Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delaying another month + moving to new server + flying programmers to epic's studio to try and fix t

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986

Truely epic.....  as I said in the other thread:

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's priceless!  Why do they insist on such small delays again and again?   This is a game that they were SELLING in mid July and telling people it might ship in Sept... then Q4.. Then pushed back for 1 month to Jan.. then pushed back to Q1... then confirmed 2 weeks ago as March.. and now pushed back... again... to April.

Sure seems like we should believe them THIS TIME!!!

imageimageimageimage

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Truely epic.....  as I said in the other thread:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's priceless!  Why do they insist on such small delays again and again?   This is a game that they were SELLING in mid July and telling people it might ship in Sept... then Q4.. Then pushed back for 1 month to Jan.. then pushed back to Q1... then confirmed 2 weeks ago as March.. and now pushed back... again... to April.

Sure seems like we should believe them THIS TIME!!!

imageimageimageimage

We can surely trust them this time!  imageimage

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

it's a good decision. game is not ready

• A good decision on their part, though they could have announced it sooner. I'm pretty sure they knew they couldn't fix the desync issue in March sooner than today...but good for them and their players, I hope they can at least fix the desync issue in this one month.

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

7th delay?

They knew the game wasn't ready a long time ago... heck even in his message he says that they knew it and started to move their systems to the new network structure a week ago.  Just figured it wasn't important to actually tell the players until today...

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by rlmccoy1987

7th delay?

SV are not the most professional or experienced game developers out there, no doubt.

Still, they aren't even close to setting a record for total time in delays.  No even close.

[Mod edit]

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• Originally posted by Jakdstripper

Indeed they need another year before it is possibly ready for beta. 

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

7th delay or 120th delay it really doesn't bother me any. i have not paid for the game nor will i untill i'm convinced it's playable and enjoyable. all this means for me is more free beta. what can be better then playing for free?

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Originally posted by Rohn

7th delay?

SV are not the most professional or experienced game developers out there, no doubt.

Still, they aren't even close to setting a record for total time in delays.  No even close.

Besides, let's be honest here.  People like you and Slapshot are here to bash the delay.  If they had decided to go ahead with the launch in a couple of days, you would have bashed them for that, too.

Hypocritical forums stalkers FTL....

Waiting until 2 days before announced release?  Is that professional?

More professional than releasing a game they know is shalllow,lacking in polish adn content and full of bugs...you knwo liek some Professional companies do...

Originally posted by Drakynn

7th delay?

Besides, let's be honest here.  People like you and Slapshot are here to bash the delay.  If they had decided to go ahead with the launch in a couple of days, you would have bashed them for that, too.

More professional than releasing a game they know is shalllow,lacking in polish adn content and full of bugs...you knwo liek some Professional companies do...

For the record.. none of what you liisted was stated as a reason for the delay.  It was stated that it was delayed for the Desynch issue.  I do not believe that they will be addressing ANY of the items you listed before release.. but we shall see.. in a month.

• qazqaz123qazqaz123 Member Posts: 123

7th delay?

sadly this is common practice so yes..

Thou the issue with desync they suddenly got is so bad it need to be looked at, and im for one is happy they dont release with that shit, it would make em loose more customers, this if it shows anything show that they actualy DO CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS!

[Mod Edit]

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

Who gives a shit if they delay the game many times? All companys do it. I remember following AoC, that was delayed atleast 3 times. And they have a HUGE development team and alot of funding compared to Mortal Online.

Delays are a GOOD thing. Everytime a game gets delayed people whine, everytime a game is realeased people whine cause its to buggy and say they should have developed more.

So tired of all the QQing.

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• NatarayaNataraya Member Posts: 78

wise delay; haters going to love

• EschmekEschmek Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by Nataraya

wise delay; haters going to love

the more haters are posting here the more going to care about the game, thx.

good decision anyways.

good work, Just do it again and again and again :p

Originally posted by Feather5

About time rlmcoy got banned from here surely? only posts are about MO, he sits on here all day posting about how bad MO is / the developers are....(btw i dont play MO)

Maybe you could do a better job though im sure.

Banned for what?  What did I do?  I am just posting news image

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558

7th delay?

For the record.. none of what you liisted was stated as a reason for the delay.  It was stated that it was delayed for the Desynch issue.  I do not believe that they will be addressing ANY of the items you listed before release.. but we shall see.. in a month.

if you really think that LMAO. Wow really think about what you just said

Originally posted by downtoearth

7th delay?

Did you quote the wrong post?   Nothing you quoted contains LMAO or is laughing at anything.  You lost me.

7th delay?

Did you quote the wrong post?   Nothing you quoted contains LMAO or is laughing at anything.  You lost me.

here let me underline it for you slap

I do not believe that they will be addressing ANY of the items you listed before release..

do you really think they arent going to address any bugs and not do some polish..

• disciplinediscipline Member Posts: 44

guys this is a fantasic decision on thier part. just take 5mins to think about this: heading to Epic and having direct support in the framework of there ingame engine is unheard of. if any of you have spent anytime modding and scripting with UnrealTech then you can grasp the daunting mechanics behind converting the engine to adopt an mmo style of gameplay. and having the team behind Unreal Tournament, Gears of War and having Cliff Blizinski standing over your shoulder helping you fix your broken game. the ramifications are beyond your limited scope of the game being delayed another month...hell delay it 6-8months if they can get it right.

im not a fanboi, in fact paying for an open beta is bad juju. but i see what they are trying to do on an engine that is leading edge, let them take there time and this game will be better then you think. having help from a AAA studio is any bergeoning studios wet fucking dream.

dont hate on them, they are trying to make things right, and this is an amazing first step, be greatful

Originally posted by discipline

guys this is a fantasic decision on thier part. just take 5mins to think about this: heading to Epic and having direct support in the framework of there ingame engine is unheard of. if any of you have spent anytime modding and scripting with UnrealTech then you can grasp the daunting mechanics behind converting the engine to adopt an mmo style of gameplay. and having the team behind Unreal Tournament, Gears of War and having Cliff Blizinski standing over your shoulder helping you fix your broken game. the ramifications are beyond your limited scope of the game being delayed another month...hell delay it 6-8months if they can get it right.

im not a fanboi, in fact paying for an open beta is bad juju. but i see what they are trying to do on an engine that is leading edge, let them take there time and this game will be better then you think. having help from a AAA studio is any bergeoning studios wet fucking dream.

dont hate on them, they are trying to make things right, and this is an amazing first step, be greatful

open beta is free

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I like how the OP bashes the game for not being ready and at the same time bashes them for delaying it to improve it, good stuff.

I think the updated client and netowrk should clear out a lot of the bugs and give them a better foundation and also give them more time to polish the game up, nice move on their part.

I do not believe that they will be addressing ANY of the items you listed before release..

do you really think they arent going to address any bugs and not do some polish..

The programmers are going to be in the US working with Epic on moving to a new network structure and changing to the updated unreal Engine.

They did not postpone the game to work on account of it being shalllow,lacking in polish and content and full of bugs.  They postponed it (at least according to the post) because of the Desync issue which they finally realized was not going to be fixed. They CERTAINLY will not be adding depth or content.  Adding such will require even more testing and inject additional bugs which need to be tested so no.. I don't think the basic game is oging to change over the next month.

Back in December instead of postponing it for "one addiional month" (till jan) they should have realized the scope of what needed work and postponed it until Q3 of this year.  This should have been accompanied by an offer to allow those who ordered in July 2009 a chance for a non-contested refund since when they pre-ordered they were told the game might be shipping in September.

They just need to stop with the unrealistic small pushbacks and bite the bullet and send it back into the shop or a significant amount of time.  Relaunch a real closed beta where the actually look at system specs and not simply let people in because they order.   Then once there is a real game, with depth and content, a real patcher, and  substantially less bugs (particularly critical ones) they can re-introduce the game to the public with an open beta.

Pushing it back a mere 4 weeks after all the prior small delays is not going to result in any significant changes to the game.  it might fix the desynch issue depending on the real underlying cause... which is what their publicly stated goal is.

The programmers are going to be in the US working with Epic on moving to a new network structure and changing to the updated unreal Engine.

They did not postpone the game to work on account of it being shalllow,lacking in polish and content and full of bugs.  They postponed it (at least according to the post) because of the Desync issue which they finally realized was not going to be fixed. They CERTAINLY will not be adding depth or content.  Adding such will require even more testing and inject additional bugs which need to be tested so no.. I don't think the basic game is oging to change over the next month.

Back in December instead of postponing it for "one addiional month" (till jan) they should have realized the scope of what needed work and postponed it until Q3 of this year.  This should have been accompanied by an offer to allow those who ordered in July 2009 a chance for a non-contested refund since when they pre-ordered they were told the game might be shipping in September.

They just need to stop with the unrealistic small pushbacks and bite the bullet and send it back into the shop or a significant amount of time.  Relaunch a real closed beta where the actually look at system specs and not simply let people in because they order.   Then once there is a real game, with depth and content, a real patcher, and  substantially less bugs (particularly critical ones) they can re-introduce the game to the public with an open beta.

Pushing it back a mere 4 weeks after all the prior small delays is not going to result in any significant changes to the game.  it might fix the desynch issue depending on the real underlying cause... which is what their publicly stated goal is.

they will stil work on some of that stuff. becuase they do have have more time 2. and yes i know they delayed cause of th dysync. but that doesnt mean there not going to work on nothing else.

?Originally posted by Gabby-air

I like how the OP bashes the game for not being ready and at the same time bashes them for delaying it to improve it, good stuff.

I think the updated client and netowrk should clear out a lot of the bugs and give them a better foundation and also give them more time to polish the game up, nice move on their part.

I don't think anyone complains about the game being held back as it's obviously not ready for prime-time.  I think most folks think it's a silly game that SV is playing with all the small bumps instead of taking significant steps. Instead of another 4 weeks.. realize the reality of the state of the game and send it back to closed beta to fix it up and make it into a real game.. then come back to us in 6 months and let us see what has been accomplished.

Edited to add:

This is what I mean.  Here is their delay message from December 16th:

Release

In order to deliver you the best product we can, we are pushing back the release of Mortal Online for one month. This is not a decision we take lightly but we feel that it is necessary to do so in order to polish all the core features.

All the core features will be implemented and the additional time will also ensure that we can continue in thoroughly testing all the game features and eradicate all those nasty bugs.

Just be honest and push it back a reasonable amount of time to actually "eradicate all those nasty bugs" instead of repeated small delays...