Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CoG - Classless , Sandbox , RvR , Housing , Old school (Vanguard/EQ like) MMO - INSANE!

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

So far impressions from open beta:

- This game has 8 races with unique abilities (for example werewolf that turns into wolf)

- Classless - 16 paths , mix and match what you want (ranging from rangers to necromancers)

- attributes that raise by use - use sword and sword skill raises

- skills that you learn by time like in EVE

- Realistic drops - boars dont drop magic armor , but skin and bones

- housing

- rvr between good and evil

- ability to rise to demigod trough RvR

- everything is crafted

- world looks like Vanguard

- quests are Vanguard/EQ like

- world is huge and very detailed

- NO INSTANCES

- game will be F2P ( good or bad we will see)

I mean this is crazy!

I beta Mortal online , Dawntide , Fallen Earth ... and more.

But this blows them all out of water !

Comments

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

oops

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

How have you found the skill system? Any balance concerns?

I don't think it will be free to play, just the beta. See at the bottom of
    http://www.craftofgods.eu/en/game-guide/faq.html

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

I am playing it right now.

Hopefully it will not be F2P.

As for my impressions. They are great. I am enjoying it very much. Although its quite buggy. Well beta like...

hrmm. might have to beta it.

ps , did i mention that the game feels more like real MMORPG than most of the crap i played last 4 years ( aka its nothing like WOW)

• coldcut333coldcut333 Member Posts: 86

Would  be cool if it didnt look 10 years old.Just installed and the ground texture looked awfull but then again so did most things,this would look bad on a ps1.They plan on charging for the client and a sub?It does have some nice features though,just a shame how bad it looks.

• fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227

Originally posted by coldcut333
    Would  be cool if it didnt look 10 years old.Just installed and the ground texture looked awfull but then again so did most things,this would look bad on a ps1.They plan on charging for the client and a sub?It does have some nice features though,just a shame how bad it looks.

Graphics are over-rated. Gameplay is king.

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

Wow this really has peaked my interest.  I like the "classless" part. that way i can take what i need to make my avatar.  Almost like how CO did there power sets.  I really like that.  gonna have to get inot the beta

Its just a starting tutorial area. Like ghost world.

Just run to the portal out and viola GREAT GRAPHICS. Speed tree , grass , mountains .. looks great (like Vanguard, but i allready said that)

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Its just a starting tutorial area. Like ghost world.

Just run to the portal out and viola GREAT GRAPHICS. Speed tree , grass , mountains .. looks great (like Vanguard, but i allready said that)

great graphics.... um, no.... Does it look better yes outside the starter area, but not by much.

Graphic aren't everything but I can't play a game that looks bad...

This, in it's current state, is a major turn off. Hopifully it will get better, for it's own sake.

Anyway, I was having fun riding around on a fox I tamed... I was level 2 and had been in the game for all about 30 minutes.

I also like the little icon menu that pops up when clicking on another player, with invite/duel/etc

Really this shouldn't be in open beta yet.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Bro how are the system requirements? I enjoy playing my mmos from road on a low end laptop. It can handle games like Lotro and even Vanguard on decent settings but cant function with games like AoC and Aion.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

You should be able to run it Rock

Originally posted by lornphoenix

You should be able to run it Rock

Yeah i just checked out the site and my little laptop meets the minimum reqs so ill expect to atleast play it on low settings decently.

I watched a couple videos and if this thing really has a skill system im gonna freak.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

played, quite nice, but too laggy for me =(

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

Hows the PVP work in this game, full lewt?

• KrypticoKryptico Member Posts: 18

While its def. not the best looking p2p game Ive seen its def. not the worse either lol. I just checked out a couple videos on it and imo graphics dont make or break but they are a well liked asset. From the looks of the mechanics and all the qualities that make the game look fun to play.. the graphics r no doubt fine and acceptable in my book lol

• suizendosuizendo Member UncommonPosts: 67

How do you get in the game? 

Is there a place to get Beta keys, or what?

seems very interesting.

• KrypticoKryptico Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by suizendo

How do you get in the game? 

Is there a place to get Beta keys, or what?

seems very interesting.

looks like u can right at there website.  http://www.craftofgods.eu   .... im gonna check it out tonight as well :)

Im impressed the combat system is buggy as hell but the graphics are decent, the skill system is to die for.

I mean seriously. You kill stuff or do quests to gain a level with that level you put points into a magic system(skills).

You can also place attributes, skill up as you do stuff and train talents ala eve over time. Its like four systems in one.

Pretty crazy shit so far.

Originally posted by Mad+Dog

Hows the PVP work in this game, full lewt?

No full loot its Faction v faction but the pvp seems to be ffa everywhere.

Someone said you gain and lose pvp points or whatever but i have not seen it first hand.

• mcvfxxmcvfxx Member UncommonPosts: 59

And this forum is exactly why beta testing should never be opened for public. People bashing it over even before it is released. Second thing after release will be - uhm, ghost town, nobody plays it. I guess why?

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

The game is a bit buggy, empty and laggy now.  I find it hard to imagine this being likened to a sandbox?

Originally posted by mcvfxx

And this forum is exactly why beta testing should never be opened for public. People bashing it over even before it is released. Second thing after release will be - uhm, ghost town, nobody plays it. I guess why?

The people on this forum that are true sandbox fans already know the deal with this game.

Its in Beta, Its server is in Russia so it lags a bit and like every other sandbox game released by a indy developer its going to take a while before this game realizes its potential.

Right now it has buggy combat and a bunch of bugs but you would have to be a complete tool to not see the potential it has in its skill system.

• mcvfxxmcvfxx Member UncommonPosts: 59

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Originally posted by mcvfxx

The people on this forum that are true sandbox fans already know the deal with this game.

Its in Beta, Its server is in Russia so it lags a bit and like every other sandbox game released by a indy developer its going to take a while before this game realizes its potential.

Right now it has buggy combat and a bunch of bugs but you would have to be a complete tool to not see the potential it has in its skill system.

I am not sure I made my point clear. This bashing is destroying the game. More and more people always criticize new games even before they are out. As a result too many players are turned away, while they might have actually like the game. But they think like: "Oh, it must be a really bad game with all that critics around. And as nobody play that I will neither."

• Robdc84Robdc84 Member Posts: 156

if they offer a free trial i will look in to it. rule of thumb is always try an mmo before you buy an mmo

IN THE FACE!