Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Preserving Paradise: Sustaining MMORPGs

Dear Players,

I'm currently researching the business of MMORPGs for my own independent thesis. I have only read up on the games and am - at the moment -  just a 'casual' (if not a mere tourist) to the many worlds available. As MMORPGs rely on community based interaction I thought it only reasonable to approach the communities first hand for their opinion on which games should be included in the study. 

I'm looking to evaluate 12 MMORPGs, which demonstrate various ways of sustaining themselves financially. I will be looking at the larger models that use subscriptions such as World of Warcraft and Eve, but I am also interested in any other notable (and more humble) recommendations users feel might be of value and interest. I am keen to examine other significant models, for example, those games that are free to enter or those that use advertising etc…

This discussion is open to 'switchers' and 'stayers', 'hardcores' and 'casuals' as I am interested in all opinions and responses to the games people engage with and enjoy. So if you have any recommendations and reasons why they are valid to my research then please post or mail me your suggestions.

Many thanks!

PS. I may be limited to a number of games as I operate on a Mac.

Matt Harris

Comments

• tehikktehikk Member Posts: 497

Mac = Not a good idea.

You might as well forget any idea of playing 90% of MMOs.

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein