Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

gameguard is just killing this game for me!

drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

i had the thot of trying this game out !

and i did but after seeing gameguard in there im sorry but i cleaned it from my system

and if low number of player in the game is any indication,i bet lot of player did the same.

gameguard is nono!when will game dev understand that .aion had to remove gameguard idea because it would have killed their game.

gamer just plain dont accept gameguard !there are other less intrusive!

so i ll never know if this game was good since i never passed past gameguard.

me an lot of other hate gameguard!its plain too intrusive!basicly its easy if my system protection ask me to give autorisation in w7 i dont!

so if you design a game that need autorisation to hack my computer it means your game is too intrusive

some game continue to play if you refuse to give control those get a chance to get a vote

the one that refuse like karos !they go directly to that trash can!

Comments

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

Well then mate you 'll have to opt out almost all F2P games cause pretty much most of them are using gameguard as well. To my knowledge it's a cheap way for a game developer to achieve some kind of security from botting software and such. It's a bit unfair though to compare all these F2P games to Aion. I mean these are free, Aion is P2P, people playing Aion did very well to demand that their game doesn't use gameguard cause they pay for it so why compromise with such a cheap solution, but you can't say much about F2P games on the other hand - they try to achieve a low production cost.

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

countless program interfer with gameguard

w auto update =yes

microsoft security essential =yes

secunia psi=yes

etc etc etc

basicly i would have to deactivate all auto security just because MR GAMEGUARD  detected something going on in the background

its a joke ,and today i find i have the same issue with MR XTRAP

MR XTRAP DIDNT LIKE THAT MY COMPUTER WAS DOING STUFF IN THE BACK WHILE I WAS GAMING got disconected

countless other player have had same issue or worst

if they cant design software that works then they should go bankrupt

if a company like ncsoft pay gameguard or xtrap for flawless service that will work :then that software has to work

gameguard is the worst

but xtrap follow very closesly behind gameguard since window 7

in term of various issue!aion was gona loose countless player because of this

if i have the choice between my computer working great without game and having countless issue because of gameguard or xtrap or watchemacallit!im sorry but ill reinstall w7 64 and nothing will be accepted that ask fo administrator right!

espacially with the quality of browser game we get

im sorry but its not worth all the various issue gamer face because x,y,z game protection forgot a,b,c issue in thgis or that instance

it should work flawlessly no excuse im sorry but

xtrap and gameguard dont work !ask the thousand in aika that get disconnected daily

i dont hack i got disconnected too.so in the end these software cost a fortune to those gaming company

and absolutely for nothing and just make the gaming company loose customer!

sorry for ranting its later!have a nice night!

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by drbaltazar

countless program interfer with gameguard

w auto update =yes

microsoft security essential =yes

secunia psi=yes

etc etc etc

basicly i would have to deactivate all auto security just because MR GAMEGUARD  detected something going on in the background

its a joke ,and today i find i have the same issue with MR XTRAP

MR XTRAP DIDNT LIKE THAT MY COMPUTER WAS DOING STUFF IN THE BACK WHILE I WAS GAMING got disconected

countless other player have had same issue or worst

if they cant design software that works then they should go bankrupt

if a company like ncsoft pay gameguard or xtrap for flawless service that will work :then that software has to work

gameguard is the worst

but xtrap follow very closesly behind gameguard since window 7

in term of various issue!aion was gona loose countless player because of this

if i have the choice between my computer working great without game and having countless issue because of gameguard or xtrap or watchemacallit!im sorry but ill reinstall w7 64 and nothing will be accepted that ask fo administrator right!

espacially with the quality of browser game we get

im sorry but its not worth all the various issue gamer face because x,y,z game protection forgot a,b,c issue in thgis or that instance

it should work flawlessly no excuse im sorry but

xtrap and gameguard dont work !ask the thousand in aika that get disconnected daily

i dont hack i got disconnected too.so in the end these software cost a fortune to those gaming company

and absolutely for nothing and just make the gaming company loose customer!

sorry for ranting its later!have a nice night!

Looks like you have issues with Windows. Better learn to understand Windows before you go on a rant about GameGuard like you do.

I've played Lineage II for 4 years, and it uses GameGuard as well (and is P2P before you start about that). I never had ANY issue with GameGuard on my system while playing L2. GameGuard just gives the developers some kind of easy security against the commonly known hacks.

Your point about Aion is void & null as well. Aion used to have GameGuard, but it got removed because the playerbase pointed out during CB that the Korean version was already botted massively and GameGuard didn't help agains it. With that, GameGuard had some major issues with Win7 at the time, and NCSoft decidde to remove GameGuard from Aion for that reason.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

yep !in fact i had issue with it today !karos server restarted prblem went away in my head or windows ya riiiiggghhtt!

i dont think so !im not the only one ! i would love it instead if those game provider just encrypted their file like they should have done years ago instead of slowing our computer to a crawl

xtrap is a lesser evil!dont get me wrong it is still plagued witht the same issue as gameguard but for some reason it does work

soon microsoft will add a feature that remember what i installed or what game maker installed and when i ask erase will erase it ALL till then only one solution re-install window!

good for you if you never had issue with gameguard !if you google a bit you ll see ton of people with issue with gameguard

1 person might be wrong but not the number we see online lol

there is lot of issue with gameguard they dont test properlly and often interrupt verious service in our computer because it think its a hack .even aion stopped using because it cause more porblem then it solved !so instead ncsoft are using in game gm witch would be there anyway .they never had problem since they left gameguard!

and they found new ways to secure their games ways that slowly are also being used by other game!

• arnaki3000arnaki3000 Member UncommonPosts: 66

imo gameguard is the least of this game's problems