Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BUGS: New Editor issues

AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

• CTRL + Right/Left-Arrow typically lets you scroll one word at a time.  This functionality doesn't work if formatting changes

Repro:

1. Type "test test".

2. Place cursor at the start.

3. Attempt to skip words with CTRL+Rightarrow.

4. Note that the cursor won't move past the second word.

• ENTER vs. SHIFT+ENTER.  Shift+enter used to always go down one line (as opposed to double-spacing by default).  Now it always double-spaces.

• Oddly, exiting bullet-point-mode with ENTER causes single-spacing to be default.

Repro:

1. Test ENTER's functionality on normal lines: note double-spacing.

2. Create a bullet point with text "test".

3. Hit enter twice to exit bullet-point-mode.

4. Test ENTER's new functionality: note single-spacing.

• Editing the text inside a quote box is nearly impossible.  There is almost no way for me to get the cursor inside the box.  Clicking the box selects the box rather than moving the cursor inside it.

Repro:

1. Quote a post.

2. Click anywhere in or around the box to try to manipulate quoted text.

3. Note that the box is selected (resize squares appearing around borders) and the cursor changes to the move cursor.

Expected:

-Clicking in the box would move the cursor there.

-Clicking the border of a box would select the box.

(I think I also have a bug with CTRL+SHIFT+END/HOME, which I use to select everything up til the end/beginning of a post.  If I find the repro I'll post it here, or in a new thread if a few days pass before I find it.

Another elusive issue is that sometimes when I add italics to a bolded word, the bold formatting is removed.  But it's working fine currently, which means there's a more to the repro than simply selecting and hitting CTRL+I, CTRL+B.)

Vista 64-bit + IE8

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

Comments

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

The last couple days now whenever I try to quote someone, the moment I click anywhere in the post box the quote disappears. No matter how many times I go back and try to quote the person this keeps happening, makes replying specifically to people much more annoying.

Windows XP and IE7. Haven't tried it on my Win 7 machine yet.