etc.  The drops are way out of level with the level of the mob dropping.  You can easily get level 20 stuff fro a level 5 mob.  They will more than likely fix the level issue but  mob dropping items has to be done very carefully in a game that is suppose to be crafting based.

2.  Crafting.  I really wish it was like vanguard or other complex crafting.

Only in the latest beta could you actually craft.  It wasn't easy to even attempt it.  First challenge was to get to one of the main cities which was a very long ride dodging very high level mobs.  Once you got there there is not a lot there.  The key missing thing was the merchant to obtain the required items that are only sold.  You had to remember to take everything you needed with you or make long runs back to get stuff.

There are many items not in game yet so you can't get real far with the crafting.  You could not get crafting level high enough to learn new stuff and the ones you could learn either stopped giving a level increase or required items that could not be obtained.  So with this limitation I cannot say for sure higher level crafting will not be different. 

From the crafting I have done it is very simplistic. Get the required list off stuff and click craft.  You can craft mulitple copies but I think the max is 9 at a time.  It appears to be the fairly standard crafting system of you randomly get a skill increase based on you current skill level and the level of the item crafted.  There are few if any options unlike systems like vanguard where player choice makes a lot of difference. Maybe at higher levels it is different but I do not have a good feeling that this is going to be true. 

Crafting is key to this game so it is kinda disapointing that the first exposure is so simplistic. I guess we can hope that this is not the real system and it is just a place holder for those determined enough to get into the city.  Still they are now less than 2 month to release and they have many bugs to fix so there is not a lot of time to produce new content.

3. Game is P2P .  This is not new information so its hard to say why some people thought that.  It is in their FAQ and has been for many months.  Now they have even announced the pricing. 

• KarmakaziKarmakazi Member Posts: 165

this game looks so bad. Best of luck to them, they'll need it.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

I hadn't realized Vanguard was old school.

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Originally posted by astoria
    See at the bottom of
    http://www.craftofgods.eu/en/game-guide/faq.html

Which says, for the lazy:

Is there a paying subscription to the “Craft of Gods”?
    - Yes, there is. To play “Craft of Gods”, you must pay a monthly subscription. Pricing will be announced later on.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by fldash

Graphics are over-rated. Gameplay is king.

It is the wholeness that matters, graphics is a part of that. So is of course how fun the game is and a whole bunch of other factors but no game with ugly graphics will become huge.

If you look on the large F2P games they are the opposite, the largest have great graphics and crappy gameplay (like perfect world and Sword of the new world). 

A fun game can keep a lot of players as long as the graphics is acceptable, Wow did this even though it never had top notch graphics (but good art). But if I want dated graphic I could play EQ instead and most people who don't care abou graphics do, or play UO.

• QuasimojoQuasimojo Member UncommonPosts: 33

Originally posted by Rockgod99

And this forum is exactly why beta testing should never be opened for public. People bashing it over even before it is released. Second thing after release will be - uhm, ghost town, nobody plays it. I guess why?

The people on this forum that are true sandbox fans already know the deal with this game.

Its in Beta, Its server is in Russia so it lags a bit and like every other sandbox game released by a indy developer its going to take a while before this game realizes its potential.

Right now it has buggy combat and a bunch of bugs but you would have to be a complete tool to not see the potential it has in its skill system.

I am not sure I made my point clear. This bashing is destroying the game. More and more people always criticize new games even before they are out. As a result too many players are turned away, while they might have actually like the game. But they think like: "Oh, it must be a really bad game with all that critics around. And as nobody play that I will neither."

Reviews read about the beta version of a game should be kept in perspective. People who can't manage that likely wouldn't be contributing to the games success post release, anyway - at least not for any length of time. Issues with lag and, to some extent, graphics should all but be ignored, pending post-release reviews. Core gameplay mechanics are about the only relevant points to be made during beta.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Originally posted by brostyn

I hadn't realized Vanguard was old school.

Then you probably dont know much about Vanguard ...

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

If you really take your time and fine tune the details in the video options menu, the graphics will look good. Animations and the UI are still mediocre though. Music... my favorite part of the game so far, it's top notch and it really adds to the atmosphere.

I was hyped about this game but now i am landing again to planet earth :( Why? Cause i didn't liked the XP distribution between quests and mobs at all. I am lvl2, i kill a lvl1 hare it gives me like 30xp. I kill some lvl7 mob and it gives like 55xp - not even double. Disappointing. Then i check the XP i would get if i did that lvl1 quest... 500 xp or something.

Yes it has that "old school" feel to it but i am afraid the quests don't fit into it, at least for me. I hope they see their mistake and adjust it appropriately.

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

• OclloOcllo Member Posts: 52

You can start laughing now, I am.

Battle System

Two sides, two worlds, two cities: Ascoli and Karachevom. When you enter the world, you will chose you side, and this choice will be with you forever.

“Craft of Gods” is a PvP-oriented MMORPG, however it can be defined more precisely as a RvR system, because there are two realms locked in eternal struggle with each other.

You can kill one of your enemies at any moment, but if you are too strong for your opponent, the gods will block your attacks, because only a fair fight is honorable.

There is also a PvP area, where you can gain a military rank by killing many enemies!

And finally, if you will succeed in capturing one of the Tower items, you will be transformed into a Demigod!

• BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402

I`m itching to pre-order this but I`m nervous it will be pushed back indefinitely like MO - another game I preordered because of its 'features'.

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

not sure why people are saying the graphics are bad, must of played the beta weeks ago and the starter area which is gonna be fixed..

As I went to higher level area 3 to be exact the graphics looks really good.. and I have beta tested AOC, WAR, LOTR, FE and more and this game is up there with graphics. its beta they have some of the graphics turn down I was told.. and the last beta some of it was better, and I loved the look of the game, the skills..

It was buggy but beta buggy so we will see how the games goes I plan to watch this one and try the 2 week trial...

The game is cheaper than most and the concept is great... alot of people bash almost every game on the market the last 5 yrs and its annoying and turns people away from games,

The old saying goes people make, or break a game.. period... from 15 plus yrs playing MMO's this one is to watch and try it for those that do not know , I beta tested this for hrs......... and hrs.. hope to see ya there on the 20th for the final beta test before launch..!

• LeKinKLeKinK Member Posts: 899

I am trying the free trial now and the graphic seems a little off.  The white wolf at the starter area are "glowing", it's really odd if you ask me. It got better once I got out of the starter area but then I stopped playing because I wasn't sure if it was normal I was still level 1 when at Frontier. Apparently it's normal and there only 3 quests in the starter area.

edit: Also, the trial server things almost make not want to buy the game. There is no one to talk to and ask question, it's litteraly a ghost town all the way..  Took me almost 20 minutes before I understood how to take a quest.. And the "click" sound when you move the camera is anoying.

• SpeedMannSpeedMann Member UncommonPosts: 333

Originally posted by Rockgod99

The people on this forum that are true sandbox fans already know the deal with this game.

Its in Beta, Its server is in Russia so it lags a bit and like every other sandbox game released by a indy developer its going to take a while before this game realizes its potential.

Right now it has buggy combat and a bunch of bugs but you would have to be a complete tool to not see the potential it has in its skill system.

I am not sure I made my point clear. This bashing is destroying the game. More and more people always criticize new games even before they are out. As a result too many players are turned away, while they might have actually like the game. But they think like: "Oh, it must be a really bad game with all that critics around. And as nobody play that I will neither."

Same can be said for people hyping a game before it released. Saying it so fantastic then it sucks when it out.

==================================================
    Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

• -exo-exo Member Posts: 564

I've done a lot of beta's and trials myself, so I thought it would be time to add this one to the list. If it's as good as you say it is, who knows maybe I'll pick it up as well.

www.roxstudiodesigns.com

• TridianTridian Member UncommonPosts: 273

Originally posted by Lobotomist

So far impressions from open beta:

- This game has 8 races with unique abilities (for example werewolf that turns into wolf)

- Classless - 16 paths , mix and match what you want (ranging from rangers to necromancers)

- attributes that raise by use - use sword and sword skill raises

- skills that you learn by time like in EVE

- Realistic drops - boars dont drop magic armor , but skin and bones

- housing

- rvr between good and evil

- ability to rise to demigod trough RvR

- everything is crafted

- world looks like Vanguard

- quests are Vanguard/EQ like

- world is huge and very detailed

- NO INSTANCES

- game will be F2P ( good or bad we will see)

I mean this is crazy!

I beta Mortal online , Dawntide , Fallen Earth ... and more.

But this blows them all out of water !

Website says there are only 6 races :)

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

I'm playing it, and it's not terrible as of yet. Very few people seem to be on the trial server, and there's no global chat going on on the trial server apparently, which is dumb, 'casue everyone should be able to talk and ask questions and try to figure things out.

I am trying to charm animals, but everything I try to tame it says "Unable to Tame", and I don't know why. Anyone know?

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

Originally posted by lornphoenix

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Originally posted by coldcut333

Would  be cool if it didnt look 10 years old.Just installed and the ground texture looked awfull but then again so did most things,this would look bad on a ps1.They plan on charging for the client and a sub?It does have some nice features though,just a shame how bad it looks.

Its just a starting tutorial area. Like ghost world.

Just run to the portal out and viola GREAT GRAPHICS. Speed tree , grass , mountains .. looks great (like Vanguard, but i allready said that)

great graphics.... um, no.... Does it look better yes outside the starter area, but not by much.

Graphic aren't everything but I can't play a game that looks bad...

This, in it's current state, is a major turn off. Hopifully it will get better, for it's own sake.

Anyway, I was having fun riding around on a fox I tamed... I was level 2 and had been in the game for all about 30 minutes.

I also like the little icon menu that pops up when clicking on another player, with invite/duel/etc

Really this shouldn't be in open beta yet.

eye candy whore