Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cataclysm Testing in April

2»

Comments

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550

Originally posted by camp11111

Originally posted by pencilrick

Yeah, but what do you do until then?  Spend another six months in Dalaran using the LFG Tool?  This is already very, very, very old.

Since when is playing WOW limited to running a dungeon with a helpful tool?

As 50% of the actively played avatars in the last month were not even 80, I guess you make a re check on the division of the levels being played on warcraft realms.

And the other 50% are spread into PvP, various forms of PVE, crafting, seasonal content (next friday next season content), and the usual 100's of things people simply like to play in their world.

What makes you think those millions of people are in YOUR life cycle.

I'm talking of me, and many others who have multiple 80's, of which there are millions, or as you said, about 50% of the population.  For us, yes, sitting in Dalaran with not much else but the LFG Tool is very, very old.

This is a real issue, like it or not.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Originally posted by camp11111

Yeah, but what do you do until then?  Spend another six months in Dalaran using the LFG Tool?  This is already very, very, very old.

Since when is playing WOW limited to running a dungeon with a helpful tool?

As 50% of the actively played avatars in the last month were not even 80, I guess you make a re check on the division of the levels being played on warcraft realms.

And the other 50% are spread into PvP, various forms of PVE, crafting, seasonal content (next friday next season content), and the usual 100's of things people simply like to play in their world.

What makes you think those millions of people are in YOUR life cycle.

I'm talking of me, and many others who have multiple 80's, of which there are millions, or as you said, about 50% of the population.  For us, yes, sitting in Dalaran with not much else but the LFG Tool is very, very old.

This is a real issue, like it or not.

No matter how camp tries to deny it, the majority of the game is raiding. Other than raiding what is there to do (if you aren't into pvp)? Emblem grind. I mean how many times can you do Halls of Lightning or Utgarde Pinnacle before you go crazy.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Ultimately there will come a game that will do away wtih raid-or-die, or pvp-or-die for "end-game". Heck! there wont even be a end-game in future!

Maybe by players or gm custome contents!

This will be the game that will surely overtake the 8 billion pounds gorilla.

Just pray it'll happen soon...

RIP Orc Choppa

• flimmyflimmy Member Posts: 18

« on: March 30, 2010, 11:27:44 am

Well done, mmo-champion. Posting an April Fool's joke on the March 30th.

That is beyond epic fail.

• flimmyflimmy Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by fyerwall

I think they plan on starting a bunch of small events between May and the release of Cata, events that will explain and lead up to the whole 'World goes Boom!' thing. So pretty much a bunch of those quick, ADHD style events that are like a week or two long that requires players to chase spawns and the such across the globe to collect stuff (ala the remade T2 thing they did with the Litch Kings forces invading Azeroth right before Wrath launched).

It might not be major super fun content, but it might be busy work content that will keep most players running around with Pokemon syndrome (gotta do it all)...

3.9 is only going to be the bridge between Crapaclysm and WotLK.

If you go back and read past comments by Blizzard in the forums and interviews they talk about making the transition in storyline between expansions smoother and more cohesive.

In the past 2.0 and 3.0 landed with a massive splat. One day lvl 60 Naxxramas or Kil'Jaeden in SWP is the biggest threat in Azeroth then the next day everything is changed. It gives the game a very disjointed feel and Blizzard wants the storyline to flow smoothly.

So in terms of storyline we're going to see Deathwing emerge as the next threat as the Alliance and Horde are finishing off

3.9 is going to introduce the storyline of Crapacylsm without the gameplay and mechanics changes. I'm guessing this will hit during the Northern summer. Subs and interest drop off during summer and I Blizzard need something to keep people interested because you dont get 100% re-subs when expansions hit.

4.0 will be like be introduced a month later or so.

Then another month the actual expansion. Most likely Sept/Oct. Thats 5-6 months away.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Originally posted by arctarus

Ultimately there will come a game that will do away wtih raid-or-die, or pvp-or-die for "end-game". Heck! there wont even be a end-game in future!

We are with you.. I and the guild I was in all quit wow because there was only 2 choices once you hit 80 with 300 heroic dungeon runs under you belt..  Raid or PvP.... the End..   PvP like Wintergrasp wasn't bad because you saw the results of your battle.. BG's mean nothing.. They have no effect on the world.. The only crafting that was worth a shit was those that belonged in raiding guilds.. Again everything was dependant on "the raid".. Zzzzz

I tell ya.. I wish I was hired by SOE to rework SWG back to it's original sandbox with some major fixes, and some storylines.. I'm confident that I could turn SWG into a 1+ million with the right crew to support the vision..

• yayitsandyyayitsandy Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by Rydeson

We are with you.. I and the guild I was in all quit wow because there was only 2 choices once you hit 80 with 300 heroic dungeon runs under you belt..  Raid or PvP.... the End..   PvP like Wintergrasp wasn't bad because you saw the results of your battle.. BG's mean nothing.. They have no effect on the world.. The only crafting that was worth a shit was those that belonged in raiding guilds.. Again everything was dependant on "the raid".. Zzzzz

I tell ya.. I wish I was hired by SOE to rework SWG back to it's original sandbox with some major fixes, and some storylines.. I'm confident that I could turn SWG into a 1+ million with the right crew to support the vision..

This was pretty much my experiance with WoWs endgame . I wish something would grab me as much as WoW did in the first few years but was run by a company with enough integrity to care about what made the game great in the first place rather than destroy the original concept by greed .

• camp11111camp11111 Member Posts: 602

Originally posted by yayitsandy

Originally posted by Rydeson

This was pretty much my experiance with WoWs endgame . I wish something would grab me as much as WoW did in the first few years but was run by a company with enough integrity to care about what made the game great in the first place rather than destroy the original concept by greed .

I think CATA will add 2 great features: to the end game:

- a leveling system at the cap game (Path of Titans) for those wanting to advance after being capped with Archeology as a necessary profession.

- a battleground competition with the return of the prestigious PvP titles and PvP rankings.

The guild leveling is supported in each of them.

In TBC Bg's were very much played by those that didn't do the high end raids.

Wotlk assured everyone was motivated to Raid. CATA is very much a push to structured PvP competition (and the new world pvp with less vehicules).

In general people tend to stay MUCH longer in PvP play than in PVE play.  That's why PvP based games were always high on the play list of Xfire.

Want a real mmorpg? Play WOW with experience turned off mode and be Pve_Pvp King at any level without a rat race.