Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My history fail

astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

My AoC history fail.

Thought this was funny so I'd share. Was leveling a new character to try out a class as a potential free 50 and my dad called. Finished what I was doing i.e. decapitated a mob, and moved to a place I thought was safe.

After talking to my dad a minute I said "oh hell, hold on, an effin Pict spawned." Hhe said, "Picts? what are you playing?" I told him AoC and he said, "neat, they have Picts, what do they look like?" I told him they were these smelly, ape-like barbarians. He loled and said "You know you're a Pict right?" I said "hrrrm?" He said yeah, we're mostly Scotish i.e. Pictish. Scot was the Anglo word, Pict Latin, meant 'painted or tattoed."

So in sum, damn AoC for making the Picts look so accurate. Honestly, I'd totally dress like them in the right context.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

Comments

• ShastraShastra Member Posts: 1,061

The cloud of uncertainty that surrounds the Picts is simply because they left no written records. So yeah anyone can formulate their own version of Picts!

• SilverwatchSilverwatch Member Posts: 232

very similar to the celts, the word celt is used a lot but there were no 'celtic' people, there only one reference to a tribe in Europe near the Danube called celts from Pliny i believe, the rest of the celtic identity has been made up by people who consider themseleves a celt!

Currently playing : Darkfall
    Character name : Aeola Anara
    Played: Almost every P2P MMO you can get your hands on, notably:
    Daoc, SWG, LOTRO, WAR, AoC + Dozens more

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

interesting. My sisters and I do have lots of tattoos though.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga