Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FPSs dropping without any reasons

LexiteLexite Member UncommonPosts: 165

Hey guys, first i am sorry if i post here my LOTRO forum account doesnt seem to work at all so i had to come post here.

My quest is pretty simple. If my hardware isnt dammage at all, what could be causing the FPS drop sometime when im wandering around with my friend and my brother in LOTRO?

everything is maxed out and i have a constant 62 fps (v-sync on), but sometime while im talking to an npc, for example if my brother come to me and appear in my back ( like on the bottom of my screen).. my fps for a coup;le of sec goes like to 35 then come back. My fps doesnt seem stable at all.. it always range from about 30 to 62. Most of the time i have 62 but getting in the low 30s is getting annoying when your in a fight for exemple without lagging.. and all of a sudden, even if there is no special animation or w/e the fps goes down then come back. Sometime i have to move the screen to a different angle to get back to the original fps.. I have played with the setting a bit and the lighting really seem to be changing the performance.

intel I7 920 @ 2.7 ghz (8 cpu total)

window 7 64 bit

12 gig ddr3

nvidia gtx 260

If anyone had some tweak info while keeping my game really good looking as it is now, tell me please! ( everything is at least on high setting playing at 1920x1080)

I7 920 @ 2.7ghz (8 cpu total)
12 gig DDR3 ram
Nvidia Geforce 560 GTX TI
window 7 64bit

Comments

• SoludeSolude Member UncommonPosts: 691

Down to 35 isn't a drop, when it goes to 5 thats a drop.  Turn off vsync if you want a bigger number.  With it on, the number generally jumps by fractions.  Or stop staring at the number =P  That said your rig should be pushing LotRO around at 130+ fps since mine did when I had a Phenom 7750 and an 8800gts.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

lower view distance!seeing 1000 fly at max range doesnt help you at all since well you still cant see them its just sucking power that could be used elsewhere!

• LexiteLexite Member UncommonPosts: 165

Originally posted by drbaltazar

lower view distance!seeing 1000 fly at max range doesnt help you at all since well you still cant see them its just sucking power that could be used elsewhere!

What view distance should I set it to so that I can see most of the things without losing some signifiant performance?

I7 920 @ 2.7ghz (8 cpu total)
    12 gig DDR3 ram
    Nvidia Geforce 560 GTX TI
    window 7 64bit

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Originally posted by Lexite

Originally posted by drbaltazar

What view distance should I set it to so that I can see most of the things without losing some signifiant performance?

only you can answetr that, PC's are all different.

When soloing I set everything on mine at max with no loss at 1680 x 1050 and I am running a 8400 @3GHz, 6 gig memory, Nvidia 260, DX10, and Win 7 and still get 60+ FPS with AA set at 4 and AF at 16. Grouping in a dungeon I use the old FPS habit of lowering everything to bare minimum, just in case the lag monstger rears it's ugly head. But then the OP has more machine than I do and says his stutters. Go figure.

On the view distance start at max and adjust down a little at a time til you get to a happy point.

I miss DAoC